Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 12:32 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Abortion is not health care.
It's part of healthcare services, or medical services. It's a medical procedure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 03:28 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
yet, the hospital has to now wait the 48 hour period...

Of cousre, everyone ignores the 3 days wait, could put the woman from legal / to not legal position.
Exactly! You can't compare abortion to other elective surgeries. If you want a vasectomy or have your cataracts removed, you can wait 4 months, 7 months, or even years, and still get it done. Abortion has a very small window and legislators are hell-bent to make it even smaller.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I support the freedom of all individuals to control their own bodies. If a woman decides to prevent a pregnancy or not it is her concern and not mine or yours or the states.

This legislation is a last gasp in the war for male primacy over women by using pregnancy and child care as a trap to prevent any woman's independence. These men fear they will someday be left alone to cope with out any guaranteed care from a woman. You are going to have to earn that care and not demand it. Too bad, the jerks will die alone.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It is both medically and ethically justified. A waiting period before any elective medical procedure is perfectly justified on both grounds. A waiting period before getting a nose job or lasik eye surgery or a laprosopic band is also justified. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with having a consultation and being given a waiting period to consider the information you've been given in the consultation.
So why haven't the nation's RWNJs legislated a waiting period before those procedures? And who died and made legislators doctors?

That's really one of your silliest posts yet.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:49 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Abortion is not health care.
Congratulations! Most ridiculous post of the day.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:52 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
Wow! Making comments on politicians' positions on social issues based on party platforms and pretending that it's news that somehow you have managed to figure out! You're a genius! (insert sarcastic smirk here)

Replace that with the Democratic Governors Association and change the view on economic issues and it would be a somewhat true statement as well. The reality is that Democrats and Republicans are not that different. There is this battle over a few key emotional social issues like abortion and gay rights that get people all worked up, all the while ignoring the very things that we should be worried about. The left/right paradigm is a joke.
You're right. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a right wingnut financed by right wingnut, will behave like a right wingnut.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 AM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Why should there be a waiting period? There's no state laws forcing people to wait for other surgeries or procedures.
Possibly because this procedure has been linked to future health issues including breast cancer, depression etc.

I'm just the voice of reason in-between those with staked out positions where it should never be allowed or it is just no big deal, just like getting a wart frozen off.

I think anyone trying to completely play down abortion problems is just as much warring on women as the banners.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If a man with perfectly healthy legs, told the doctor he wanted them cut off, jut above the knee, don't you think there might be a waiting period? It's the same thing for a healthy woman wanting to abort a healthy baby.
It's not a baby.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:53 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
The best parts of the Christian doctrine are brilliant. There is a war based on prejudice - my advice is to keep your thoughts to yourself. "Do not throw your pearls of truth to pigs" They will get really peeved off and attack you..What's wrong with a woman being proper and kind and well behaved? Secularist teach society that if a young woman does not have sex with 40 males by the time she is 25 then she is being oppressed..and that no one should attempt to even mention that poor behavior leads to unhappiness...Let them war all they want..They can not enter the realms of your mind and spirit.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:25 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The best parts of the Christian doctrine are brilliant. There is a war based on prejudice - my advice is to keep your thoughts to yourself. "Do not throw your pearls of truth to pigs" They will get really peeved off and attack you..What's wrong with a woman being proper and kind and well behaved? Secularist teach society that if a young woman does not have sex with 40 males by the time she is 25 then she is being oppressed..and that no one should attempt to even mention that poor behavior leads to unhappiness...Let them war all they want..They can not enter the realms of your mind and spirit.
Excuse me, who's out there telling women - OR MEN - to have indiscriminate sex? Not me! I believe that people shouldn't have sex until they're 18 OR OLDER. Sex is awesome, beautiful, feels soo good, bonds two people. What's the point of making it just a masturbatory act using another human? I'm very conservative in my belief that people should treat sex as a bonding. They don't have to be married, but sex does bond people, and using it as in a FWB, or one-night-stand way diminishes the awesomeness of it. Why bond this way with someone you don't give a sh_t about???

Now you tell me where you got this notion that someone, somewhere is telling women and men to get out there and get laid everywhere, and with everyone. I'm very interested in hearing how you arrived at this conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies