Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 05:27 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and provide ancient evidence supporting core concepts about the cosmos – how it began, what it's made of and where it's going.

The findings released Thursday bolster a key theory called inflation, which says the universe burst from subatomic size to its now-observable expanse in a fraction of a second. The new observations from the European Space Agency's $900 million Planck space probe appear to reinforce some predictions made decades ago solely on the basis of mathematical concepts.

Universe's Age? Planck Space Probe Data Push Back Date Of Big Bang That Started It All

The more that the YEC deny science the more science evolves, expands and provides further proof of the origins of the universe. Amazing stuff!

Since God created everything in 6 days, how many science-days are there in a God-day?

I'd crunch the number myself, but I put in a long day today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 05:56 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I dunno, I guess we should go back to believing the earth is flat too huh?

Were you never taught that it isn't proper etiquette to answer a question with a question? I would be happy to address your question if you address mine first.

I suppose you did though......you don't know.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:39 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I dunno, I guess we should go back to believing the earth is flat too huh?

Well, the best scientific minds on earth told everyone the earth is flat. That's a good example of believing science that is not really science; it was speculation just like speculating on the age of the universe.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:48 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,445,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Well, the best scientific minds on earth told everyone the earth is flat. That's a good example of believing science that is not really science; it was speculation just like speculating on the age of the universe.
Consider the source.

The ancient Greeks, Romans, an Arabs knew the Earth was round, and even calculated the circumference of Earth with surprising accuracy and they even established trade with the "new world" more than a thousand years before Columbus got the idea.

Only Christians have ever made the ridiculous claim that the Earth was flat because they regressed after Rome fell and much of the ancient knowledge was lost.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:49 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,420 times
Quote:
Yes, and people used to think that crazy people were possessed by the devil. That's why there's science, because merely guessing (as in, "we think the earth is flat because we can SEE the end of it!", and "that person is talking to a cat so the devil is in his body!") is f'd up, and science continues to test, study, improve upon, and add to its body of knowledge.

As opposed to religious beliefs, which are static, a bunch of guessed-at nonsense, and are pure fairy tale bs.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:52 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If they were wrong before, why should I believe them now?
It wasn't as if "they" were lying to you. If you don't want to believe new scientific discoveries, you would have to also believe the earth revolves around the sun.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Got to keep the grant money rolling ...
The study is out of Paris, BTW.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Y

As opposed to religious beliefs, which are static, a bunch of guessed-at nonsense, and are pure fairy tale bs.

Kinda like guessing at the age of the universe or guessing what the earth's temperature will be in 100 years. It's a useless exercise and it's done by leeches on society.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
It takes more faith to believe that a "scientist" can determine what happened billions of years ago than any religion that I know of.

Faith in these silly conjectures is just that; silly.
Actually, it takes a high level of education and study of the sciences to "understand" the research of a "scientist" and only a lazy lack of cognitive reasoning to accept ideas that have no logic such as those in the bible.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
It wasn't as if "they" were lying to you. If you don't want to believe new scientific discoveries, you would have to also believe the earth revolves around the sun.
It's not a "scientific discovery". It's a guess. Pure speculation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies