Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing useful to this discussion.
There is nothing to discuss, it's the crazy ravings of the unmedicated mental patient Alex Jones.

He has made so many wrong predictions that if he said it was raining in Seattle, I would check for myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 08:11 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
There is nothing to discuss, it's the crazy ravings of the unmedicated mental patient Alex Jones.

He has made so many wrong predictions that if he said it was raining in Seattle, I would check for myself.
Alright smart guy.

Disregard bat-sh*t crazy. Forget the tin foil hats. A question was asked. Do you know what the answer is?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:12 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post

Why then are our legislators now asking for answers on this and the huge ammo buys by DHS? Are they also crazy, unmedicated mental patients raving?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
But who is driving them ? Does the DHS have their own internal police force now ?
I thought the DHS was just a central administration agency to just coordinate communication between all the other government agencies.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:22 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Many of the armored vehicles, recently purchased by homeland security, were videotaped on the move in Arizona.

» Video: Hundreds Of DHS Armored Trucks On The Move? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Again, libs- Why does Homeland Security need armored vehicles?
I needed a good laugh today. I especially liked the commentary on the video.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:39 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Some interesting speculation on this issue. It's appropriate to ask what they are for After all, we paid for them.

What's telling about this entire issue is that NONE OF US KNOW exactly what they are for. Why don't we know? Why don't representatives of our government (who have to know that these kinds of transports - as well as the choppers and the war games taking place over urban areas) will raise questions and cause alarm among the citizenry, provide us with answers?

I've never heard an Obama speech that addressed the arming of DHS. I've never heard one of his minions address this issue. I've never read a press release put out by the WH on this issue. I've never heard a reporter ask what all the armament is for. I've never seen a report on TV or found anything tangible on the internet.

If there is a real answer to the OP's question I would like to know what it is as well.
The DHS didn't acquire 2700 armored vehicles. The vehicle order was for refurbishment and modification of vehicles currently owned by the military for the military.

Homeland Security Serving Warrants MRAP - Business Insider

The Department of Homeland Security is using 16 military-style, mine-resistant ambush protected vehicles for use during "high-risk warrants," according to an official spokesman.
The MRAPs were transferred to DHS from the Department of Defense, free of charge. But despite recent reports, they have actually been in service since at least 2008.

"The MRAPs we have are not new," Ross Feinstein, a spokesman for DHS, told Business Insider. "We have been using them for years."
Update: An earlier version of this post included a figure of over 2,700 vehicles, as cited from the original RT link. This figure likely comes from a press release from Navistar Defense, mentioning delivery of 2,717 to the U.S. Marine Corps. A DHS Spokesman confirmed with Business Insider that they have only 16 nationwide.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Even ONE military vehicle roaming the roads "on duty" is one too much.
The DHS is the military that the military can't be on US shores.
And now they are equipping themselves with military weapons/vehicles and equipping and training our local LE's.
Have you seen media pictures of what the local LE look like at protests ? You'd think they were invading a country the way they are outfitted and the vehicles they arrive in.

Nice way to get around our laws.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:47 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Default Obama's Homeland Security armor on the move

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Many of the armored vehicles, recently purchased by homeland security, were videotaped on the move in Arizona.

» Video: Hundreds Of DHS Armored Trucks On The Move? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Again, libs- Why does Homeland Security need armored vehicles?
Could this be preparation for the 2014 elections?'

'You want ID? Here's your ID', as Black Panthers pops out of an Armored Truck.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:47 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I needed a good laugh today. I especially liked the commentary on the video.
The John Edwards mistress story was broken by the National Enquirer. Why? Because no-one else wanted to touch it. People like to dismiss stories because of the source. You have to be careful what you buy into because there's a whole lot of crap out there, and I wish I didn't have to read sites like Prison Planet. There are stories reporting DHS arming up all over the internet, and yet the mainstream media isn't asking about it. Reasonable people - who pay the salaries of every one of these federal employees (from the janitors at DHS all the way up to Janet Napolitano) - have the right to answers. Reasonable people want to know what is happening, why it is happening, what changed in the landscape to make it happen, and why our political leaders feel it is both necessary and appropriate to not provide answers.

The biggest question is why our political leaders think it is OK to continue to allow speculation and increasing fear to fester among the citizens of the country?

Again I ask if there is anyone out there who legitimately knows what all the weapons, all the rounds, all the vehicles are for?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:48 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Looks like old' Janet is not ruling out a run for President in 2016. Napolitano/Holder 2016

This is getting funnier by the minute.

Napolitano doesn't rule out 2016 run for president | WashingtonExaminer.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies