Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 02:18 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times

Advertisements

[MOD CUT]
@Harrier:

If you are looking for some answers to what may be a personal "dilemma" or some deep curiosity that needs to be satisfied, then go to a gay bar and get some answers.

It's very simple if you take the time to think about it. Gay men and lesbians go to gay bars for the same reasons that straight men and women go to straight bars. To dance (better music in gay bars), to meet friends, to hang out, to have a good time, maybe hook up with someone for the night, maybe meet someone for a long term relationship. Gay men and lesbians have the same exact needs/wants as hetrosexuals, except they want it with someone of the same gender. Bi-sexuals have the advantage.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-26-2013 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post and reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 07:43 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
[MOD CUT]
@Harrier:

If you are looking for some answers to what may be a personal "dilemma" or some deep curiosity that needs to be satisfied, then go to a gay bar and get some answers.

It's very simple if you take the time to think about it. Gay men and lesbians go to gay bars for the same reasons that straight men and women go to straight bars. To dance (better music in gay bars), to meet friends, to hang out, to have a good time, maybe hook up with someone for the night, maybe meet someone for a long term relationship. Gay men and lesbians have the same exact needs/wants as hetrosexuals, except they want it with someone of the same gender. Bi-sexuals have the advantage.
I don't go to gay bars and I'm straight, but my massage therapist is a gay wiccan guy, does that count?

Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Must be a slow news week if Harrier is wondering if he can hit up the gay bars. I say go for it, you might see something you like.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:19 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Of course straight people are allowed in gay clubs...if you don't mind getting hit on & your junk grabbed without warning.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:44 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times
Of course no one cares. I've gone to the gay bars in Chicago with maybe a dozen straight friends over the years....probably more actually. There's always a curiosity factor at first, but overall everyone has a really good time. It's not like people go to gay bars and sit around talking about being gay or doing "gay" things. They listen to music, dance, chat and have fun. Gay bars with my straight friends turn out just the same as when we go to straight bars, although normally it's a little more rowdy and a crazy good time. As for women, they go to the gay bars en mass. I have no idea how many women I've been to a gay bar with, but they normally LOVE it becaus they can let their hair down, get crazy and have a fun time without having to deal with any idiot guys trying to hit on them or ruining their night by somehow assuming that just cause a girl is drunk in a bar she magically wants guys to come over and be all creepy.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
your junk grabbed without warning.
Gosh, that's never happened to me, and I've been going to gay bars for 25 years. Maybe I've just been going to the wrong ones.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:29 PM

491 posts, read 373,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
What's the point of going to any bar?
To not be drunk, but not be sober either.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:43 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Gosh, that's never happened to me, and I've been going to gay bars for 25 years. Maybe I've just been going to the wrong ones.
Many not?

Steve miller Band - Abracadabra - YouTube

Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times
A gay bar can actually be a great place for a straight guy to meet interesting women.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Meh, I don't know about that.
I have a gay friend in Racine, and if we go to a LGBT nightclub together, neither of us get hit upon. I would suppose if a person becomes a regular and frequents a nightclub and if conversations begin with the bar tender, bartenders are pretty good gatherers of 411, and sometimes the 411 is passed onto other patrons. Once people find out your status, like if you're gay, str8, single, married, or whatever, getting hit on might happen.

I went to a halloween party at a LGBT club and I got a pinch on my bottom, I turned around and received a smile. It's all harmless fun, IMO.
Well maybe it's fairly random, but one time I went my friend was propositioned for sex. I wasn't really hit on myself, though. It just seems it'd probably be easier to get sex with another male in a gay bar than with a female in another other place. I've found this true in my life as a whole (been hit on a few times by men maybe only once or twice by a woman). I've not bad looking or anything, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies