Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 04:43 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I support those tweets and the picture comparison.

There is nothing racist about those pictures or those tweets AT ALL. The truth hurts sometimes. Maybe one day black American's will wake up and finally realize that their culture is in complete shambles. And they have no one to blame but themselves.

See the following statistical terms for your evidence:

Abortion
Wedlock
Prison
High School Dropouts
Poverty
Unemployment
Gang Affiliation
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Black people need to wake up and smell the coffee. That their feelings are hurt every time someone calls them out is of absolutely no concern of mine whatsoever.
I can control the actions of other Black people as well as you control the actions of other whites. What an idiotic post.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-03-2013 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 04:46 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Hardly ever hear about white people molesting kids. I do hear a good deal about single black teen moms abusing their kids. Perhaps that is why as teens, black kids many times adopt the thug lifestyle? Maybe this is why Trayvon became a thug?
The music about cop killing, ho & b*tches is in your face on numerous hip hop station, BET, etc. The saggy pants are everywhere you look. The disrespect for school, teachers and the "hard" attitude. All these things are rampant and obvious in thug society.

Funniest thing, these thugs are only hurting themselves. No respectable company is going to hire a saggy pants thug. Many times these thugs end up dead or in jail. Black teens are only hurting themselves and their families.

Sex Offender Statistics - Child Molester Statistics

Old 03-26-2013, 04:49 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,871 times
His brother is an idiot, it just confirms that Zimmerman is probably a racist himself and targeted Trayvon because of his race.

When I see a white man I don't assume he's going to pull out an assault rifle and go on a shooting rampage. Stereotypes are just dumb, just like the people who subscribe to them.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:50 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It is not a few. Your attempts to minimize the black youth criminality is troubling. When compared to other teens Blacks are multiple times more likely to commit a violent crime. Why do you thinks folks should simply ignore these facts? Why should people not take precautions?
Your attempt to justify racial profiling and discrimination is troubling. It is a few. The majority of black people are not criminals. It is not okay to discriminate against people because of what a few people do. You can say that over and over again. You can site the FBI crime stats over and over again and tell me that Blacks commit crime at a disproportionate rate. I understand what you're saying and I do not disagree with the stats (said this several times now and won't say it again), but it still doesn't change the fact that the majority of Blacks are not criminals.

Another thing I find troubling about you and those who site those stats over and over again is that you refuse to discuss institutional racism. You refuse to acknowledge the fact that Blacks are given harsher sentences than Whites for the same crime or that Blacks are more likely to be convicted of crimes that they are arrested for than Whites. You refuse to acknowledge that racial profiling plays a part in this or that poverty has anything to do with it.

Yes there are issues within the Black community. I've said it many times now, some if them in response to your posts (not going to tell you this again either), but I cannot have an indepth discussion with someone who has no intention other than to bash black people. I am a mother. I do everything I can do to build up the self-esteem and spirit of my children, but people like you think it is okay to beat them down mentally and tell them that they don't deserve the same rights as everyone else because of a few criminals who have nothing in common with them but their African ancestry. I teach them not to judge a book by its cover, so it's only logical that they would expect the same respect from others. I don't think that's asking too much and I am not going to accept bigotry or discrimination because YOU and some others feel that it's okay based on the fact that some Black males choose to commit crime.

I have responded to you, perhaps you can respond to some of the issues I brought up in my post. I am tired of hearing the same old broken record bull crap over and over again and if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Complaining on discussion boards isn't going to help anyone. Since you are so concerned about the Black community, what are you doing to help?

Last edited by Factsplease; 03-26-2013 at 05:00 PM..

Old 03-26-2013, 04:51 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Hardly ever hear about white people molesting kids. I do hear a good deal about single black teen moms abusing their kids. Perhaps that is why as teens, black kids many times adopt the thug lifestyle? Maybe this is why Trayvon became a thug?
The music about cop killing, ho & b*tches is in your face on numerous hip hop station, BET, etc. The saggy pants are everywhere you look. The disrespect for school, teachers and the "hard" attitude. All these things are rampant and obvious in thug society.

Funniest thing, these thugs are only hurting themselves. No respectable company is going to hire a saggy pants thug. Many times these thugs end up dead or in jail. Black teens are only hurting themselves and their families.
You do realize that white people are the biggest consumers of rap music.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Do you have stats to back up this claim? Or will you trot out anecdotal nonsense? The fact is that about 400 people have been killed in instances such as Newton in the past 30 years. That's less than the one year total of Chicago.

Black teens not only kill, rob and harm at far higher rates. They also enmesh themselves in a culture where intimidation and being aggressive is stressed. So again why should people ignore this? If a young black kid dresses and acts like a thug he'll be treated like one.

I said "multiple murders."

Profiling, Mass Murderer

Read it.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM

157 posts, read 102,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
His brother is an idiot, it just confirms that Zimmerman is probably a racist himself and targeted Trayvon because of his race.

When I see a white man I don't assume he's going to pull out an assault rifle and go on a shooting rampage. Stereotypes are just dumb, just like the people who subscribe to them.
Yet here you are making a stereotype! Brilliant statement there I tell ya...Guess wearing a shirt that says ***** ass crackers isn't racist at all eh?

Old 03-26-2013, 04:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
I think the point as I took it is that young black teens are immersed in this thug culture and that his brother faced a young black kid who had to keep it real with him. Thus he was forced to defend himself.

Although I think Trayvon left to his own devices would have grown out of this thug phase. His family seems the polar opposite of the baby killers family.
I respect a thoughtful post of the situation. And i respect your being truthful, not something a lot of people do these days, everyone trying to be something they are not.

Your not lying there are many many young black teens, who are overly immersed in the thug culture. Is it all their faults, most likely not, but their enviroment, and the way they were raise or lack of being raised properly.

Are thrust into this clutlure, either by enjoyment and loving the thought of being a thug, or something that was destined to happen, is not helping their situation any.

But there are other races also in this same bolt, when you have no parent's around, lack of discline, left on your own, living in a bad area, things happen.

I personally think George's brother and what he did was uncalled for. Sometimes it is better off things go unsaid. And in bad taste.

I knew someone one time tell my good friend who is a shrink, that he was into gangs, even though he himself, knew they were trouble, and did bad things. She told me this. That sometimes our young teens are into gangs, because they have no one at home no parent. And bad love is better then no love at all, sad as it is. Left on their own. And sometimes even though it is wrong and negative, even being around gang members, is better then being home alone. Comes down to this, teens do want parents, and they want discpline, even though they have the wrong way of showing this.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:57 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Some white kids think the black culture is cool and try to emulate it. The black thug culture has been a blight on society, and still is.

Okay, are they emulating black culture with tats, piercings and colorful hair-dos? And let's not pretend that rap is the only genre of music where artists make songs about sex, drugs and violence. People are free to express themselves however they want, it doesn't give you the right to discriminate. People make fun of name like Jamarius, but are okay with people nameing their kids Apple and Adolf Hitler. People need to obey the law, but they don not have to dress or name their children just to make sure that some White people don't feel intimidated. There are things I don't allow in my home (and personally I think sagging pants look extremly stupid), but I don't assume that someone is up to no good because they're wearing saggy pants.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:05 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
The rates of molestation between the races are about even. Come up with something else.
Ok. It's like saying if whites want respect they should stop drunk driving....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies