Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 02:35 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I didn't assume that he was here illegally. Where did you get that?
Now you're backtracking. Do you think people don't pay attention?
Quote:
Ah, the race card! Thought I smelt it. Hardly anyone gives a damn about the color of someone's skin anymore. If he his here illegally he had no right to come here or to open a business here. What part of that aren't you getting? What does that fact have to do with being dumb or a hater?
As I said above, there's never been a SHRED of evidence that the lottery isn't here legally--you assumed that because he's Hispanic, and because his English may or may not be very good.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:36 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
who cares if he doesn't speak English he came here when he was in his 20s without education and he made something of himself. He has a family of 5 kids he is trying to support and god gave him the biggest blessing he could have asked for. I'm really happy of that man and I know he is going to do his family and community proud.
Its still questionable if he legally came here.

Anyway you don't take up residency without integrating into the American way of life. Its hostile intentions. His immigration was not done in good faith to the American people.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:37 PM

491 posts, read 373,161 times
Quote:
Oh, this old argument again. Those tribes all have their soverign lands and they are full-fledged citizens of this country. I don't hear them complaining and if they do they can take it up with our government. I has nothing to do with us regular citizens nor this topic!
First you call people of Navajo, Seminole, and Sioux descent "full feldged citizens" and then two sentences later you allude to "regular citizens" and hint that the fomer are not part of the latter.

Could you please clarify?

Old 03-27-2013, 02:40 PM

491 posts, read 373,161 times
Quote:
Yes, because they assimilated into Spanish society. Thanks for proving my point!
Uh, not quite. I was thinking of Spaniards, who would by definition not have any assimilating to accomplish.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Makes me wonder how/if he paid taxes.
I'm sure all his pay checks were in English
Tax forms are English
Identification/DLs/etc
Oh good lord. He's an immigrant, so obviously he's not paying his taxes. You people are something else.

How to Get Tax Forms in Spanish | eHow.com

Old 03-27-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
I don't know. Sue him.
Why? I question if he is legal since he doesn't seem naturalized.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Are you jealous, All American? Really, what's the deal here other than to rag on immigrants?
Don't change the argument. He has been here 26 years and never tried to integrate himself to the AMerican people.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:50 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Now you're backtracking. Do you think people don't pay attention?

As I said above, there's never been a SHRED of evidence that the lottery isn't here legally--you assumed that because he's Hispanic, and because his English may or may not be very good.
Backtracking???? Um, it's right here where you quoted me. "IF he his here illegally he had no right to come here or to open a business here". You do know what IF means, don't you? Where is the assumption that I made that he was for certain?

Old 03-27-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its still questionable if he legally came here.

Anyway you don't take up residency without integrating into the American way of life. Its hostile intentions. His immigration was not done in good faith to the American people.
It's not "questionable." There isn't a shred of evidence that he isn't a legal resident. He's been here 26 years and evidently his English isn't fluent. What does that have to do with whether or not he's in the country as a legal immigrant?

Old 03-27-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Backtracking???? Um, it's right here where you quoted me. "IF he his here illegally he had no right to come here or to open a business here". You do know what IF means, don't you? Where is the assumption that I made that he was for certain?
YOU were the one who brought up the IF. There's not a shred of evidence to even suggest that he's here illegally--it shouldn't have even come up. The only reason you said IF--that he MIGHT be here illegally--is because he's hispanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies