Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 04:04 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
No, but negative behavior is share by all ethnicities, but for some reason the actions of a few blacks reflects on all of them which does not happen to any other group. Now why is that? Even on CD what ethnicity is more demonized more than blacks?
Because whites tend to chastise their scum as a community whereas the black community tends to embrace their scum and crap on the educated successful among them as traitors!

Old 04-14-2013, 04:14 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Now white people go tanning. Go figure.

The main reason is the way most of us act.
I have to agree with this. It's not color of skin, at least for me, because I have met people with dark skin with whom I don't even think about skin color. It depends on how they act. I have a different response to a dark skinned person walking up to me in a suit with a smile on his face than one with his pants around his knees, underwear showing, gold around his neck, hood on, swaggering towards me with a scowl on his face like he's the baddest thing on the earth. Totally different response.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:06 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
No, but negative behavior is share by all ethnicities, but for some reason the actions of a few blacks reflects on all of them which does not happen to any other group. Now why is that? Even on CD what ethnicity is more demonized more than blacks?
Which has always been retarded because it evident that there are normal black people when you see

black new reporters
black politicians
black lawyers
black CEO's
black president

So because of a few GHETTO BLACKS, the whole race is painted with the same brush

Old 04-14-2013, 11:58 AM

73,010 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Because whites tend to chastise their scum as a community whereas the black community tends to embrace their scum and crap on the educated successful among them as traitors!
I disagree. I would say Blacks have been more afraid to talk about these issues, at least publicly. The Blacks who demonize those who get an education are often the underclass. What do educated and decent Black people do? They go looking for other places to live.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:17 PM

353 posts, read 395,341 times
My family taught me early on, to achieve and to make certain that I get my piece of the pie. I have always felt the need to excel. I've never been one to accept mediocrity.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:26 PM

353 posts, read 395,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Which has always been retarded because it evident that there are normal black people when you see

black new reporters
black politicians
black lawyers
black CEO's
black president

So because of a few GHETTO BLACKS, the whole race is painted with the same brush
In my opinion, low income blacks have hijacked black American culture. Many do not realize that people from around the globe watch rap & r&b and formulate negative opinions, based on the lyrics and rap videos. I really believe that if rap & r&b didn't exist in its present form, there would be far less negative stereotypes about black Americans.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:53 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
African Americans are discriminated against because people are dumb and insecure. People who have good self esteem don't worry about the color of some ones skin.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Dumb, insecure, and supremely ignorant.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:20 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,114 times
Blacks are discriminated against because Southern Democrats didn't want to lose power to blacks after the civil war.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:41 PM

73,010 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Blacks are discriminated against because Southern Democrats didn't want to lose power to blacks after the civil war.
Which shows that racism is not only a moral problem, it is a power issue. It is also an economic issue when you think about it. Jim Crow laws were designed to keep Blacks subjugated and poorer than Whites. Why? It was about control and power over others.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:45 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Which shows that racism is not only a moral problem, it is a power issue. It is also an economic issue when you think about it. Jim Crow laws were designed to keep Blacks subjugated and poorer than Whites. Why? It was about control and power over others.
Yep, There is a reason blacks don't support having IDs for voting. Southern whites completely suppressed black voting rights after seeing blacks get elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies