Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Speaking of buzzwords.... In what way would your own marriage be "redefined" if gay people whom you don't even know are allowed to marry? Be specific.
What way would your own marriage be redefined if the government allowed men to marry rocks and women to marry giraffes? Since your own marriage isn't 'redefined' would you care if the government allowed that?

Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 AM

46,955 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It affects my life because this filth is being beamed into our homes and presented as normal. It makes this country morally weaker and sicker.
You're actually managing to feel persecuted because other people live in ways you don't approve of? That's fairly impressive.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:13 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You're actually managing to feel persecuted because other people live in ways you don't approve of? That's fairly impressive.
I know. Only weak individuals could be so negatively affected by the love lives of complete strangers.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:18 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
This, and other threads regarding gay marriage have gone "full retard", so to speak.

They look like they are causing more of a divide between the two sides, and even those that are neutral on it.

And please, can we stop butchering the word "normal". Some things aren't normal, but just because something isn't normal, doesn't mean there is something wrong with it.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And people said that whites and blacks were treated equally under miscegenation laws. Both were equally allowed to marry within their own race.
Just because the law was extended to blacks/whites doesn't mean the same principle applies to homosexuals. Just like extending it to homosexuals doesn't necessarily mean we will extend it to polygamy or incestual relationships or even some more extreme cases like pedophiles or bestiality.

Anyways, interracial laws banning interracial marriages discriminates against the interracial child who can ONLY be born to an interracial union. Nothing like that can be said for homosexuals.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
I have contacted CNN and told them that I will not watch when Anderson Cooper, or any other openly gay person is on. I will do the same with NBC about Jena busted lip. Also, Starbucks has permanently lost my business.
Good for you. I bet that's going to have a huge impact on the ratings and sales. But stop and think about it: you were watching them all along before they came out.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:25 AM

100 posts, read 161,344 times
I think it's wonderful that gay people can feel comfortable enough to go public about their lives. A couple in love - man and woman, woman and woman, man and man, if they want to be together then they should be together. It's not just the heteros that want to be parents either. Besides, it doesn't affect me at all and is not for me to judge how someone lives their lives. I'm glad the world is becoming more acceptible for people of all sexualities.

People need to catch up with the times and quit worrying about what goes on in someone elses love life.

Embrace diversity.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:36 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
My 6 yr old son
-has two married straight parents
-knows what gay is
-doesn't give a crap

Kids are smarter than people think. I think people like u are afraid gay is catchy. If we were in the dark ages you'd be burning witches and killing black cats.
So it's ok by you if your 6 year old watches janet jackson bare her chest when your kid is watching football?

He won't care and that';s good enough for you?

What about of some wingnut shoots someone in a mall robbery? Will that still be ok with you?

Serious questions..

I can tell you that if i took my grandson to see 4th of July Fire Works and he witnessed any unnatural acts it would take more than a few cops to to stop my outrage.

Or should i just throw a leg over my bike and ride out to Cal again and buy your kid all the beer he can stand and treat him as if he is over age 21... Get him laid while I'm at it...

Are you SURE?

Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
So it's ok by you if your 6 year old watches janet jackson bare her chest when your kid is watching football?

He won't care and that';s good enough for you?

What about of some wingnut shoots someone in a mall robbery? Will that still be ok with you?

Serious questions..

I can tell you that if i took my grandson to see 4th of July Fire Works and he witnessed any unnatural acts it would take more than a few cops to to stop my outrage.
Unnatural acts like what? You'd call the cops on some gays kissing? Who's the one making the scene? That'd be you.

Janet Jackson was an accident. You're still talking about it? Get over it.
Now tell me, why would anyone be ok w/a mall shooting? This one doesn't even make sense. You're so spitting mad about gays you can't even rationalize your thoughts.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:58 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Unnatural acts like what? You'd call the cops on some gays kissing? Who's the one making the scene? That'd be you.

Janet Jackson was an accident. You're still talking about it? Get over it.
Now tell me, why would anyone be ok w/a mall shooting? This one doesn't even make sense. You're so spitting mad about gays you can't even rationalize your thoughts.

Ironic considering his "Live free or die" status indicator!

Some people are not suited for life in a free country where people are afforded large amounts of liberty... no matter how much they pretend otherwise. They support the freedom to do things THEY want and are "comfortable" with.... and screw anyone else!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies