Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 03:16 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

I think you did miss something.

There have been people that got HIV from a blood transfusion. Are they as bad as those others you villify?

It isn't about whether or not they are BAD, immoral, or anything else other that that they can cause a first responder to become incurably and possibly fatally infected for helping them. When that becomes a strong possibility, it is time to require these people carry an identifying item, i.e. a necklace, a bracelet, or maybe even a big tattoo that says, "I have TB", "I have HIV" or "I have AIDS" right in the middle of their foreheads.

A person's right to privacy regarding their potentially fatal virus should never trump another's right to life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 03:20 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
Kansas has become a joke. Its went to the looney toons side of politics. I would not be surprised to see them pass a law that would say you could stone someone to death for adultery. Newt, stay away from Kansas.

They don't have a lot to lose, no one wants to go there. Its flat hot in summer and cold in winter and just one butt ugly state.

Kansas is like the ugly girl at the prom saying she is not going to put out. OK no one really cares.

Thanks for the great idea! I think we'll get started on wording for that bill... I like it!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 03:26 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So if we're going to quarantine people with HIV for the greater good, both in terms of cost and lives, isn't that also a strong case for quarantining people who have the flu?

On average, 25,000 people die from flu complications every year in the U.S., and its overall cost to the U.S. economy is estimated at between 71 and 167 billion dollars per year.
What I was thinking, this is the camels nose under the tent for forced vaccinations. Those that refuse can be quarantined, along with smokers. They can't go to the grocery store without a hazmat suit, or perhaps not even then.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:34 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
So if we're going to quarantine people with HIV for the greater good, both in terms of cost and lives, isn't that also a strong case for quarantining people who have the flu?

On average, 25,000 people die from flu complications every year in the U.S., and its overall cost to the U.S. economy is estimated at between 71 and 167 billion dollars per year.
I had no IDEE-A that death was that expensive.

I hope Obamacare doesn't force me to buy life insurance naming the United States of America as beneficiary.

Most diseases are promoted or invented by Big Government and Big Business.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:39 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:

25,000 die and it costs the US economy 150 Billion?

Old 03-27-2013, 04:09 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
The 150 billion includes ALL flu-related expenses: lost work time, medical costs, etc.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:11 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
A person's right to privacy regarding their potentially fatal virus should never trump another's right to life.
OK, so would you voluntarily undergo an HIV test so you can prove you're exempt from those requirements?

Would you impose that requirement upon everyone in your state? And would you extend that to other transmissible illnesses, such as hepatitis?

And what about the flu -- it too is a potentially deadly virus. Should anyone who has the flu be required to sport a [temporary] tattoo on their forehead saying "I HAVE THE FLU"? And how exactly would the government go about ascertaining who has the flu at any given moment?

Old 03-27-2013, 04:29 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh snap.

Wish we had her back instead of Brownback but oh well.

It's possible that poster just doesn't respect women governors and thus discounted her.

The rampant sexism around here is really unsettling.
Yo:

My state has a female guv.

Yo:

I'm a female.

Looks like, as usual, you opened your little mouth before engaging your brain.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:24 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Doesn't everybody die? What if it cost more if they lived? How much will enforcing a quarantine cost?

Old 03-27-2013, 05:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Yep,too,late .That is waht they would mhave doen to that male ariline stewarddess if they had know ;eyars ago. not foig it caused alot of death in US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies