Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 02:32 PM

30,627 posts, read 21,799,002 times

Advertisements

The main thing that drives my apathy is when Gay activist attack Hetero relationships without the concern that they are insulting their biggest group of supporters (Straights).

Last edited by LS Jaun; 03-28-2013 at 02:43 PM..

Old 03-28-2013, 02:55 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,313,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I have always been neutral on the subject of gay marriage, but the gay marriage activists are ruining it for me. I hate how in your face they are and how they automatically assume that anybody against gay marriage is a homophobic bigot. It almost makes me not want them to win with gay marriage issues because of how obnoxious they can be. I also hate how sensitive they can be. Like if somebody says "That's so gay" they get all offended.

Anybody else feel this way?
If people all around you were telling you that you couldn't marry the person you loved then you might be vocal about it to. We are only going to get LOUDER! And we will NEVER go away!

And the "that's so gay" comment is a statement of prejudice. Learn some manners, would ya? If you make comments like that then PLEASE align yourself with those who are against equality. This gay man (me) wants NOTHING from you.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:13 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,470,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The main thing that drives my apathy is when Gay activist attack Hetero relationships without the concern that they are insulting their biggest group of supporters (Straights).
I've missed those "attacks" on the "straight" relationships. Which are you referring to? Thanks.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM

36,941 posts, read 18,926,579 times
Quote:
Could we get a link of some kind on this? I seem to have overlooked it.

Thanks.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:37 PM

36,941 posts, read 18,926,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's also a big issue for the self-appointed Guardians of Morality.
I fully agree. They need to get out of gay bedrooms and back into women's pants where they belong.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:46 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,364,879 times
Quote:
I have always been neutral on the subject of gay marriage, but the gay marriage activists are ruining it for me. I hate how in your face they are and how they automatically assume that anybody against gay marriage is a homophobic bigot. It almost makes me not want them to win with gay marriage issues because of how obnoxious they can be. I also hate how sensitive they can be. Like if somebody says "That's so gay" they get all offended.

Yes, it's becoming obnoxious and the cheer leading by the media is also very loathsome. I sense a backlash brewing though.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:57 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,130,950 times
Nah...I mean, what do you expect..? Like any other minority group, gay rights activist feel like gays have been cheated out of equality and the only possible way they can change public opinion in any kind of broad sweeping sense is through time. They have to reach generation after generation until they have tuckered the bigots out in each generation by lowering their resolve thru telling them that "they've already lost", "your kind is dying off", "you're all alone and backwards", "everybody else is progressing into the new century" etc. Its too big of a burden on resources to do it the biological way of outbreeding the older conservative generations. Although gays do have their own kids, over time, that is an inefficient way to change society as thats an inefficient exercise of time and resources because its one that has thus far required sham marriages, surrogates, expensive invitro sessions etc. So yes, you're going to get "in your face" messaging, for lack of better words, if you use any kind of media.

But I suspect there is always going to be this ongoing battle, because conservatives are going to keep having children and indoctrinating them, and gay rights activists will always have to counter that indoctrination as a second hand countermeasure through media, politics and education. But I doubt it will ever be a true consensus on any of these issues. Thats why I just say everyone can do whatever they want to. Dont care about gay marriage or even straight marriage, for that matter...lol...IF I do have any kind of irritant about the gay rights movement, its just their lack of tolerance for different opinions. All sexuality is a choice, as far as Im concerned and I fully respect each and every person's right to make whatever choices they want in life as long as it doesnt harm others. For some reason though this perspective, makes gay rights activist go absolutely apesh*t..but oh well, everybody's different...

Last edited by soletaire; 03-28-2013 at 06:06 PM..

Old 03-28-2013, 06:04 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,451,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
If you are so tired of it, why start another thread? Sensitive, how funny. It is the sensitive relgious people causing all the trouble, they are so delicate that they cannot share the idea of two men or two women loving each other and wanting to make a lasting, binding, legal and equal union. How about this for you, that is so christian of you. Not.
Well said and I might add, that just maybe if they are given the same rights to marry as everyone else, then maybe they wouldn't have to be in your face about it all the time. Just a thought.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:05 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,451,110 times
Quote:
Really? So straights are their biggest supporters? Gays attack hetero relationships? Since when?

Old 03-28-2013, 06:07 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,660,433 times
Quote:

They are a group of people who live to shock, to offend, to disrupt. And if "gay rights" activism and perverse sexual behavior weren't such an effective tool toward that end, it would be something else.

There is no issue but for the one that they manufactured and sold to a population so pathetically lost that enthusiasm for the stark raving madness of the idea of a man marrying another man is what one must exude or be scorned and shunned. The inmates are truly running the asylum and we have no one to blame but our collective sorry selves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies