Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No, not at all. This is something that actually happened. What is disturbing is how much you are trying to downplay this.
I believe you. I am white, and my friend is black, and we used to go shopping sometimes on our lunch hour. More than once, store security followed her around. We worked in an office and were dressed in business clothes. We actually joked about going shopping together so I could clean up while security traipsed around following her.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,015,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
True however whites taught to be racist are far fewer by percentage than other races...blacks and other races tend to teach racism at the community level still....and that tends to be a major problem.

You really don't believe that do you?

Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonHenry View Post
I don't usually race bait but that's actually a good question. Yes they are discriminated against for being black, just like every race is discriminated against. Many of the stereotypes however are true and every race has a cross to bear. For whites, everybody automatically assumes we're racist. Asians, everybody assumes they can't drive and are extremely self centered. Blacks, everybody assumes they're violent and loud. Middle Easterners, everybody assumes they're terrorists and muslims. Latinos, everybody thinks they're dumb and dirty.

In the end, everybody is discriminated against and everybody is racist.

Having that...........in the USA, who controlls most high level jobs, wealth and is granted CREDIBILITY faster than any race? Whites!

Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
Why do people measure everything based on white perceptions? .

I was thinking the same thing. Blacks sure do give a damn about what whites think. I've always felt that blacks give whites way too much power over thier lives.

I remember when I used to work for others, the blacks would be SCARED to object to anything a white person said in the meetings. Even in the white person was wrong they wouldn't say anything.

It made them look so weak and dumb. I am Hispanc, I used to voice my POV just like the whites did.

Blacks need to wake up!

Old 04-18-2013, 12:12 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I believe you. I am white, and my friend is black, and we used to go shopping sometimes on our lunch hour. More than once, store security followed her around. We worked in an office and were dressed in business clothes. We actually joked about going shopping together so I could clean up while security traipsed around following her.
I just feel like some things shouldn't be downplayed. That's all. It isn't so much not being believed, but that fact that alot of people try to downplay discrimination.

And that situation you were talking about, stuff like that still happens. In my case, it wasn't security that followed me around. It was a store clerk that did that.

And the joke was quite funny in a way, with a dose of realism.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:49 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Until you disown the thug class you'll be lumped in with them...

I guarrantee any white person dressed like a biker or thug will be treated the same...the big difference is the black community embraces their thugs and you know it!

Old 04-18-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:

I guarrantee any white person dressed like a biker or thug will be treated the same...the big difference is the black community embraces their thugs and you know it!
You really believe that for a fact? I never said I liked the "thug class". And what about some of the White people who embrace biker culture and punk culture?

I have experience to dispute some of what you're saying. I've seen how White kids dressed somewhat rough vs Black kids get treated.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:48 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You really believe that for a fact? I never said I liked the "thug class". And what about some of the White people who embrace biker culture and punk culture?

I have experience to dispute some of what you're saying. I've seen how White kids dressed somewhat rough vs Black kids get treated.

Like I said...the white community as a whole chastises their lowlifes whereas the black community as a whole embraces theirs. Is that too hard to comprehend or see?

Old 04-19-2013, 03:48 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:

This is a fact and I have said this all along, that any time thug or ghetto behavior is brought up, it is either defended to some extent or excuses are made for it to justify it to some extent. Whites, as a rule, do not do this, neither do we hang with bikers or trailer trash. Blacks don't do enough to separate themselves from the lower class scum.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Like I said...the white community as a whole chastises their lowlifes whereas the black community as a whole embraces theirs. Is that too hard to comprehend or see?
If we "embrace" them, as you say, then why are so many Black people trying to run away from these types? Why are people like me trying to get an education and stay away from people like that?

And you know the irony of your statement? The largest consumer of rap music is young suburban Whites.

It doesn't surprise me that you would try to justify me being treated poorly or try to downplay it. I've seen this before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies