Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 04:16 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
This conservative doesn't think anyone or entity should have a negative income tax. Corporate tax breaks for Exxon should disappear just as they should for solar panel makers.

Many of "the 47%" have a negative income tax already.

Good.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...lp-poor-2.html
Instead, Congress adopted the earned-income tax credit, essentially the same program except that only people who were employed received benefits. One of the few American welfare programs widely adopted in other countries, the earned-income tax credit has proved far more efficient than conventional programs, just as Mr. Friedman predicted.

If we insist on wrecking the financial system and handing money over to corrupt plutocrats, we are going to have lots of poor people. May as well deal with it in the most efficient and cost effective way possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 04:16 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Since so many people on here are against min wage increase to help the poor how about negative income tax?
How about this...how about we tax the snot out of the poor until their freaking eyeballs start bleeding and they flee the US and go be a burden somewhere else?

You are incredibly confused about my purpose here on this Earth....I am not here to subsidize the lives of people whose only goal in life is to suck down a 6-pack every night.

If you want to buy their beer and dope for them, go right ahead, be my guest. Why don't you move in with them? You could work and they could sit around all day partying with your money.

Negatively...

Mircea

Old 03-22-2013, 04:17 PM

23,844 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The only ones receiving negative taxes that I know of are huge corporations.
As usual, you're woefully uninformed.

Google "EITC."

Old 03-22-2013, 04:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Sometimes I think working is for suckers.
lol true. Since the government pays their way, I want my fair share. I want them to pay me too.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Golly the right has changed ...

My God has the right become a worthless (empty)lot of fools.
Yep but boy do the lefties have their hands out when it's feeding time.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Good question. Ask the wingnut landlorduousesses who have betrayed and back stabbed what this country was all about. They dance to the bankers music.
Really, Obama and Holder are dancing the dance you know. Holder just said that the banks are too big to jail. You should really check to see who Obama is looking out for.

Holder admits some banks ‘too big to jail’

Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The poor already have a negative income tax. They get back more than they pay in.
Some people won't be happy until there is a 100% tax on "other" people so they can get "free" stuff. You can't reason with people who view tax cuts for businesses (letting them keep more of their income) - who create jobs - as the same thing as giving money to people who do nothing but take from society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The only ones receiving negative taxes that I know of are huge corporations.
Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean that is how the world actually works. Sadly millions of people get more back in tax "refunds" than they paid into the system.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:27 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,822,410 times
I don't see how it would help the poor. It'd just keep adding up if they could never pay it. How could that help them?

Old 03-22-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
How about this...how about we tax the snot out of the poor until their freaking eyeballs start bleeding and they flee the US and go be a burden somewhere else?

You are incredibly confused about my purpose here on this Earth....I am not here to subsidize the lives of people whose only goal in life is to suck down a 6-pack every night.

If you want to buy their beer and dope for them, go right ahead, be my guest. Why don't you move in with them? You could work and they could sit around all day partying with your money.

Negatively...

Mircea

LOL, Thanks for the laugh. You could not have put it better! Every one should re-read this post because Mircea said how many of us feel. LOL.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Since so many people on here are against min wage increase to help the poor how about negative income tax?
Negative income tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The so-called poor already get very large checks from the IRS called EITC so in essence there is already a negative tax rate or free money for them. Very few people actually pay income taxes but those of us that do pay too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies