Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times

Advertisements

Yippee. So why don't you come up with a great candidate to run against Obama and you can beat him easily. Oh wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 10:39 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
My college aged kid is on spring break in Mexico right now with his buddies, and we're not wealthy. I think you have a very distorted view of the world, and how anyone lives who has a decent job. Congress voted in the sequester--not the president. Why should the cuts be put on the backs of two little girls who didn't choose to be targets for terrorists and crazy people? They have to have 24 hour security regardless. Should they never get to leave the White House or go on a vacation?

This was HIS idea!! and he signed it!! He didnt have to sign it!!

Old 03-25-2013, 10:47 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Last time I checked, the president was rich and earns a good salary. When you are the President you get Secret Service whether you want it or not. Same thing goes for your immediate family. Sunk costs. I don't know why people are getting in a hissy fit over presidential privileges that have been in existence for decades.
I wonder where the outrage was when the Bush twins were globe trotting, dragging their Secret Service entourage all over the world with them, and even using the Secret Service to bail their friends out of jail?

Oh, but wait.....this is Obama and Obama's daughters and the same privileges that have always been extended to the families of the presidents for some reason shouldn't apply.

And I don't believe for one moment that it has anything to do with the sequester or anything other than the fact that it is the Obamas.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Guess what? Sasha and Malia are in DC as we speak. I saw this story on TV tonight.

Why Obama, a Christian, hosts a Passover seder each year at White House - CSMonitor.com

The gathering of about 20 people in the elegant family dining room on the first floor of the White House is expected to include first lady Michelle Obama as well as presidential daughters Malia and Sasha.

Pictures:
https://www.google.com/search?q=obam...w=1424&bih=813

Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
yep....so true.
Um, no it's not... that was a bunch of nonsensical drivel with no basis in reality, but I guess to some people that's the only language they understand!

Now remind me, why are we supposed to care? I don't get the point of this thread, but apparently you needed your daily Obama-bashing fix.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
My college aged kid is on spring break in Mexico right now with his buddies, and we're not wealthy. I think you have a very distorted view of the world, and how anyone lives who has a decent job. Congress voted in the sequester--not the president. Why should the cuts be put on the backs of two little girls who didn't choose to be targets for terrorists and crazy people? They have to have 24 hour security regardless. Should they never get to leave the White House or go on a vacation?
I imagine that spending their entire spring break in the White House would really suck.

It's not like they can just call their friends and go hang out at the mall or go to a movie.

Jesus....people are so petty.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much! But then if they didn't ever leave, the right would be saying Obama holds them hostage or something. I recently read a funny (and very true) quote: "If Obama said breathing was a good idea, the Republicans would hold their breath until they passed out." Hmmmm.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:01 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Actually, I don't think the Bahamas are an expensive vacation from DC, relatively speaking. The same entourage would be required and if they went to Altoona, Pennsylvania for spring break.
That's what I was thinking, the Bahamas are a cheap trip.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Kind of like your hero's never-ending vacations for the kids, Chewbacca and himself.
Classy.

And, really, this is what it boils down to, isn't it? Your intense and unreasonable hatred of this president and his family to the point you have to make disgusting references to the first lady.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-26-2013 at 04:19 AM.. Reason: personal attacks

Old 03-25-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
That's what I was thinking, the Bahamas are a cheap trip.
That is true... my family went to the Bahamas a few times, and it was much cheaper than some of the other trips we've taken. Cheapest cruises usually go to the Bahamas, too, if you're leaving from Miami - coming from CA, the cheap ones go to Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies