Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 12:08 PM

157 posts, read 102,880 times

Advertisements

Hate them? Love them? Think they should share their wealth? Think they should horde their wealth and not care about humanity and those less fortunate than themselves?

I personally can't stand anyone who is rich...new cars,new homes,snobby attitude. Personally think the top 1% need to share the wealth there is no reason people need that much money while people go hungry and homeless in this country. What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 12:09 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
I say your wrong. Maybe you should try to raise yourself up instead of bringing them down.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:13 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
I respect them immensely.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:14 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
Hate them? Love them? Think they should share their wealth? Think they should horde their wealth and not care about humanity and those less fortunate than themselves?

I personally can't stand anyone who is rich...new cars,new homes,snobby attitude. Personally think the top 1% need to share the wealth there is no reason people need that much money while people go hungry and homeless in this country. What say you?

I personally judge someone on their character, and their attitude toward me as well as others, and not how much wealth or material items they have. I will agree that I can't stand the snobby I'm better than you types, but not all people with money are like that.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:15 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
Whether great wealth or lack of it - it is not a determining factor if I would like someone or not.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
I don't think much about rich people. I don't think much about anybody's financial status. Why should I?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:19 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:

I just look at it as a list. Someones at the top and someones at the bottom.

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:

I don't know. Is that your TV set or was it sitting behind that now broken shop window?

The problem I have is a society that codifies lots of economically neccessary wealth storage organs by law. Thats just BS wealth.

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Determining if you like someone or not simply because they have more money or material items than you is in my opinion very shallow and closed minded. You have no idea how many of your neighbors are rich but you like them anyway. We know more than a few millionaires but you would never know they have that kind of money because they are not snobs, they are regular folks who live a simple life, work hard, invest well, live within their means and have little if any debt.

I have no feelings one way or the other about a person who has lots of money, it is their personality and character that attracts me or not.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:20 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
I personally can't stand anyone who is poor with their entitled attitude. Personally, I think the bottom-feeders need to go out and earn their own wealth. There is no reason people need to be lazy and expect others to hand them money while other people get up everyday, work hard and generate their own wealth. What say you?

*Notice I left out the portion about homes and cars. I don't judge someone on their material possessions, but rather their work ethic and character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies