Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 03:29 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times

Advertisements

Throw out all the Mexicans tomorrow and see how much food there is at the grocery store this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
As my namesake Mr. Spock would state: Your logic is illogical!

Just because the Irish did very well for themselves over time does not necessarily mean that the Mexican and Central American Immigrants will do too. They spoke English and served a purpose in a completely different time in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 PM

318 posts, read 566,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Throw out all the Mexicans tomorrow and see how much food there is at the grocery store this summer.
Yes, America needs it's share of low skilled uneducated people but do we need as many as before with technology and automation taking the place of many routine jobs? When you look at the unemployment rate of people who are poorly educated and low skilled you might gather than we have a glut of those type of people. So yes we need some Mexican Immigrants for those dirty jobs, but not in such large numbers.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:38 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
What is wrong with the population stabilizing at 2.1 replacement rate? Can it grow forever, either through birth or immigration of some kind?

Old 03-20-2013, 03:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Well of course they're pouring over the borders, they've destroyed their own country and now need a new one. They're great one-party voters and their incredible birth rates will be certain to create very massive population growth and all the unlimited cheap labor that the elites want -- and those babies get them plenty of food stamps, WIC, and Section 8 to make it easy for them to take the jobs that pay little.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:42 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most of the Irish weren't here illegally. Far too many Mexicans and other Latinos are. That's a huge difference. Those coming here illegally are poor, uneducated and unskilled and are a burden to our society. They certainly are showing us they have no respect for our immigration laws either. They come from a culture of corruption and ethnocentricism. The future doesn't look bright.
This thread is about welfare, which has nothing (technically) to do with illegal immigration... so that is off topic, and I suggest posting on the Illegal Immigration forum if you want to discuss that issue. But I'm not surprised it only took a few posts to turn it that direction.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:52 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
The Wall Street Journal and the Southern Poverty league have claimed that the organization doing the study has ties to a white supremacist group. The Southern Poverty league says that the Organization uses manipulated date to support their supremacist goals.

I have no idea, at this point, but you need to consider the source. I have only anecdotal evidence, but all of the immigrant hispanics that I know work and pay their bills.

center for immigration studies wiki

Old 03-20-2013, 03:55 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The intended effect is to keep them poor and on welfare so they vote democratic.
Anyone who has read any of my posts knows that I am not for having illegals in this country. I just want to address what you said. I went to the bank this week to do some business. Two black employees were sitting at a desk that would normally take care of customers talking and laughing. I thought one must be a customer or surely one of them would ask to help me. Couple of white employees were in offices talking to what seemed to be customers. There I sat; being ignored. I would have had to rudely interrupt someone in order to get their attention. Then in comes a girl carrying her handbag. She surely had been to lunch. She spoke to me and when she realized I needed help, she said just a minute and went into her office and got rid of the bag and came back and gave me assistance. She was friendly, cheerful, polite, helpful, and a good asset to the bank and she was Hispanic. She was also well-groomed and very attractive.

I don't think the "keep them poor and on welfare" is going to work. After my business was complete something happened to make me realize the black employees had just been ignoring me and both were employees rather than one being an employee and one being a customer. Sounded like they had just been goofing off. There had been a lot of talking and laughing going on.

This may be an explanation as to why employers will look the other way to hire Hispanics and the government has to require people to hire the black employees. My visit was very educating for me. Even if their visiting with each other had been necessary, they could have acknowledged that I was there and let me know I would be helped asap. I had wondered how long I was going to have to wait to get some help. It was a very uncomfortable feeling. If this happens too often, I will be moving my banking business elsewhere.

Last edited by NCN; 03-20-2013 at 04:05 PM..

Old 03-20-2013, 03:57 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
Quote:
All you hear about on the news today is how everyone should defer to the Hispanic Immigrants because they are the New America. If that is true we are in serious trouble. Nearly every stat about our neighbors from the south coming here is scary. Poverty, crime, education attainment, income, lifestyle, children out of wedlock, etc.

I find many Hispanics from Latin America wonderful people on an individual basis, but as a group are they the best the world has to offer America? Who knows, but the attached article with it's stats is scary: Your thoughts?

Fifty-seven percent of Mexican immigrants on welfare - Spokane Immigration | Examiner.com

Immigrants in the United States: A Profile of America's Foreign-Born Population | Center for Immigration Studies
The Europeans were the worst thing to happen to America. They cut down most of the forests, dug up all the prairie, causing most of the topsoil to blow away, and they brought all kinds of nasty diseases with them. Let's try to get all the people of European descent out first and then work on the Mexicans.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:05 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
better the Europeans than the Russians or Chinese. Either way Native Americans did not have this land secured and protected against outside intruders.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:12 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
All you hear about on the news today is how everyone should defer to the Hispanic Immigrants because they are the New America. If that is true we are in serious trouble. Nearly every stat about our neighbors from the south coming here is scary. Poverty, crime, education attainment, income, lifestyle, children out of wedlock, etc.

I find many Hispanics from Latin America wonderful people on an individual basis, but as a group are they the best the world has to offer America? Who knows, but the attached article with it's stats is scary: Your thoughts?

Fifty-seven percent of Mexican immigrants on welfare - Spokane Immigration | Examiner.com

Immigrants in the United States: A Profile of America's Foreign-Born Population | Center for Immigration Studies
Quote:
In some reports the U.S.-born children of immigrants are counted with natives. But it makes more sense to include these children with their immigrant parents because the poverty rate of minor children reflects their parents’ income.
In other words...CIS cooked the numbers to increase "Immigrant population numbers on assistance".
An American born child is not an immigrant. If they are[U.S citizen child] recieving benefits, CIS lumps them, and thier benefits, in as immigrants.

Quote:
Source: Center for Immigration Studies analysis of the March 2011 Current Population
Survey (CPS) public-use file. Figures for blacks, Asians, and whites are for those chose only one race. Hispanics can be of any race and are excluded from other categories. Official governement poverty statistics do not include unrealted individuals under 15 (mostly foster children) and they are therefore no included in this table. Regoins are defined in end note 24.
1 Near-povety is defined as less than 200 percent of the poverty threshold.
2 Includes U.S.-born children undr age 18 of immigrant fathers.
3 Excludeds U.S.-born children under age 18 of immigrant fathers.
CIS expands the "hispanic" catagory" to increase numbers, also 200% of the poverty threshold is a high level.

This report is CIS's interpretation of the governmental numbers...moving things here and tweeking things there to get to there conculusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies