Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 08:16 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,123,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
I made my arguments lefty.

Tough guys? You want a Kleenex? You libs are cowards and crybaby's when you have someone give you a dose of your own medicine. Right 'tough guy'?
What's your argument again? Could you give me a post reference. Synopsis. Something, anything.

I'm sitting here sipping my Ol' Glory enjoying not having to run all over the place for a change. I have 1 order before 10:30 to prepare. Your not under my skin at all. In fact, everybody here at work is laughing at you.

What's your argument? Why was the police brutality justified. I'll wait.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The guy I'm referencing was active in Occupy DC.

The FEDS ans local governments hit you guys hard because you hit a nerve. You brought up issues that would bring an and to their money grab. You'd be surprised what money can buy in this country.

You can't keep things hidden in today's society. Some may still be fooled, but some will recognize that there may have been deeper motives in suppressing the movement.
There were 2 camps in D.C. one at McPherson Pk. over on K Street and the other at Freedom Plaza where I spent my time.
The K Street camp had more of a high energy younger group.
The Occupy movement is still alive in D.C. they just moved inside.
I still see those that were the actual campers at various protests and events.
Many of us that live in the D.C. Metro area were I guess you could call day campers, we would come down to the Occupy Camps when we had free time or worked behind the scenes supporting the camps gathering funds for food etc., many of us belonged to long time established groups before Occupy came about.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:24 AM

977 posts, read 763,366 times
Quote:
What's your argument again? Could you give me a post reference. Synopsis. Something, anything.

I'm sitting here sipping my Ol' Glory enjoying not having to run all over the place for a change. I have 1 order before 10:30 to prepare. Your not under my skin at all. In fact, everybody here at work is laughing at you.

What's your argument? Why was the police brutality justified. I'll wait.
Reread my arguments instead of running from them. You obviously disagree with them but they are arguments nonetheless.

Your claim of police brutality is only that. A claim.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:41 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,168 times
It just gets old after awhile with people bad mouthing, telling half truths or just outright lying about Occupy or other activist groups.
Usually if there were any disturbances in or around Occupy camps it was caused by homeless people that might have drinking or other mental disorders they were attracted to the camps because nobody was refused when people lined up in the food lines etc.

Activists go the extra mile to get involved while most people don't.
They have a strong sense of empathy for their fellow man and planet, they follow the dictates of their conscience because it is the right thing to do.
It is a shame that people try to distort their image, the person sitting next to you in church on Sunday may be an activist or the person in the next cubical at work could be an activist..

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" Howard Zinn

My own plans for the next several days include a protest sponsored by Green Peace this Saturday at the Capital to save the Artic

https://www.facebook.com/events/146177328889838/

On Monday I will be at the EPA to save the bees.

Organic Consumers Association

The beauty of pollination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHkq...layer_embedded

Last edited by ted08721; 04-17-2013 at 10:54 AM..

Old 04-17-2013, 03:20 PM

Butkus doesn't work yet everyone at Occupy is lazy and wants a handout. I think the attitude towards Occupy has more to do with the intelligence level of the average American rather than what is just or morally right. It's pretty evident in this thread.

I think its a pretty big honor to know that the government and media had to pull out all stops to quell the Movement. It's definitely the largest Movement in this country in probably the last 30 years.

Big thumbs up for your contributions to the country and your community. There is a lot of support, especially amongst the younger generation. Only a matter of time IMO before somebody blows the lid off.

I don't disclose details of what we're planning but its kind of a for profit business for the people. No investors. Privately held. And the profits will go toward community building. I'll make sure to PM you closer to launch and see if I can help any of the causes you support.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 PM

Pretty non-biased article about violence and police brutality during the protests. Both sides were to blame according to reports. However, officers were not charged in a majority of the incidents recorded.

DHS Emails Question Federal Law Enforcement's Role in Violence at Occupy Wall Street and Oakland Rallies

Old 04-19-2013, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
It just gets old after awhile with people bad mouthing, telling half truths or just outright lying about Occupy or other activist groups.
Oh that's right. They don't bust things up and hit or rape people. They're friggin law abiding angels.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Butkus doesn't work yet everyone at Occupy is lazy and wants a handout. .
Yes! Butkus does not have to work and OWS is a crew of pathetic waste that wants things without earning them. Now you got it! Now get a job and tell your cretin OWS buddies to do likewise.

Last edited by butkus51; 04-19-2013 at 05:09 AM..

Old 04-19-2013, 05:13 AM

Related to the issue of Police Brutality in this country...

National Police Brutality Statistics

In a year's time, from 4/09-6/10, there were nearly 6,000 instances of brutality, 382 fatalities linked to police misconduct, and nearly $350 MILLION was spent on settlements.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Related to the issue of Police Brutality in this country...

National Police Brutality Statistics

In a year's time, from 4/09-6/10, there were nearly 6,000 instances of brutality, 382 fatalities linked to police misconduct, and nearly $350 MILLION was spent on settlements.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...45373924,d.aWc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies