Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 10:15 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I see Kid is still delusional. Democrats want a combination of tax increases on the wealthy and spending cuts so that vital social services can be maintained while Republicans insist on only spending cuts and want medicare turned into a voucher program. Who is refusing to compromise again?
The Democrats. You, and everyone else so far, simply defines what the Democrats propose as "compromise". I mean just look at what you said. "Democrats propose X. So who is refusing to compromise again?" That's not compromise. Go look up compromise in a dictionary. If Republicans want to cut A, and Democrats want to cut B then there is no compromise. Is that too difficult for you to understand? A does not equal B. Compromise would be "okay give us half the tax increases we want and we'll give you half the cuts to A that you want." See how that works? This isn't partisan here. This is just basic level reasoning and understanding what words mean.
Quote:
From where I, and every reasonable person, stand it sure seems like the Republicans have spent five years filibustering everything and shouting no compromises. In fact, they even claim the word compromise is some how a dirty word.

Poor, Kid. It must be hard with reality constantly hitting you in the face.
The only thing constantly hitting me in the face is your frequent inspid responses with plenty of condescension but no actual facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 10:19 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
This thread give me a good chuckle!

The FORWARD crowd are pulling up 1-2 year old links against the GOP in their attempts to mask the disaster that is progressive rule.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:24 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
As I thought. You got nuthin'.
You're right, I've got nothing because there's nothing to be had. When you ask someone to explain how 1+1=3 they can't do it because 1 and 1 do not equal 3. So I tried to explain to you how government works. Next time, look up the term "checks & balances". But for now, you are gloriously victorious in your ignorance of the proper functioning of an opposition party. Congratulations.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:51 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
It's really not something to be proud of. When the people realize that they can vote themselves benefits and money, it only reflects the sharp downfall of a society. You think you are "winning" but what will you have won?
Ineptocracy:
(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers
Props to you!

Old 03-24-2013, 11:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Or America is estranged from the values that made her great in the first place.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:35 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Default The numbers prove it: The GOP is estranged from America

They're still convinced that "hate Obama" is a winning strategy.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:37 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Butt hew elction results do not prove it.I fact with Obama lossing midterm and last in house plus lokig a gains made in state house voting it seems some are changing.That is what happened to allow Reagan to win two terms easly.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Butt hew elction results do not prove it.I fact with Obama lossing midterm and last in house plus lokig a gains made in state house voting it seems some are changing.That is what happened to allow Reagan to win two terms easly.

huh?

Old 03-24-2013, 11:42 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
The numbers prove it: The Republican Party is estranged from America - The Washington Post.

'The Republican Party’s ratings now stand at a 20-year low, with just 33 percent of the public holding a favorable view of the party and 58 percent judging it unfavorably'

Keep obstructing, keep screaming about guns, all of it. When we re-take the House we'll send you thank-you cards (via union USPS employees!!!!!). LOL

What about the numbers that show the GOP actually controls a majority of state governorships and legislatures?

Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
What about the numbers that show the GOP actually controls a majority of state governorships and legislatures?

Those numbers will likely change next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies