Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 05:57 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Congratulations and good luck to the parents and their baby.
The baby is a victim of child abuse. I pray for it's soul.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:20 AM

353 posts, read 395,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Normal is subjective. There's what you accept as normal, there's what I accept as normal, then there's what society at large accepts as normal.

In all three instances, they are completely different from one another and are completely subjective to the eye of the beholder.

Certainly you can see that, right?
Some people believe that pedophilia and incest are normal. Should we as a society uphold and endorse their version of normalcy?

Old 03-28-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Some heterosexual couples can't have children without the assistance of an outside party. Should they have to keep quiet about their pregnancies too?
Some heterosexual couples can not have children due to infertility issues. This is an abnormality, because something has gone wrong with either the man or woman's reproductive capabilities. Infertility however is not the norm within the general population.

It's not just a matter of children, it's a matter of recognition that marriage is between a man and a woman. It really doesn't matter if a woman can not give birth, she is still biologically a woman.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:34 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
Some heterosexual couples can not have children due to infertility issues. This is an abnormality, because something has gone wrong with either the man or woman's reproductive capabilities. Infertility however is not the norm within the general population.

It's not just a matter of children, it's a matter of recognition that marriage is between a man and a woman. It really doesn't matter if a woman can not give birth, she is still biologically a woman.
So marriage, for you, is all about the genitalia of the participating parties. Wow. For me it is about making a lasting commitment to the one I love, and having legal protections for my family.
But whatever floats your boat.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:44 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,237 times
Who cares? Does anyone even watch the Today show?

Old 03-28-2013, 06:46 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL because I don't dance in parades like this one or have sex with 1000+ men as the average homosexual man does, doesn't mean I'm lacking a life.
Wait! You think the average gay man has 1000+ sex partners? Where do you get that from?

Of the gays I know they are either in serious, long-term, monogamous relationships (with partners they truly love and care about) or they are single but desire the same love, respect and acceptance that the average straight person wants.

Homosexuality does not automatically equal promiscuity. Also, not all gays wear costumes and dance in parades. Some actually hate that stereotype.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:56 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,792 times
Quote:
Some people believe that pedophilia and incest are normal. Should we as a society uphold and endorse their version of normalcy?
There are societies that accept rape as "normal".

Old 03-28-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
So marriage, for you, is all about the genitalia of the participating parties. Wow. For me it is about making a lasting commitment to the one I love, and having legal protections for my family.
But whatever floats your boat.
Marriage is between a man and his wife.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Marriage is between a man and his wife.
Why does the genitalia of the participants matter?
Is love only valid between a penis and a vagina. I'm sorry, but I don't have the obsession with genitalia that you seem to have. I don't base my relationship on sex, or sexual organs. I base my relationship on love.

A penis and vagina is not a requirement for love, or marriage.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:11 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,395 times
Quote:
Why does the genitalia of the participants matter?
Is love only valid between a penis and a vagina. I'm sorry, but I don't have the obsession with genitalia that you seem to have. I don't base my relationship on sex, or sexual organs. I base my relationship on love.

A penis and vagina is not a requirement for love, or marriage.
A marriage is not about love. The criteria is not, if you 'love' them, then get married. Otherwise we'd have to expend the definition far above even gays getting it. Back throughout the history of marriage, most marriages were arranged, and the first time the couple spent any significant time together was when they were just married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies