Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 01:05 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times

Advertisements

I live by the mantra:

Taze the stupid.

Occupy qualifies.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
While I am opposed to police brutality and law enforcement in general, I have little sympathy for OWS.

They were tresspassers and whiners.

They earned whatever they experienced.

Be a liberal and get hit with a billy club.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:08 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
While I am opposed to police brutality and law enforcement in general, I have little sympathy for OWS.

and ca poopers. dont forget the carpooping.

OWS = Carpooping.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:10 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Your a liar plain and simple.

There were millions of protesters.

This country would've been burning if the protesters acted as you say. I suggest you inform yourself.
Right i checked out the one in Minneapolis, people were more concerned about being violent to police than anything. one guy threw a bottle at a cop and ran. it seemed like most of them didn't even know why they were protesting. they were just hanging out, smoking, and listening to music.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:12 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,553 times
Quote:
I'm starting this thread to bring awareness to an issue that has been swept under the rug as of late. Police brutality and corruption. During the protest, hundreds of Americans were beaten, harassed, and falsely charged by our police departments.

There were hundreds of incidents caught on tape that never were investigated. Whether you support the protest or not, the issue of police brutality in this country is one that needs to be addressed.

Intimidation and violence are not ways to combat peaceful protest.

Opinions?
These people were protesting because they want a bigger stronger government and more regulation of private individuals.

What do they expect when government gets more centralized and powerful? The government to be just and honorable? lols.

The quickest and easiest way to end police brutallity is to let the private sector handle law enforcement, as private companies generally don't beat up their customers.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:47 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I live by the mantra:

Taze the stupid.

Occupy qualifies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and ca poopers. dont forget the carpooping.

OWS = Carpooping.
All cops are killers using your logic.

All cops kill mentally ill people. All cops beat old women. All cops sell drugs. All cops rape women.

Could go on and on if your still lost.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
These people were protesting because they want a bigger stronger government and more regulation of private individuals.

What do they expect when government gets more centralized and powerful? The government to be just and honorable? lols.

The quickest and easiest way to end police brutallity is to let the private sector handle law enforcement, as private companies generally don't beat up their customers.
Bigger Stronger goverment? That's a word that doesn't even have meaning anymore IMO.

Things like better income distribution? Better regulation of Wall Street? Lending policy in favor of the public?

Please elaborate.

But regadless, do you suppose everyone gets beat who you don't agree with?

Old 04-11-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Right i checked out the one in Minneapolis, people were more concerned about being violent to police than anything. one guy threw a bottle at a cop and ran. it seemed like most of them didn't even know why they were protesting. they were just hanging out, smoking, and listening to music.
Well if you wanna debate with me I'd do it gladly. And there's nothing wrong with smoking, hanging out, or listening to music.

If you wanna debate the issues, fine. But don't try to paint a movement of Millions with your encounter with probably a handful of people. There were many supporters who didn't even hit the streets.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Be a liberal and get hit with a billy club.
Can't take you seriously if your still believing the "Liberal/Conservative" BS.

If you want to paint with a broad brush, there's a much bigger pile of sh*t attached to Republicans and "Conservatives" whatever that means.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:01 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
And the other instances?

Is brutality justified in ALL of the other videos since you pointed out 1 example.
They weren't brutal enough...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies