Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 12:17 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I have always been neutral on the subject of gay marriage, but the gay marriage activists are ruining it for me. I hate how in your face they are and how they automatically assume that anybody against gay marriage is a homophobic bigot. It almost makes me not want them to win with gay marriage issues because of how obnoxious they can be. I also hate how sensitive they can be. Like if somebody says "That's so gay" they get all offended.

Anybody else feel this way?
If you are so tired of it, why start another thread? Sensitive, how funny. It is the sensitive relgious people causing all the trouble, they are so delicate that they cannot share the idea of two men or two women loving each other and wanting to make a lasting, binding, legal and equal union. How about this for you, that is so christian of you. Not.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:19 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yes, and I've commented on it many times. I couldn't care less what gays do, and wish they'd keep it to themselves.
How about you straight people keep your straightness to yourselves, keep your dating sites and ads off of TV, stop posting about your marriages. Go into your straight closet and just be silent and happy being there.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:29 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
I have always been neutral on the subject of gay marriage, but the gay marriage activists are ruining it for me. I hate how in your face they are and how they automatically assume that anybody against gay marriage is a homophobic bigot. It almost makes me not want them to win with gay marriage issues because of how obnoxious they can be. I also hate how sensitive they can be. Like if somebody says "That's so gay" they get all offended.

No, only homophobic bigots feel this way. You're not fooling anyone.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:59 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,849,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I hear where your coming from. I'm pro gay marriage but I am very tired of hearing and reading about it. People act like it is the only issue in America today that deserves any attention.
How closely have you been reading about it? If the dozen or so threads about gay marriage here in the forum (and that's just on Page 1) are any indication, its the anti-gay crowd that's doing most of the talking.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:11 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
Yeah, if those silly gays would just shut up about not having equal rights then it would be fine. Doesn't matter they don't have equal rights, just shut up and keep trudging through life.

It's pretty much what is heard throughout gaining equal rights. "If those lousy Negros would just shut up about wanting equal rights...then it would be okay" (actual quote from an older relative before civil rights). "If those filthy liberal commie leftists wouldn't fill those Negros heads with equal rights, they could shut up and get back to work" (The Rum Diaries - Hunter S. Thompson). This isn't new at all, nor is this neutral. It's bigotry that a person is fine with discrimination and the group that is wanting equality is wrong.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:11 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Quote:
I have always been neutral on the subject of gay marriage, but the gay marriage activists are ruining it for me.
Everything isn't always just about you.

Quote:
I hate how in your face they are and how they automatically assume that anybody against gay marriage is a homophobic bigot.
Denying consenting adults the right to marry the person they love just because the person they love is the same sex is a pretty good indicator of bigotry against homosexuals. I know of not substantial rights that have been secured without somewhere along the way people of conscience making a public stand. If you choose to consider that getting in your face, that's on you.

Quote:
I'm sure that there are many people with a similarly faulty view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
People act like it is the only issue in America today that deserves any attention.
What I find most amusing about this comment is that someone said practically the same thing 'at' me in a recent thread about the ACA. And I'm pretty sure I've seen the same sentiment spewed at me in a recent thread discussing Social Security.

The rules of discussion forums is that each thread has a subject, and you generally keep your comments in that thread roughly within the confines of that subject. Are you suggesting that every message in every thread, and every conversation you have in person with anyone, should always be about everything that person is concerned about all-at-once?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
If you are so tired of it, why start another thread?
It's perhaps a matter of the erroneous presumption that the bigoted perspective deserves an unrebutted soap-box.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:39 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:

So what do you think it might feel like to be a gay or lesbian person?

Old 03-28-2013, 06:50 AM

37,173 posts, read 19,189,687 times
I am straight, but I have a numbeer of good friends whoi are gay and are personally negatively impacted by the current laws. This is America where "equal" is supposed to mean "equal".

As soon as it does, we'll shut up. Deal?

Old 03-28-2013, 06:57 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:

what are the ruining exactly...your neutrualness?

grow up

Old 03-28-2013, 06:59 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
I also hate how sensitive they can be. Like if somebody says "That's so gay" they get all offended.
Well, duh. It is offensive. They aren't being overly sensitive, you are being insensitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies