Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 03:57 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
No but I can attest, seeing it as a manager for a place that had a good amount of employees that actually bitched and requested less hours as it would affect their benefits.

Worst part they were 18-25, not in college, no children. Just liked to party. Even sicker is there were others in school and had children that recieved less benefits or no benefits.

They just had a mentality of why wouldn't you take the money. Its like being at a fair and they gave out free food and you said no thank you then paid for the same food.
As a manager, you had a choice.
What benefits do people 18-25 receive?
Seriously...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 04:06 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
What? Why do you assume only healthy people get a check from taxpayers? This doesn't even make sense.
The OP probably believes people receiving SS benefits are healthy and able to work, like the elderly 62+ years of age who have paid Social Security taxes all of their lives.

Maybe the OP believes people, once reaching a certain age should be euthanized, 50 or 55 sounds like an appropriate age. We could cut down on our population too. Maybe the OP would like to see democratic voters euthanized first.

Glad to see he is so serious about this.

I was suspect that this was the GOP plan during the budget squabbles, now I'm almost positive they want to throw our grandmas over the cliff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1utpXxzwhw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGnE83A1Z4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrdeyMNZW88

Old 03-22-2013, 04:11 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Why don't you ask your welfare abusing relatives you mentioned up thread? You are in a unique position in that you actually know and are related to people who are gaming the system. I suggest you inquire directly with them to answer your question.
Or report them to the State.
That would be the action that shows integrity.
If you know someone committing a crime and do nothing about it, you're condoning their actions. Heck, they're participating in the fraud.
Always cracks me up about those who try to claim the "moral high ground" in some areas while behaving criminally in others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
First of all, they should not be having kids if they're broke/poor. The irony with this though is that all of the people who are against abortion AND against poor people period, is that they want to take away these people's sexual education in which they could learn about safe sex.
^^^
In a nutshell.
They create a problem and demonize it.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:12 AM

408 posts, read 607,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm serious.

How do you justify your existence if you only survive from waiting for a check from taxpayers?
What does a hedge funds manager making 7 figures contribute to society? F*ck all would be the correct answer.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:07 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
What does a hedge funds manager making 7 figures contribute to society? F*ck all would be the correct answer.
Tax dollars.

Jobs.

Creates wealth for others, while limiting risk for them.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
If the money is up for grabs, most people will take it.

Think corporate welfare and loopholes for the rich - same thing!
The very government that you and other lefties think will save us created the tax system as it exists today.

Sorry, but "loopholes" are just tax exemptions. Legal. Lawful. Created by government. Not the same thing as a healthy person waiting for a check at all.

The GM bailout, which obama loves to brag about, was "corporate welfare".

Old 03-22-2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
So in your opinion, anybody that earns enough money to pay their own way contributes to society? No matter what it is they do?
Yes.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What do you "contribute"?

My guess is not much. How do you live with yourself?
Very comfortably, thank you!

Tax dollars, property taxes (even though my children never used the public schools). 65% of my property tax is used for schools. How is that fair?

Old 03-22-2013, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
The OP probably believes people receiving SS benefits are healthy and able to work, like the elderly 62+ years of age who have paid Social Security taxes all of their lives.

Maybe the OP believes people, once reaching a certain age should be euthanized, 50 or 55 sounds like an appropriate age. We could cut down on our population too. Maybe the OP would like to see democratic voters euthanized first.

Glad to see he is so serious about this.

I was suspect that this was the GOP plan during the budget squabbles, now I'm almost positive they want to throw our grandmas over the cliff.

Ryan pushing lady off cliff (source:AgendaProject.com).wmv - YouTube

Granny Off the Cliff - YouTube

Granny Off the Cliff Part 2 - YouTube
Actually, if you never paid in, you should receive no benefit. Have a cousin that's a junkie.....never lifted a finger to help his kids financially. When he wound up in rehab, his kids were receiving $300 each monthly rom SSI.

There's one example of millions of similar stories.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
As a manager, you had a choice.
What benefits do people 18-25 receive?
Seriously...
You really do live in a dream world, don't you?

Many of today's young people take food stamps and other benefits.

They are the lowest form of scum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies