Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 10:13 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I bet I stick my hand in your wallet or purse and steal your money we would have a love fest right.

After robbing other people using the law do you really think people are going to love and respect you?
I would far rather pay taxes that support a few people scamming the system than live in a crime ridden country like the USA where social progress is a bad word for so many people. The USA has the worst social programmes in the western world and also has the highest number BY FAR of incarcerated people. Your horrible problems of gangs, violent crime and third world living conditions are in direct porportion to the lack of good social programmes and access to them. Your pathetic system guatantees multigenerational welfare cases. Our social welfare system is designed to get the client off the system and into a job. I'm quite sure the children of parents on assistence don't even know their parents are on the system. Our welfare system is called workfare and that is what it get you,work.

Your entire country is so stacked against the poor, it's little wonder so many just give up. BUT HEY, The USA is detirmined to become another Mexico. Just keep up the good work and you will get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Ellemint - you really need to talk to some accountants about Earned Income Credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Not necessarily. Poor people pay a higher percentage of their income in pay roll, state, and local taxes than do wealthier people.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:48 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
It's all a percentage.

Anyway, this is about federal income tax, not all the other stuff.
"all the other stuff" being those taxes the rightwing is always trying to pretend don't exist?

Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I would far rather pay taxes that support a few people scamming the system than live in a crime ridden country like the USA
Ok, so you are saying pay them or they will rob us Lets send them up to Canada lucknow says he won't mind paying.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:05 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The poor already have a negative income tax. They get back more than they pay in.

??? scratching head

Childless minimum wage workers do not get back more they pay in.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
It's all a percentage.

Anyway, this is about federal income tax, not all the other stuff.

The feds already impose steep taxes on low-wage legal workers by failing to enforce our borders. These taxes are paid in the form of depressed wages, inflated rents, and reduced opportunity.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The poor need to put some effort into helping themselves. How about they get an education so they get a better paying job so don't have to depend on minimum wage.

I'd love to get an education, where do I sign up?

Old 03-23-2013, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Ellemint - you really need to talk to some accountants about Earned Income Credit.

Childless adults rarely qualify for EIC, and cannot qualify by working full time at minimum wage.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:31 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I would far rather pay taxes that support a few people scamming the system than live in a crime ridden country like the USA where social progress is a bad word for so many people. The USA has the worst social programmes in the western world and also has the highest number BY FAR of incarcerated people. Your horrible problems of gangs, violent crime and third world living conditions are in direct porportion to the lack of good social programmes and access to them. Your pathetic system guatantees multigenerational welfare cases. Our social welfare system is designed to get the client off the system and into a job. I'm quite sure the children of parents on assistence don't even know their parents are on the system. Our welfare system is called workfare and that is what it get you,work.

Your entire country is so stacked against the poor, it's little wonder so many just give up. BUT HEY, The USA is detirmined to become another Mexico. Just keep up the good work and you will get there.
First you say the welfare system guarantees a multigenerational welfare class and then you say the system is stacked against the poor. How is letting people exist on welfare permanently stacked against them?

Old 03-23-2013, 02:26 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Right and why should businesses owners give themselves raises when they have not earned it. The right wing dummies have no problem with that but whine and complain anytime the poor want or get anything.
How can a business owner have possibly not earned a raise? That doesn't even make sense. By virtue of owning the business they have by definition earned every cent of profit the business makes. If the business makes $1 then the owner earned $1. If the business makes $1 billion, then the owner has earned $1 billion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies