Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 09:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,658,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by US downhill View Post
5 children and owes $ 29,000.00 in support, he should've been in jail. Can't buy lottery tickets in jail.
Illegals are not expected to pay child support, that's just another law they choose to ignore.

I wonder how much the taxpayers had to chip in for the free health care for those 5 kids that this scumball didn't want to support. He should have to pay back all the Medicaid and food stamps with fines and interests.

Scumball had plenty of money to play the lottery, but not support his spawn.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:42 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,607,371 times
For 338 mil I would gladly vow never to speak another word of English in my life. Or nothing but. Take your pick, just show me the money!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:31 AM

62,857 posts, read 29,085,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And what about the immigrants' stubborness against multilingualism? If it were actually true that it is common in just about every other country in the world, why are we seeing so many millions coming here so incapable of ever learning any English? Why aren't the immigrants expected to be intelligent enough to ever learn more than one or two words of English?
Exactly! How many Mexicans and other "immigrants" come to our country and never learn English and yet we are criticized for not learning their language? WTH?

Old 03-30-2013, 07:38 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,318 times
What's the issue? Seems like a good guy, owns a business, takes care of his family. He obviously has had no need to learn English if he's been here for 26 years and made a living.

Good luck to him and his millions.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! How many Mexicans and other "immigrants" come to our country and never learn English and yet we are criticized for not learning their language? WTH?
Well I don't think we're criticized by Mexican immigrants (I don't get the use of quotes, but whatever), because, as you said, they also only know one language. In their home countries they usually have less access to learning another language though. Once they arrive here it's another story, but regardless...

I think criticism comes from countries that actually are multilingual, mostly Europe. And frankly it doesn't really matter to me what they say. It isn't that useful in most places to learn another language in America. It actually is useful in Europe.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:01 PM

37 posts, read 37,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
What's the issue? Seems like a good guy, owns a business, takes care of his family. He obviously has had no need to learn English if he's been here for 26 years and made a living.

Good luck to him and his millions.
Hand me a 300 million dollar check and even I could seem like a good guy. $29,000.00 in back child support is not what I call taking care of your family. He had no need to learn english because of so many willing to bend over backwards to wetnurse him... it's against his rights to make him do that... it's too hard for him... we should have bi lingual employees, messages, ATMs etc, etc to make it easy for them to function... give me a break. It's getting really, really tiresome.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by US downhill View Post
Hand me a 300 million dollar check and even I could seem like a good guy. $29,000.00 in back child support is not what I call taking care of your family. He had no need to learn english because of so many willing to bend over backwards to wetnurse him... it's against his rights to make him do that... it's too hard for him... we should have bi lingual employees, messages, ATMs etc, etc to make it easy for them to function... give me a break. It's getting really, really tiresome.
Ahh, jealous of the rich I see. So I guess the right is engaging in class warfare now too.

How about he seems like a good guy because he's been working his tail off for 26 years and appears to be a family man. What more do you want? I don't know him personally, but from the limited information given in the article, he seems alright. Sorry your apparent racism can't get past that.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:03 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,239,524 times
I agree; he seems like a great guy and we should ALL just wish him well.

Come on folks - can't you be nice to a fellow human being??

Old 03-30-2013, 01:05 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,327,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How is this possible?
Why do you care?

Old 03-30-2013, 01:07 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,327,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How does this relate to the original topic? He doesn't have to speak English; he's richer than God now. lol! But he seemed to be doing pretty well before anyway, so why does it matter?

ETA: Okay, well if he owes money in back child support, I agree he ain't that nice, but his nationality, ethnicity, and language skills have nothing to do with it. Larry Bird abandoned his children, too, and nobody here has started a thread about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.