Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 07:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,000,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That's great. Let's do nothing and wait for the next Newtown. Way to go USA!
Do nothing?

We've done more than enough to prevent these things from happening, you've done nothing but make them easier to pull off. Maybe it's time for you to do something, frankly we've done enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Intervening in what? So far as I know, there have been no new gun control laws enacted since Newtown.
What about after the next school shooting? Will you want more gun control laws? Of course you will. Then after the next shooting? You'll want more gun laws right?

Do you see the problem here?

Old 03-24-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
The number of people buying guns isn't on the rise, those with guns already are buying more of them.
Wrong, the number of first time gun buyers (based on FBI background checks being done via FFLs) are through the roof.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:50 PM

45,096 posts, read 60,184,690 times
Quote:
Intervening in what? So far as I know, there have been no new gun control laws enacted since Newtown.
Colorado
New York
Maryland this week.

Do you know someone named BigBlue on a forum based in Southern Maryland? It's uncanny how his and your postings and responses are exactly alike. It's almost like you're the same person. Or reading from a script.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,767,820 times
Quote:
That's great. Let's do nothing and wait for the next Newtown. Way to go USA!
What laws were they trying to pass that would stop a crazy person from going out and shot people?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:02 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,531,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That's exactly how Democrats are treating Newtown and now you guys are upset that you weren't able to use it to your advantage. Before those children were buried the liberal morons were pushing for the elimination of our constitutional rights and it's backfired on you.
Our constitutional right to semi-automatic weapons?

Cripes, even Justice Scalia doesn't agree with any of you.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:04 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,464,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It looks like the gun grabbers have let a perfectly good tragedy go to waste. How sad for them.....

Polls Show Plunging Public Support for New Gun Laws, Some Anti-gun Politicians Can
It never had support, which is why they never pushed it too hard. The only measure which had support was the universal background checks.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post

I've seen proposed legislation from Democrats around the country that range from universal background checks (which I actually support) all the way up to universal confiscation of firearms.

A semi-automatic handgun is by far the most popular and most effective means of in home self defense. There's a reason why police officers have universally switched from old school revolvers to semi-auto handguns except for a few old school hold out officers. The majority of privately owned handguns in this country are semi-auto. They're safe, easy to use and quite popular.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:29 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,034,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Wrong, the number of first time gun buyers (based on FBI background checks being done via FFLs) are through the roof.
Link?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:34 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,485,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post

A guy in a robe, doesn't grant me my rights to protect myself from all enemies wanting to harm me or my family, both foreign and domestic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies