Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 08:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
There is no law against not speaking English in the US. HE does not need it now that he is a millionaire.
You're right! He'll probably hire some poor white guy to speak for him.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:14 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, where did I attack job creation?? I attacked the fact that this guy has lived here for 26 years and still doesn't know English. What part of that aren't you gettng? I am not jealous of anyone's success in fact I applaud them. LOL! I am retired and did make something of myself for 50 years! ASSume much? You left liberals sure like diversionary tactics and insults, don't you?
You are upset since some rich guy has money and can't speak English. If we keep on attacking the job creators, then we will run them out of the country and there will longer be any jobs left.

Where is your patriotism?

Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Are you this dense that you didn't get the analogy? This guy didn't get up and leave this country he decided to stay here and continue to not assimilate.
Poor analogy pal!
Ramble on dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You have lost a job because you dont speak spanish? Losing a job and not being qualified for a job are to different things.

If an American business does business here in America and in other parts of latin America, and has his call center here...Is it more advantagous to hire a bilingual person or have to hire you, a person that can only speak one?

There are thousands of jobs you can qualify for that dont require you to be able to speak a second language...but it galls you that any job favors a worker that is bilingual.

I bet you a million dollars that you have never been fired from a job because your employer required you to learn to speak spanish...
That's a common myth with conservatives Jones, that immigrants, legal or illegal STEAL American Jobs.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:21 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Poor analogy pal!
Ramble on dude.

That's a common myth with conservatives Jones, that immigrants, legal or illegal STEAL American Jobs.
Not a poor analogy at all DUDE. You just refuse to get it that's all. No myth at all. Illegal aliens do steal American jobs. How can you possibly deny that with a staright face? Legal immgration should be tied to our unemployment numbers.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:24 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
You are upset since some rich guy has money and can't speak English. If we keep on attacking the job creators, then we will run them out of the country and there will longer be any jobs left.

Where is your patriotism?
I don't care if he is rich or poor. The topic of this conversation is about his inability to speak English after living here for 26 years. Neither his winnings nor his job creation (probably for his own ethnic group) has anything to do with that. One of the signs of patriotism is to want immigrant to come to our country legally and to join our society and embrace our culture and language because well, we are proud patriots of our country.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:09 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
WOW, bragging about having five kids, yet he forgot to mention to the press that he was $29,000 behind in child support. Apparently that's for just one child. Wonder if there are any more out there that will be showing up in court looking for outstanding child support.

Quote:
The New Jersey man who just won a $338 million Powerball jackpot is due in court Monday in a child support case.

Authorities say 44-year-old Pedro Quezada owes about $29,000 in back child support.

But Passaic County Sheriff Richard Berdnik announced Saturday that a judge had stayed the warrant until 1:30 p.m. Monday, when Quezada is due to appear before state Superior Court Judge Ernest Caposela in Paterson.

Quezada claimed a lump-sum payment on Tuesday worth $221 million, or about $152 million after taxes.
Sheriff's department spokesman Bill Maer says the state Lottery Division generally satisfies such judgments before winnings are released.

The unpaid child support payments go back to 2009. It's not known which of Quezada's five children are covered under the payments.
Child support warrant stayed for winner of Powerball jackpot | 7online.com

Old 03-31-2013, 01:47 PM

1,738 posts, read 3,007,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
WOW, bragging about having five kids, yet he forgot to mention to the press that he was $29,000 behind in child support. Apparently that's for just one child. Wonder if there are any more out there that will be showing up in court looking for outstanding child support.

Child support warrant stayed for winner of Powerball jackpot | 7online.com
What's your point? I know guys who make 100,000's of thousands a year and don't pay their child support.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:54 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Not a poor analogy at all DUDE. You just refuse to get it that's all. No myth at all. Illegal aliens do steal American jobs. How can you possibly deny that with a staright face? Legal immgration should be tied to our unemployment numbers.
Straight face? No, I'm laughing at the post.

FactCheck.org : Does Immigration Cost Jobs?

Like I said, that is a conservative's myth, or, talking point.

Anyway, thanks for the laughs and the off topic rants, I'm out of here, because I believe this thread has outlived it's shelf life.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:45 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
What's your point? I know guys who make 100,000's of thousands a year and don't pay their child support.
Put them in prison as well -- this guy needs to pay back all the food stamps and Medicaid his children cost the taxpayers and he should be in prison with other dead beats.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:47 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,683,166 times
More importantly, why is it an issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies