Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times

Advertisements

Ok just checked FB looks like a black gay friend just shared a pic of George Clooney with the logo going on about folks who oppose gay marriage looking like George Wallace.

I feel bad for the friend in question. He was always effeminate and got teased for being gay as far back as I can remember. I know there was a period where he tried to go straight but it fell apart since he is now back to the gay lifestyle.

Now he just comes across bitter on Facebook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yeah they've been popping up on my feed too. What's interesting is that to date only 4 friends have them. None of them gay and all of them white females.

So far none of my Non White or male friends have embraced marriage equality.
Same here! All white females, straight, and married with families. Hmmm.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I can't speak to your experience. My gay friends have posted the red squares. Many hetero friends have as well.
I like to think I have a good cross reference of friends from my Catholic elementary school pals, my black high school pals and extremely diverse business school crowd and thus far no heterosexual males have come out in open support. The only non white thus far is a black gay friend from high school and no one has liked his pic.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:05 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,844 times
None of my gay friends or coworkers support this measure.
Gee, do you suppose this "broad support" is really just manufactured by a minority of militant lesbians?
You betcha!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Same here! All white females, straight, and married with families. Hmmm.
It's odd when the whole Chick Fil A thing happened last year there were about 6 friends who shared pics of themselves at the restaurant.

I think what's going on is that folks are not opposing gay marriage. For example I won't comment on those friends post who support gay marriage. Who wants to get in a fight? So the media thinks or is pushing this story that their is this wide support.

When there really isn't. I also I suspect support will drop when Obama leaves office. He is personally responsible for a 20pt shift in the black community which I suspect is not permanent.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Gee, do you suppose this "broad support" is really just manufactured by a minority of militant lesbians?
You betcha!
Ok - but why not? Why do your gay friends not support marriage equality? (If they have told you)

That's the question I have but not wanting to ask my gay friends.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
I love how we're now discounting polling and actual facts in favor of talking about who changed their picture on Facebook yesterday. Way to have a meaningful discussion

My straight white male friend with a red HRC logo clearly nullifies your straight white male friend without a red HRC logo.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why change marriage to be same-gender? What problem does this solve?
Adam can inherit Steve, even if Steve's family can't cope with the fact that Steve was gay.
Adam can visit Steve in the ICU, even if the head nurse considers their relationship wrong.
Adam and Steve can take out a mortgages as a married couple.
Adam can be covered under Steve's health insurance or vice versa.

Shall I go on?

Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
You betcha!
Yeah, the polls are all skewed.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why change marriage to be same-gender? What problem does this solve?
You're not changing it, you're adding to it. Quit crying about it already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies