Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News for the most part "Fair and balanced"
Fair and balanced news spoken like it is 14 32.56%
Right of center 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:41 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I don't see what your issue is here bob. Given the fact that CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, ABC are all little more than talking heads for the democrat party. There isn't a news organization out there that can be trusted. Where and how is this news?
The left thought this news channel would give them such balance........http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...rrent-tv/?_r=0

Mr. Gore and his partners were eager to complete the deal by Dec. 31, lest it be subject to higher tax rates that took effect on Jan. 1, according to several people who insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. But the deal was not signed until Wednesday.

Such a good American taxpayer that Mr. Gore!

Old 01-12-2014, 07:51 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Speaking of knuckleheads, they have Issa too... His 2014 agenda is to investigate Benghazi, IRS, F&F ... Oh "Horror" of it all, Such a "Rocky" mess he imagines, I say, "lets do the time-warp again"...
Are you saying these things don't matter? The corruption from our government framing others to look like Americans have a gun addiction, is of no issue to you? Flooding America with drugs and drug cartel then saying Americans need to address their drug problems is of no concern?

He told the crowd, “We understand that the root cause of violence that’s been happening here in Mexico for which so many Mexicans have suffered is the demand for illegal drugs in the United States.” He later added, “We also recognize that most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States.”

- See more at: Obama: Americans 'Are Root Cause of Violence That's Been Happening Here in Mexico' | CNS News

Old 01-12-2014, 07:57 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are you saying these things don't matter? The corruption from our government framing others to look like Americans have a gun addiction, is of no issue to you? Flooding America with drugs and drug cartel then saying Americans need to address their drug problems is of no concern?

He told the crowd, “We understand that the root cause of violence that’s been happening here in Mexico for which so many Mexicans have suffered is the demand for illegal drugs in the United States.” He later added, “We also recognize that most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States.”

- See more at: Obama: Americans 'Are Root Cause of Violence That's Been Happening Here in Mexico' | CNS News
Any "scandal" relating to those issues have been asked and answered. The results were, no scandal there. Problems, sure, but they have and are being addressed.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:07 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
...or maybe the cable outhouse? ..

CNN

FOX = GOPtv.

Always has been, always will be, especially since corporate interests have taken control of the Republican Party.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:11 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
FOX = GOPtv.

Always has been, always will be, especially since corporate interests have taken control of the Republican Party.
Well, MSNBC is pretty clearly Dem supporting, just that they don't lie as much. They actually try to support assertions with some fact.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
FOX = GOPtv.

I agree and it's certainly obvious if you watch/listen to Fox at all. My elderly father keeps it in 24/7. I have to wonder, though, if all the Fox employees didn't vote for Obama because I don't know WHAT they would talk about all day if he wasn't President.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:12 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
...or maybe the cable outhouse? ..

CNN
Why is anyone worried about which Party Fox supports, when the entire so-called "Mainstream" Media are in the pocket of Democrats, and George Soros funds many of these Leftist outlets?

Virtually all of the other networks are Democrat controlled.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:17 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Well, MSNBC is pretty clearly Dem supporting, just that they don't lie as much. They actually try to support assertions with some fact.
The huge difference is they are critical of the Democratic Party. That they spend more time attacking Republicans is simply a result of placing blame where blame belongs. But they don't use misinformation and lies to demonize the other side, they don't have to. The GOP provides ample opportunity with its daily freak show of Teabaggers, Birfers, and other assorted fruits and nuts constantly pandering to their low information, FOX News watching voting base.

The only time FOX goes after one of its own is when they either try and act sane, or try and act bipartisan. The far bigger picture to FOX is to keep the country divided and fighting amongst ourselves while corporate interests loot the U.S. Treasury.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:15 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Zucker is a whining little ***** because his nitwitwork is getting its ASS handed to it by Ailes. LOL

Old 01-12-2014, 10:19 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I was on holiday, not sitting watching the telly all the time. But, when it was turned on, generally when we were getting ready to go out, it was always Obamacare being discussed. Well, I say discussed, the commentators were making fun of it, and literally laughing about it. That's not the sort of news coverage I am used to.
My point is don't judge ALL the coverage by a very little sampling.

I am watching it right now and there is a panel with Democrat and Republican Congressmen giving their opinions.

I see MORE diversity of opinion on FOX then I ever do on the other channels.

And YES, I agree that FOX leans to the right which counters ALL the other channels that leans to the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies