Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 04:36 PM

353 posts, read 393,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Well why don't you ponder what it would be like for you if it were illegal for you to marry who you wanted. It's really not that hard unless you're one of those types who care about no one but yourself. Compassion can be tough to come by, can't it?
Actually, I care about the human race and the direction that this country is heading in. That's why I continue to speak out. When we sit idly by and simply condone evil acts, we open up the flood gates. A case in point is sex out of wedlock. When heterosexuals allowed the entertainment industry to dictate (via movies, tv, radio, books, etc) that it was perfectly ok for couples to engage in sex before marriage, suddenly the family unit began to fall apart. Children (within my generation) grew up believing that sleeping with whomever/wherever is perfectly normal.

Many societal problems actually stem from the fact that people refuse to incorporate morality (understanding right from wrong) into their daily lives. You may believe that homosexuality is right, but you will never be able to point out 1 positive aspect of homosexuality. It's a destructive behavior that will further add to the decline of society.

I do not hate you, I simply want more for the U.S. I don't want to see this nation in the next few years implode due to depravity.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:36 PM

29,381 posts, read 16,300,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I hear some people try to compare the gay marriage issue to what blacks went through. I just heard someone compare it to Jackie Robinson. Stop it. That's appalling. Homosexuals as men and women never suffered or are treated like blacks were. To make such a comparison is disgusting.

Civil rights are not being violated. You can do anything another normal man or woman can do.

This entire issue has been blown out of proportion with stupid rhetoric
You live a very sheltered life if you believe gay people have never been beaten and spit upon just as African Americans were.

no, gay people can not do anything that normal men and women can, they can not marry the person they love .

Old 03-27-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
OH MY GOD, THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!! I hope they bend over & start doing it right there in front of you in the restaurant, that'd be hilarious.
No, it would actually be sick. It's very telling that you believe it's ok for people to have public sex in front of families.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,356,767 times
Quote:
I hear some people try to compare the gay marriage issue to what blacks went through. I just heard someone compare it to Jackie Robinson. Stop it. That's appalling. Homosexuals as men and women never suffered or are treated like blacks were. To make such a comparison is disgusting.

Civil rights are not being violated. You can do anything another normal man or woman can do.

So you're gay and black?

Old 03-27-2013, 04:40 PM

4,838 posts, read 4,150,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
Actually, I care about the human race and the direction that this country is heading in. That's why I continue to speak out. When we sit idly by and simply condone evil acts, we open up the flood gates. A case in point is sex out of wedlock. When heterosexuals allowed the entertainment industry to dictate (via movies, tv, radio, books, etc) that it was perfectly ok for couples to engage in sex before marriage, suddenly the family unit began to fall apart. Children (within my generation) grew up believing that sleeping with whomever/wherever is perfectly normal.

Many of societal problems actually stem from the fact that people refuse to incorporate morality (understanding right from wrong) into their daily lives. You may believe that homosexuality is right, but you will never be able to point out 1 positive aspect of homosexuality. It's a destructive behavior that will further add to the decline of society.

I do not hate you, I simply want more for the U.S. I don't want to see this nation in the next few years implode due to depravity.
I think you have no idea what ethics is, you are severely lacking. Why would you hate me? You have no idea who I even am, what a stupid thing to say.

I suggest you people stop butting into the gay sex so much & start worrying about yourselves. The obsession is unhealthy.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:42 PM

4,838 posts, read 4,150,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
No, it would actually be sick. It's very telling that you believe it's ok for people to have public sex in front of families.
I said I thought it would be hilarious for you, I suspect you'd keel over in fright. Put down the bible & loosen up. You are not a barrel of laughs, truly.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
My daughter already knows that homosexuality is normal. She'll even be attending a "gay marriage" later this year. As for the kissing in front of us, she sees heterosexual couples and homosexual couples holding hands out in public. Even the occasional kiss. Doesn't phase her.

What is the issue?

If your kids are curious because you've shielded them from anything homosexual, the easiest answer to "Why are those two guys holding hands?" is "Because they want to". Just a tip from one mother to another. It's the same answer my dad gave when I asked him why a super fat lady was buying 20 bags of candy.
Children need to be protected and sheltered; that is one of the fundamental roles of being a parent. Furthermore, the mere fact that you teach your children that homosexuality is normal, tells me everything that I need to know about your mindset.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
What IS the issue? You cannot force someone to be attracted to someone they aren't attracted to.
With the right media influences, you can "normalize" any behavior, regardless of how repulsive it may be. Of course it doesn't happen over night, shifts in ideology, beliefs, and behaviors are gradual.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:58 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,710,131 times
Quote:

Is the bolded a joke? Do you have the foggiest clue what gays have gone through? How about forced into mental institutes to be stabbed through the eye socket with ice picks. Not to mention, executed, tortured, and imprisoned.

Legally, the same-sex marriage arguments are nearly identical to the interracial marriage arguments.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Who cares if you think it's a sin.
So you don't care if behaviors are sinful? The only thing that matters is that you enjoy engaging in those activities?

I'm sure there are many cannibals, rapists, adulterers, child predators and murderers who share the same viewpoint. After all, if they didn't enjoy those activities, they wouldn't engage in them right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies