Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 07:10 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,648,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Well, duh. It is offensive. They aren't being overly sensitive, you are being insensitive.
What's offensive? "Gay" for homosexuality is a misnomer anyway. It's a word that belongs to everyone and has an altogether different meaning.

Why don't you all expand your vocabulary and find another word to define yourselves.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 AM

13,715 posts, read 31,066,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I hear where your coming from. I'm pro gay marriage but I am very tired of hearing and reading about it. People act like it is the only issue in America today that deserves any attention.
We wouldn't have to hear about it if it wasn't an issue. Maybe in the near future it won't be an issue and the noise will stop.

If gays marry, it has no affect on me, married to a woman. Marriage shouldn't have a financial affect on any of us but for now it does (as written in the tax code). I hope that goes away eventually.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:23 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,596,964 times
This is pure concern trolling. Pretend you support, or are not opposed, to the position, but it's just too, too awful the way people are going about it. You're sure that you and all your like-minded friends would be on the side of equal rights for gays if they were't just so mean about it.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,198,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylu View Post
I understand what you're saying. It's just like the African American community and the N word. they can get obnoxious but so can the people from the other side. I'd personally like it if they granted same-sex couples their rights but they just don't have to get up in my face about it. There is no reason why they can't express their views without causing a raucous.
Huh? What talk have you heard recently about blacks being "obnoxious" about the N-word?

The only hoopla I hear is from white people wondering why they can't say it (as if they don't anyway).

Old 03-28-2013, 08:32 AM

4,243 posts, read 7,150,197 times
Quote:
This is pure concern trolling. Pretend you support, or are not opposed, to the position, but it's just too, too awful the way people are going about it. You're sure that you and all your like-minded friends would be on the side of equal rights for gays if they were't just so mean about it.
Hah...learned a new concept! Concern trolling.

(& yeah...a LOT of threads on this...is this become a big issue or something? I know the USSC is hearing these cases, but is it that big a deal or that much of interest? Sure, its of intrest to gays/lesbians...but the way these threads are popping up left and right....)

Old 03-28-2013, 08:38 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
Hah...learned a new concept! Concern trolling.

(& yeah...a LOT of threads on this...is this become a big issue or something? I know the USSC is hearing these cases, but is it that big a deal or that much of interest? Sure, its of intrest to gays/lesbians...but the way these threads are popping up left and right....)
It's a big issue for gay people, of course.

It's a huge issue for bigots who see it as losing their last holdout of institutionalized discrimination. They lost the fight against women. They lost the fight against racial minorities. And now they're losing the fight against homosexuals. It's rather nauseating how obsessed they are with something that doesn't affect them in any way.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:49 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,615,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
How closely have you been reading about it? If the dozen or so threads about gay marriage here in the forum (and that's just on Page 1) are any indication, its the anti-gay crowd that's doing most of the talking.
My Facebook page seems to disagree, where there's a barrage of red "=" images accompanied by pro-gay comments and image quotes.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:52 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,841,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
My Facebook page seems to disagree, where there's a barrage of red "=" images accompanied by pro-gay comments and image quotes.
Yeah, mine too. How about that! Mostly from straight people. Isn't it great?

Try not to be so sensitive to everyone who is different from you.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:53 AM

315 posts, read 254,845 times
Two men or two women who marry down the street or down the road or in another town do absolutely nothing to my hetro marriage. How do they affect my or your man and woman marriage? Its legal is several countries like Argentina, so if it affect your marriage if you live in Iowa and someone in California has a same sex marriage, then it must be that when two same sex couples get married in Argentina it destroys your marriage. LOL you neo cons make me pee my pants laughing at you.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,946,456 times
I'll say it again. What 2 consenting adults do in their own bedroom, and whether or not they decide to marry or not regardless of if they are the same sex or not, does not effect me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies