Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News for the most part "Fair and balanced"
Fair and balanced news spoken like it is 14 32.56%
Right of center 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 10:09 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, I have to wonder about people who watch these "news" stations all day, getting their panties all in a wad. These stations have one objective, and that objective is not to report news. It's to turn a profit and get people to keep coming back to the trough. If they don't create false outrage, then people won't keep coming back.
Your of course are correct. I do flip on the stations once in a while but man they are all just nuts. I do like the FOX girls they have nice legs. LOL. I mean that is about it though. They don't put out news they put out BS all of em. I'm watching the grand leader right now who looks like he doesn't even care about anything...........he doesn't care just wants his free vacation time. He is not a leader but a clown. Man can't even function without his talking points.........

Just sad is all it is.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:22 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,978,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I know, surprise surprise. After Crowder claimed he was attacked by a "union thug" during a protest the DA was provided the full unedited tapes (not provided by Crowder) and made a statement the union member was acting in self defense, and no charges could be filed in the case. No wonder Crowder refused to press charges or even provide the tapes himself.

Fox Fail: 'Union Thug' Attack Faked with Editing - YouTube

With Fox it's lie, after lie, after lie. Yet many conservatives lap up these lies like a dog lapping up antifreeze.
http://www.factcheck.org

If you look on factcheck at Fox news compared to MSNBC on the amount of "lies" or stretches, I'd would say it's about 50/50. The fact that any opinionated television show is given complete freedom to pass off their agendas as "news", and as long as the consumer public continues to support such filth, they will do/say/act as they want to. Stop buying the stuff advertised on Fox News if you don't like what they are saying.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
http://www.factcheck.org

If you look on factcheck at Fox news compared to MSNBC on the amount of "lies" or stretches, I'd would say it's about 50/50. The fact that any opinionated television show is given complete freedom to pass off their agendas as "news", and as long as the consumer public continues to support such filth, they will do/say/act as they want to. Stop buying the stuff advertised on Fox News if you don't like what they are saying.
What are they advertising? I don't know. It appears you do.............so you can squeal about it.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:58 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Liberals just don't like Fox because it points out things about the administration and the President that they don't want highlighted. Just like liberals don't like conservatives because their viewpoints are different, and just as Obama appears to have his cronies go after people and organizations who hold views opposed to his.

In this land of free speech, they'd like to restrict it to what *they* approve of.

Last night, I heard the best monologue Hannity has ever made on the state of affairs.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:13 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,745,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I know, surprise surprise. After Crowder claimed he was attacked by a "union thug" during a protest the DA was provided the full unedited tapes (not provided by Crowder) and made a statement the union member was acting in self defense, and no charges could be filed in the case. No wonder Crowder refused to press charges or even provide the tapes himself.

Fox Fail: 'Union Thug' Attack Faked with Editing - YouTube

With Fox it's lie, after lie, after lie. Yet many conservatives lap up these lies like a dog lapping up antifreeze.
is this any different than liberal media outlets jumping on the "rich white man leaves no tip and racial slur on receipt" stories?

Old 07-19-2014, 08:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
is this any different than liberal media outlets jumping on the "rich white man leaves no tip and racial slur on receipt" stories?
Nope, whatever fits into "their" view of the U.S. is the truth.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Nope, whatever fits into "their" view of the U.S. is the truth.
and all those stories turn out to be lies. how about the fictional story of the KFC that asked a girl to leave because her face was deformed by a dog attack. everyone is jumping on the anti-fast food bandwagon. I jumped on that long ago, but for my own reasons.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
and all those stories turn out to be lies. how about the fictional story of the KFC that asked a girl to leave because her face was deformed by a dog attack. everyone is jumping on the anti-fast food bandwagon. I jumped on that long ago, but for my own reasons.
Back in the day I'd eat two big mac's and love it. Can't stand em now. Yes your own reasons. We don't need big bro telling us.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Back in the day I'd eat two big mac's and love it. Can't stand em now. Yes your own reasons. We don't need big bro telling us.
I actually enjoy going directly to farms to get my food. interacting with the farmers, and knowing where my food comes from. I also find that you get better deals cutting out the middle man, and it's a more pleasant experience overall.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:18 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hey anybody ever told you there is a clicker to turn the channel..........or turn off that evil TV? LOL
I automatically turn to Fox News when something serious is going on. It's a bit like turning on a channel called, The Onion. Pure bs. Some of the actors that work as anchors there must have to take one hell of a serious shower when they get home from the station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies