Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 01:20 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's certainly a criticism of someone to say they're lazy. Maybe you should look up the defintion of "slur".
Slur - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
**Definition of SLUR
a : an insulting or disparaging remark or innuendo : aspersion
b : a shaming or degrading effect : stain, stigma
: a blurred spot in printed matter : smudge

Colin Powell, a Repubican, said he was very offended about attacks on Obama calling him "lazy" b/c that is a slur that many use against blacks.

Maybe you should read the links, which debunk whatever nonsense you read about someone getting paid $100K to walk a dog.

I wasn't harping about Bush. I was quoting from an article. You're not telling me anything I didn't already know about Bushie, and Obama was not my first choice for the Dem nomination. I hardly worship the guy. But I don't like people making crap up about him.
Whatever you want to say, I don't really care, it's not a slur to call someone lazy. Quit whining.

This is one source that has cited the $100k salary: http://libertyagainstpower.com/Obama.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 01:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Whatever you want to say, I don't really care, it's not a slur to call someone lazy. Quit whining.

This is one source that has cited the $100k salary: http://libertyagainstpower.com/Obama.pdf
Quit "whining"? What does that mean? Calling someone lazy is making a criticism, saying something negative, whatever you want to call it.

I didn't say anything about the salary, but if you think the US govt. is paying someone $100 grand to walk a dog twice a day and do nothing else, YOU need to wake up and smell the coffee, also quit whining about something that is NOT true.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:32 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That's because obama sold himself as different than any other president or human who ever walked the earth.

Lefties seem to ignore that fact.
Ignore? Nah!

We're well aware you righties make stuff up.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:32 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
Presumably you'd say that to every president back to Nixon?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
This applies to the president to the leader of the most powerful country in the world? LOLOLOLOLOLZ. People are funny.
Yes, he has a busy job to do, give the dog to someone who can have time to play and spend time with it.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
That they are spending way too much money at the White House. Times are hard and it's time Obama starts cutting back on his personal expenses too. No more Tiger Woods weekends on my dime.
When Bachmann introduces a bill to end farm subsidies I might start believing she's serious about cutting wasteful spending, until then I'll continue to consider her a typically hypocritical whiner who's full crap.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:37 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Bachman has taken her brain out for a walk.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:37 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Whatever you want to say, I don't really care, it's not a slur to call someone lazy.
Since it isn't a slur, according to you, I think you are lazy in your thinking processes.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:02 PM

26,496 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Is that what you said to the corn dog picture poster? I'll bet not. The liberal left in this country are the most hypocritical crude anti women group in the nation. The stuff they say about conservative women like Palin and Bachman are beyond the pale. But they think that's OK.

Amazing.
Yes. Why don't you read the thread before making assumptions about what I did and didn't write?

I called out the two liberals for their anti-women comments and then I called out the conservative for his anti-woman comment.

I also called out Bachmann for being full of it and Obama for being full of it. I then also called out an Obama supporter for refusing to admit that Obama does in fact lie, distort, break promises that he can fulfill, and etc...

[quote=burdell;28782218]
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
operating cost of the Obama White House is said to be $ 0.2B less than the Bush White House.

Uh, that's the claim one of the articles cited in the OP states
Uh, and that article is looking at the narrow expenditures of the president as I showed with my article. That article that claims Obama's WH spends less does not take into fact millions and millions of dollars of spending for all of the presidents nor could it know classified spending.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:03 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times
Walk his own dog? Seriously?

If he were to do so people would complain and moan about the extravagant, unnecessary expenses incurred all so he could walk a dog. Every time the President, any Pres, steps out of the WH all hands are on deck for security, including security outside of WH grounds even when the Pres remains in the 'yard'. Local police are often used, further adding to taxpayer expense.

While 'cute' when Presidents go for a run around DC or walk their dog or go pick up some fast food item or another, a lot of extra money is spent for them to do so.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Uh, and that article is looking at the narrow expenditures of the president as I showed with my article. That article that claims Obama's WH spends less does not take into fact millions and millions of dollars of spending for all of the presidents nor could it know classified spending.
1) The OP has Bachmann whining about the cost of staff walking Obama's dog which IS what the article refers to, the WH operating cost, NOT other expenses.

2) Your artcle offers no comparisons with other presidencies so it tells us what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies