Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:45 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
We would be glad to have them in Billings, MT, too.
I think they have had enough of those liberal, Eastern states!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 09:48 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
I absolutely agree. Put all of the people who are anti gun safety and regulation in a small confined area and load them up with assault weapons and unlimited bullets and I think the problem will solve itself.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:06 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
OMG! Looks like Alaska is planning on invading the Lower 48
Actually, the plan is to annex the Yukon Territory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
I guess we all should prepare ourselves for prison camps where we will be force fed polar bear meat while the new masters run around hunting all our wildlife!
You already live in a prison camp, which we Alaskans refer to as the "lower-48."

What wildlife?

Old 03-21-2013, 10:15 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
What wildlife?
Good point. We don't have Palins running loose like you do in Wasilla.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Yawn, I've been dealing with this crap in California since 2000. You guys are late to the party.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Good point. We don't have Palins running loose like you do in Wasilla.
Actually, Sarah Palin sold her property in Wasilla and her family moved to Arizona. She is one of your ilk now, a lesser-48er.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:36 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,681 times
I would suggest Alaska has a litmus test for anyone wanting to move up there so what happened to Colorado doesn't happen to Alaska. To become an Alaska resident you must affirm to a contract on certain issues, one of them being firearms.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I would suggest Alaska has a litmus test for anyone wanting to move up there so what happened to Colorado doesn't happen to Alaska. To become an Alaska resident you must affirm to a contract on certain issues, one of them being firearms.
Unnecessary. Alaska's State Constitution already contains that contract.
A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State. --- Article 1, Section 19 of the State of Alaska Constitution.
The political subdivisions include all boroughs, cities, towns and villages.

It requires two-thirds of the popular vote to change the State Constitution, and with an average of 1.53 firearms per household in Alaska, I do not think you are going to see it changed anytime in the foreseeable future.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:48 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It requires two-thirds of the popular vote to change the State Constitution, and with an average of 1.53 firearms per household in Alaska, I do not think you are going to see it changed anytime in the foreseeable future.
The USA has that exact amendment and it doesn't stop them with such stupid arguments as

1)it mentions militia! That must means it only applies to a well-regulated militia!
2)Who said we are banning guns! Just "military style automatic assault rifles"

You read this forum. You know how ridiculous their arguments. The only reason Alaska is fine right now is because it's filled with freedom loving people like yourself. Just wait until the nanny staters from the lower 48 fill your state when they ruin theirs. And watch how much that amendment means.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
The USA has that exact amendment and it doesn't stop them with such stupid arguments as

1)it mentions militia! That must means it only applies to a well-regulated militia!
2)Who said we are banning guns! Just "military style automatic assault rifles"

You read this forum. You know how ridiculous their arguments. The only reason Alaska is fine right now is because it's filled with freedom loving people like yourself. Just wait until the nanny staters from the lower 48 fill your state when they ruin theirs. And watch how much that amendment means.
Not exactly the same. We added on to the Second Amendment in the US Constitution: The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

Even Concealed Carry Permits are unconstitutional in Alaska, although the State still issues them for reciprocity purposes with other States.

Somehow I do not see a flood of people from the lower-48 suddenly moving to Alaska. Once they get a taste of our cold dark winters they will be begging for Global Warming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies