Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 06:38 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,417,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Honey...........she's the one who is obvious. Don't blame anyone else. And certainly don't blame people for noticing.

I suppose your next move will be to say people are SCARED of her!

lol

Gotta agree about Hannity. Can't stand the fool. Occasionally (rarely), I watch because of a guest, but Good God, shut your piehole about dirty air and water, you raving idiot!

Seriously can't stand Hannity.

And yes, I'm disputing MadCow's intelligence. Again, education does not equal intelligance.
What the hell is so LOL about saying cons are afraid of Rachel Maddow? They pull that bull**** all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Well, she seems to want to give back to her community in her H.S. Grad speech.
Maybe not the same things you want to give, but give, just the same

Rachel Maddow high school speech - YouTube
Oh my God, that was amazing. Did you hear that applause? It was like she was already famous. At the end as she's walking offstage you can hear a woman say she's going to be something someday

Old 03-21-2013, 07:01 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,879,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow2 View Post
She and some on the left seem to believe that the Titanic is not sinking. They are desperately rearranging the deck chairs in hopes of saving the bill.
msnbc video
The video isn't of Maddow and is talking about gay marriage not assault weapons.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 PM

13,715 posts, read 31,035,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
She is brilliant and it's a good thing she's pursuing gun control.

Oh, her ratings are higher than Hannity in the coveted 25-54 age group and her overall ratings are double CNN. Not bad for "a college dorm basement broadcast."
Brilliant? I don't think so. She is a political commentator, just like her counterparts on the right.

If ratings were a good predictor of brilliance, then you would have to agree Rush Limbaugh is brilliant too.

Ratings of a TV or radio show indicate only one thing - the audience enjoys that show. Far more people watch Dancing with the Stars.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,616,601 times
Lordy, I watched about 10 minutes of Maddow tonight and couldn't stomach it.

She's not even a good commentator.

Switched to Piers. Nothing good on Animal Planet.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:10 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,146,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Wow, Rachel Maddow sure does push the wingnut buttons. The fact that they attack her sexuality, her dress and looks and call her an "idiot" without citing anything specific, means that Maddow is on the right track.

Just have to wonder if they're just uncomfortable having a open lesbian hosting a show.

I dont care about any of the issues you pointed out, I just want her to have unbiased facts rather than spout off with the liberal mantra of more gun control. I wonder if she would do better to contact the "pink pistols" for a more factual response, some how I doubt it.

Last edited by monkeywrenching; 03-21-2013 at 08:00 PM..

Old 03-21-2013, 07:19 PM

26,229 posts, read 14,845,717 times
To be fair, Rachel Maddow's job is not so much to report the news, but to reaffirm the political beliefs of her viewers. Part of this affirmation includes promoting her political viewpoints. The same is true of Hannity and many others.

What she is doing is perfectly within her job.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
do the exact same sort of attacks on ann coulter by the libnut contingent prove that coulter is on the right track?
The cons say it does

Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,616,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
To be fair, Rachel Maddow's job is not so much to report the news, but to reaffirm the political beliefs of her viewers. Part of this affirmation includes promoting her political viewpoints. The same is true of Hannity and many others.

What she is doing is perfectly within her job.
Understood. Problem is she's not good at it. She's not compelling. She comes across as a lecturer but her patrons aren't teachable.

She's really, really bad at what she's doing.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:59 PM

52,212 posts, read 33,992,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
The cons say it does
Links pls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies