Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 07:50 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,559,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
So quit your condescending attitude and open another clinic.
That comment makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 07:51 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times
Default You cannot let the woman think about it she may change her mind and you would be out the money

This woman can tell you all about it.

Former Abortion Provider Speaks - YouTube

Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 PM

524 posts, read 400,143 times
Quote:
So quit your condescending attitude and open another clinic.
^This. You know if there really was a demand in good ole N. Dakota, they would open up more clinics in a heart beat. Come on now, Planned Parenthood is a lucrative business, how much do surgical and pill abortions cost these days:
[CENTER]Surgical Abortion[/CENTER]
Weeks of Pregnancy
Without IV Sedation
With IV Sedation
6 weeks to 12 weeks
$350.00
$430.00
12.1 weeks to 13 weeks
$395.00
$475.00
13.1 weeks to 14 weeks
$495.00
$575.00
[CENTER]Medical Abortion (Pill)[/CENTER]
Up to 9 weeks (63 days)
$425.00

Plus, if you are RH negative you can spend up to 110.00 more for treatment on your procedure day.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:57 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
South Dakota governor signs extended abortion wait period law great job n. Dakota your governor beat mississippi and alabama for dumb politicians!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2
The bulk of this dude's money to run for office came from the Republican Governors' Association. DUH! lol I could've told y'all how this dude was going to vote on this. IN FACT, I can predict how he's going to opine on everything. Damn, I ought to have been a psychic.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 PM

524 posts, read 400,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
The bulk of this dude's money to run for office came from the Republican Governors' Association. DUH! lol I could've told y'all how this dude was going to vote on this. IN FACT, I can predict how he's going to opine on everything. Damn, I ought to have been a psychic.
Wow! Making comments on politicians' positions on social issues based on party platforms and pretending that it's news that somehow you have managed to figure out! You're a genius! (insert sarcastic smirk here)

Replace that with the Democratic Governors Association and change the view on economic issues and it would be a somewhat true statement as well. The reality is that Democrats and Republicans are not that different. There is this battle over a few key emotional social issues like abortion and gay rights that get people all worked up, all the while ignoring the very things that we should be worried about. The left/right paradigm is a joke.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
They are trying to ban it. North Dakota just passed some draconian anti-abortion laws, and do you want to know how many abortion clinics there are in North Dakota?

Spoiler
One
Well they can try all they want but, they can't ban it....it's federal law. To quote Supreme Court justice Roberts, "It's old, well established law".

As far as North Dakota having only one clinic....do you know what the population is for the ENTIRE state of North Dakota....it's less than 700,000. How many abortion clinics should they have?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:25 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,820 times
Quote:
This thread is a war on christianity, the persecuted majority.
Well, according to one poster, you should kwityer*****en, because it's much worse in other countries.
Quote:
Stop using this phrase "War on Women". You don't even know what that means, and besides, any real war on women has never been implemented in this country, you'd have to go to the middle east, Africa, and Asia for that.
See how little sense the above argument makes?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:36 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I'm not the one who said it's a travesty. I do think a prolonged waiting period is unnecessary, not medically or ethically justified,
It is both medically and ethically justified. A waiting period before any elective medical procedure is perfectly justified on both grounds. A waiting period before getting a nose job or lasik eye surgery or a laprosopic band is also justified. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with having a consultation and being given a waiting period to consider the information you've been given in the consultation.
Quote:
and forcing a woman to comply with the moral beliefs of a bunch of sexist grey-haired male legislators for whom abortion is not a personal issue.
And that's your own sexism. Any assertion that men should not have a say in the abortion debate is pure unadulterated bigotry. Any assumption that abortion is purely about forcing women to comply with morality is likewise nothing but base level bigotry.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:42 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
That comment makes no sense.
I asked why the waiting period was a travesty and you replied with a patronizing response about there being only one clinic. Well, fine then maybe there should be more than one if it is a hardship for people to receive services there but there was no need for the attitude.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:45 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,559,909 times
Quote:
I asked why the waiting period was a travesty and you replied with a patronizing response about there being only one clinic. Well, fine then maybe there should be more than one if it is a hardship for people to receive services there but there was no need for the attitude.
Attitude? People are being prevented from accessing a legal procedure for up to 6 days. This is nothing more than a ploy to prevent abortions, and you know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies