Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News for the most part "Fair and balanced"
Fair and balanced news spoken like it is 14 32.56%
Right of center 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 12:26 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Sean Hannity is getting bombed by Rachel Maddow.
TRANSLATION: "Getting bombed": I agree with Maddow, not with Hannity. So that means Maddow must be winning, even though Hannity has three times as many viewers and his ratings are increasing while Maddow's can't get any lower.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:28 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Megyn Kelly is just about the only person on Fox News that is not an obvious shill for the Republican Party. I think she at least trys to be a true journalist while the rest of the Fox employees long ago gave up any pretense that they are anything other than members of the GOP propaganda division.
fail

Old 09-18-2013, 12:30 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I have to agree with this. I wish some other network would snatch her up though!

And she has had her show for as long as I can remember! So she must be doing well.

Well ~ there IS Morning Joe. At least give them that.

Wow! I'm a liberal and I can't even stand her show so if she is beating Hannity . . . I can see why there is a shake-up.
she's not beating anybody......not even close.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:41 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
You can legitimately criticize Fox for being biased but they at least come across as professional and do it for ratings and revenue.
I don't think they come across as professional, I think they come across as clueless bumblers mindless repeating talking points without even understanding them well enough to grasp how wrong they are. Professionals behave like Rachel Maddow, they don't scream at their interviewees and tell the engineers to cut their mikes.

And if they're doing it for ratings and revenue, that's a bad thing. If they could make more money by being the Republican propaganda arm than by reporting real news, they would. And, they do.

Quote:
MSNBC is far worse and they obviously care nothing about ratings or attracting viewers or even being professional. They're horrible. And Fox at least makes an effort to be balanced and to have debates, again, they want viewers.
MSNBC is nothing but shills and gargoyles.
Fox News is the propaganda arm of the Republican party, nothing more. It's silly to pretend otherwise. I wonder who people who claim otherwise think they're fooling. How can someone say one can legitimately criticize Fox Republican News as biased but then turn around and say, in the same breath, that they make the effort to be balanced. What do you mean "make the effort"? It's not like it's difficult, it's not like right wing garbage makes it on the air by some sort of accident. What is it about the Fox staffers that they continually try to be balanced but fail? Do they book guests anonymously then act all surprised when it turns out to be Ann Coulter or Ted Nugent again?

Old 09-18-2013, 01:26 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
August ratings - Cable News Ratings for Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

How does having nearly 3 times the viewers translate into getting "bombed" by someone?
Isn't it amazing the claims some people make?

Hannity's ratings are far higher than Rachael's. But don't expect that person you replied to having an "answer."

Old 09-18-2013, 01:28 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I don't think they come across as professional, I think they come across as clueless bumblers mindless repeating talking points without even understanding them well enough to grasp how wrong they are. Professionals behave like Rachel Maddow, they don't scream at their interviewees and tell the engineers to cut their mikes.

And if they're doing it for ratings and revenue, that's a bad thing. If they could make more money by being the Republican propaganda arm than by reporting real news, they would. And, they do.

Fox News is the propaganda arm of the Republican party, nothing more. It's silly to pretend otherwise. I wonder who people who claim otherwise think they're fooling. How can someone say one can legitimately criticize Fox Republican News as biased but then turn around and say, in the same breath, that they make the effort to be balanced. What do you mean "make the effort"? It's not like it's difficult, it's not like right wing garbage makes it on the air by some sort of accident. What is it about the Fox staffers that they continually try to be balanced but fail? Do they book guests anonymously then act all surprised when it turns out to be Ann Coulter or Ted Nugent again?
It's been proven that MSNBC is more biased than Fox. No question in my mind that Fox is biased, but if you believe that it is worse than MSNBC, then it shows that you are biased against Fox (and reality).

Old 09-18-2013, 01:33 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Fox News is the propaganda arm of the Republican party, nothing more

If that is true, why are there so many Democrats/liberals on that station?

Quote:
It's silly to pretend otherwise. I wonder who people who claim otherwise think they're fooling. How can someone say one can legitimately criticize Fox Republican News as biased but then turn around and say, in the same breath, that they make the effort to be balanced. What do you mean "make the effort"? It's not like it's difficult, it's not like right wing garbage makes it on the air by some sort of accident. What is it about the Fox staffers that they continually try to be balanced but fail? Do they book guests anonymously then act all surprised when it turns out to be Ann Coulter or Ted Nugent again?
This is "how" and "why."

Old 09-18-2013, 01:40 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

If that is true, why are there so many Democrats/liberals on that station?

This is "how" and "why."

Be careful Fleet! When you provide proof, the people who are wrong will typically resort to calling you a bigot or a racist, rather than admit their error and apologize.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:42 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Sean Hannity is getting bombed by Rachel Maddow. If you can't beat your competition, the boss will bring in somebody who can. That's show business.
huh????

rachael madcow has the lowest ratings in years...meanwhile hannity is ruling the ratings

most current...august
Quote:
MSNBC’s ratings tumble continued with a poor August showing, with some programs seeing nearly a 50-percent drop in viewership from a year ago..

Among the lowlights were the worst showings yet by its leading program The Rachel Maddow Show, with 43 percent and 47 percent drops in total viewers and the 25-54 demographic, respectively, and 40- and 42-percent drops in the same areas for The Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell.

In primetime, “The Rachel Maddow Show” posted all-time low ratings in total and demo viewers, down -43% and -47%, respectively. “The Last Word” posted a low in total viewers, losing -40% of its total viewer audience and -42% of its demo audience. at 8 PM, “All In” was down -48% and -42% in total and demo viewers, respectively, placing behind CNN for the hour.

back in May;
Quote:
HLN's wall-to-wall coverage of the Jodi Arias trial has had substantial ratings legs. Surging around the time of the May 8 verdict, the network notched an extremely rare monthly victory: It topped MSNBC in total day and primetime. And with CNN posting its second consecutive month as a distant primetime runner-up to Fox News Channel, MSNBC is in a very precarious fourth place.
Averaging 539,000 viewers in primetime and 175,000 viewers in the adults 25-54 demographic, MSNBC suffered double-digit drops from last May -- down a respective 20 and 19 percent. Losses were less substantial in total day, down 10 percent to an average 346,000 viewers and down 7 percent to 115,000 adults 25-54, while all other nets pulled growth in multiple categories.
The soft start for All In With Chris Hayes has not helped. Hayes, down 32 percent in total viewers from The Ed Show last May, has offered a poor lead-in for MSNBC's primetime flagship, The Rachel Maddow Show, at 9 p.m. The show delivered its lowest-rated month since it debuted in September 2008 (717,000 total viewers) and its second lowest with adults 25-54 (210,000). Maddow was topped by typical time slot victor Sean Hannity and CNN's Piers Morgan.

Last edited by workingclasshero; 09-18-2013 at 01:59 PM..

Old 09-18-2013, 01:47 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
I dont think throwing Bob Beckle or Juan Hernandez in a shark tank of 4 conservatives as fair and balanced. If it were fair and balanced there would be equal number of debaters and equal time. And putting Colmers on Oreilly with his sis in law to be attacked a couple times a week isnt either. Fox news is not fair and balanced. I do like their news though because they deal with issues the MSM tries to sweep under the carpet as they protect the president
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies