Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 02:53 PM

602 posts, read 574,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Oh good lord. He's an immigrant, so obviously he's not paying his taxes. You people are something else.

How to Get Tax Forms in Spanish | eHow.com

Is that what I said? Sounds like you like to lie (mentira in Spanish if you were wondering)

Why do you like making things up? I mean, I know liberals run off emotion but, just making stuff up?

Anyway, he couldn't read that website you linked anyway, since its in English

Old 03-27-2013, 03:04 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Makes me wonder how/if he paid taxes.
I'm sure all his pay checks were in English
Tax forms are English
Identification/DLs/etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Is that what I said? Sounds like you like to lie (mentira in Spanish if you were wondering)

Why do you like making things up? I mean, I know liberals run off emotion but, just making stuff up?

Anyway, he couldn't read that website you linked anyway, since its in English
Why would you wonder if he pays his taxes just because he speaks Spanish? For the record, google works in Spanish too. And yes--that is what you said. That's what's nifty about the quote feature on this site--it makes it all really clear. I'm not a democrat--I'm just not an a**hat.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:06 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I can't believe you guys are still going on like this. Where in the article did it say he could only speak Spanish?
It didn't. It did say he required an interpreter, which seemed odd to me. I find it hard to believe that he never learned English.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:19 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
YOU were the one who brought up the IF. There's not a shred of evidence to even suggest that he's here illegally--it shouldn't have even come up. The only reason you said IF--that he MIGHT be here illegally--is because he's hispanic.
I see, so it is against the law to speculate? There is a shred of evidence however and that is that he has been in this country for 26 years and still needed a translator. Most legal immigrants and citizens learn English after that long of a time. The fact is that most here illegally are Hispanic so what's your point? I do realize that many are here legally also and that many are citizens. Keep pulling the race card though. It's fun to watch.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I see, so it is against the law to speculate? There is a shred of evidence however and that is that he has been in this country for 26 years and still needed a translator. Most legal immigrants and citizens learn English after that long of a time. The fact is that most here illegally are Hispanic so what's your point? I do realize that many are here legally also and that many are citizens. Keep pulling the race card though. It's fun to watch.
Why would being a legal immigrant make you more likely to learn English any quicker than being here illegally? Your logic is nutty, but that's not surprising. My husbands grandmother was here for 50 years--LEGALLY--and she still barely spoke English. The guy is a small business owner--he's not being trucked in to work in a factory where everybody runs when INS shows up. You just made my point about your ignorant attitude--because we do have some people here illegally who are Hispanic, your first thought is that he might be too, despite the fact that there is NO EVIDENCE, anywhere, that it's the case.

I'm done with you--I'm sick of dealing with "hateful and nasty." Like I said--when someone is being a bigot, it is what it is.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:30 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Why would being a legal immigrant make you more likely to learn English any quicker than being here illegally? Your logic is nutty, but that's not surprising. My husbands grandmother was here for 50 years--LEGALLY--and she still barely spoke English. The guy is a small business owner--he's not being trucked in to work in a factory where everybody runs when INS shows up. You just made my point about your ignorant attitude--because we do have some people here illegally who are Hispanic, your first thought is that he might be too, despite the fact that there is NO EVIDENCE, anywhere, that it's the case.

I'm done with you--I'm sick of dealing with "hateful and nasty." Like I said--when someone is being a bigot, it is what it is.
Because illegal aliens move into their ethnic neighborhoods and it gives them a sense of protection from the law and the language being spoken there is usually Spanish.

Legal immigrants tend to take up permanent residence here and know the importance of learning English to fit into our society and increase their opportunities in this country. Not all do but I would say most do.

Keep it up! You'd be surprised the number of Hispanic citizens who still prefer to speak Spanish in public so I never automatically assume that when one is doing so it is because they are here illegally. However, when someone has been here for 26 years and still needs a translator a red flag goes up. This IS some significant evidence! Are you really this much in denial?

How does any of the above make me a bigot? I haven't been hateful and nasty at all YOU HAVE! Good riddance if you can't be civil.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,009 times
My late husband grandmother is cuban, has been here for over 60 years and should have won the lotto, would be in need of an interpreter too... So much for generalizations.... and she has been legal the whole time.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:51 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
My late husband grandmother is cuban, has been here for over 60 years and should have won the lotto, would be in need of an interpreter too... So much for generalizations.... and she has been legal the whole time.
Because Cubans are legal once they're "feet dry"...

Old 03-27-2013, 07:51 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Shhhh! You're about to P-O some racists around here!

Old 03-27-2013, 07:53 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Because Cubans are legal once they're "feet dry"...
She actually came as a refugee. But she was legal the whole time. So not being able to not speak english does not mean illegal. It just means she was so busy working 2 jobs to put food on the table she was not able to go back to school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies