Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 12:13 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
gay "marriage" supporters support Tyranny of a evil minority on the majority.

I'm sure 90% of all gay "marriage" supporters would have supported Lenin.
What an angry person you are. Gay people are "to stupid" (), "evil," and apparently are all a bunch of Lenin-loving communists. Got any other completely baseless attacks you'd like to put out there?

Old 03-25-2013, 12:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Naturally! Don't you know that homosexuality is an evil communist plot?

Old 03-25-2013, 12:17 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
YES. Many gay people are not for gay people marrying. I know that is hard to believe but it is true.

I hope they do hear from those gay people.
Yes, unfortunately, that's true. We, in the gay community have a name for gays who think that way. It's called "internalized homophobia".

As a conservative, I wish these "marches for marriage" would focus on the REAL problems faced by the decline of marriage in our culture. We have a 41% out of wedlock birth rate and a very high divorce rate in this country, which is very unhealthy for children and single parents alike. Even the liberal media and left leaning think tanks are now conceding some or all of the points made by conservatives on these issues....Yet what does the far right do? Instead of cooperating with sensible folks on the left (and I concede many on the left are not) about looking for ways to cut down the divorce rate, reduce the out of wedlock birth rate, etc., they make a big hullabaloo about gay marriage .

20 years later, it turns out Dan Quayle was right about Murphy Brown and unmarried moms - Washington Post

Old 03-25-2013, 12:20 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Hahaha......

Great thread! Thanks for starting it, Janelle!

And do you want to know why I think it's a great thread? Because I noticed pretty quickly while reading through it that there were a lot of people who support marriage equality posting in it - and just a few anti-equality.

So, I was curious and did a quick count - only SIX bigots have so far posted in this thread, compared to TWENTY-ONE (counting myself) who support marriage equality. I didn't count total posts, just the number of responders.

And do you know why I think that's so great? It's because it's indicative of the mood of the country and the recent polling that shows 58% of people in this country now support marriage equality.

So, go ahead and have your silly ass marches.......in the end, they are just a waste of time and energy. Time and energy that could be better spent elsewhere - like trying to end world hunger or something. In fact, you will probably have better luck ending world hunger than you will stopping marriage equality.

Get over it. lol

I want to thank all the supporters that have responded to this thread with humor and creativity; I definitely got some smiles out of it.

And again a big thank you to Janelle for providing me with a little comic relief this morning.

Quote:

Prove it.

I'll wait.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:20 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
What an angry person you are. Gay people are "to stupid" (), "evil," and apparently are all a bunch of Lenin-loving communists. Got any other completely baseless attacks you'd like to put out there?
the fact is gays can get married in any state in this country. If they claim differently they are either liars or to stupid to know how to get married.

if you can't understand what I said above there is zero chance your smart enough to understand why you are in favor of Lenin like policies.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
the fact is gays can get married in any state in this country. If they claim differently they are either liars or to stupid to know how to get married.

if you can't understand what I said above there is zero chance your smart enough to understand why you are in favor of Lenin like policies.
Lol! What were you saying about stupid?

Old 03-25-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:

And if you can't understand that that is a ridiculous and ignorant argument and is only being made because it's all you have.

And if you're too stupid to know that, then there is no hope for you.

Oh, wait......I forgot who I was talking to.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You think anyone who isn't for what YOU want isn't on your side. That is the problem with the mind of a liberal. They can't think just react.
Yes, that's true of many liberals. It's also true of conservatives. The conservatives are definitely doing the reacting in this instance. They can't accept that fewer and fewer people object to same sex marriage, especially younger people.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 03-25-2013 at 12:37 PM..

Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 PM

46,957 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
What, can't man up to do a proper Godwin?

Old 03-25-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Have fun with that. A bunch of bigots getting together to agree with each other. Will there be fun signs that your children can look back at in 10 or 20 years and say "wtf?" You know, like those "Race Mixing is Communism" signs from the last time the bigots turned out in force to show the world their hatred and ignorance.
I'm sure their children and grandchildren will be very proud of them.......NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies