Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 12:18 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Since some of you guys keep trying to fall back on hypothetical excuses, I'll just leave you with this article.

A year without food › Dr Karl's Great Moments In Science (ABC Science)

Short summary of the study: A very overweight guy stopped eating food for a little over year and lost 276 lbs. He basically just lived on energy from his fat.

So yeah, just keep believing it's impossible to lose weight if it makes your situation easier to accept. But just ask yourself this. Where has playing the victim gotten you so far?
I like how your link conveniently leaves out that the report done by the doctor who monitored this man stated that 5 other patients DIED from the same "therapy".

https://www.yahoo.com/health/man-did...956502923.html

It's not impossible to lose weight but your suggestion in this post is insane and would likely cause someone to die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 12:28 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I like how your link conveniently leaves out that the report done by the doctor who monitored this man stated that 5 other patients DIED from the same "therapy".

https://www.yahoo.com/health/man-did...956502923.html

It's not impossible to lose weight but your suggestion in this post is insane and would likely cause someone to die.
Can you quote the "suggestion in this post" that I made?

Old 12-30-2015, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Can you quote the "suggestion in this post" that I made?
You pointed out a specific situation where someone didn't eat for a year in order to lose weight.

Why even post something that's not a realistic or safe option? Simply to say it's possible? It's possible to shoot yourself in the head and live as well but why on earth would you even post something that ridiculous?

Old 12-30-2015, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
You pointed out a specific situation where someone didn't eat for a year in order to lose weight.

Why even post something that's not a realistic or safe option? Simply to say it's possible? It's possible to shoot yourself in the head and live as well but why on earth would you even post something that ridiculous?
I'm not asking about the article that busts the "it can't be done" myth. I'm asking about the "suggestion" I made.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:14 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
I'm not asking about the article that busts the "it can't be done" myth. I'm asking about the "suggestion" I made.
first we are not saying that losing weight cant be done, what we ARE saying is that it is not as easy as you try to point out for some.

second the suggestion you made was that one option was to not eat for a year, that being done by pointing out that someone else had already done it.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
first we are not saying that losing weight cant be done, what we ARE saying is that it is not as easy as you try to point out for some.

second the suggestion you made was that one option was to not eat for a year, that being done by pointing out that someone else had already done it.
You too have failed to quote the part where I "suggested" someone else do that.

And I thought I wasn't "worth dealing with" anymore. So why are you still replying?

Old 12-30-2015, 07:15 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
There are tons of obese but otherwise healthy people
No. Obese people are NOT healthy. Period.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's for a person with disabilities and not necessarily physical. To call them out is wrong because you have no idea what the disability is.
If they have no physical disability why in the world do they need to park close to the store front?

Old 12-30-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
You too have failed to quote the part where I "suggested" someone else do that.

And I thought I wasn't "worth dealing with" anymore. So why are you still replying?
Why post something so ludicrous and dangerous as a way to prove one can lose weight? What was the point of posting that article?

You're sitting here claiming you didn't suggest it because you didn't say the word suggest. You don't have to flat out say "maybe you should try this" in order for the implications of suggestion to be there. If you can't understand the reasoning as to why your post was wrong and frankly borderline dangerous then I don't know what to tell you.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:21 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You thought wrong, dude.
Then why the need to park close if they have no physical impairment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies