Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,805,529 times

Advertisements

I have always been neutral on the subject of gay marriage, but the gay marriage activists are ruining it for me. I hate how in your face they are and how they automatically assume that anybody against gay marriage is a homophobic bigot. It almost makes me not want them to win with gay marriage issues because of how obnoxious they can be. I also hate how sensitive they can be. Like if somebody says "That's so gay" they get all offended.

Anybody else feel this way?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,782,865 times
I hear where your coming from. I'm pro gay marriage but I am very tired of hearing and reading about it. People act like it is the only issue in America today that deserves any attention.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,625,232 times
Yes, and I've commented on it many times. I couldn't care less what gays do, and wish they'd keep it to themselves.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 PM

1,127 posts, read 901,509 times
No, I don't know many gay activists, maybe because I'm not gay.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:55 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,368,657 times
Pretty much anyone that is in your face about any subject lile that goes on auto ignore with me. Doesnt matter if i even am on the fence and am open to agreeing with you. If youre going to be an obnoxious prick about it your cause is toast to me ... I do too secretly wish they fail also!

Before anyone rides their high horse into town with their mouth foaming just dieing to misquote me so they can make a post, i am not a homophobe etc etc etc throw whatever bs that is standard for you playbook

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-28-2013, 12:00 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,825,928 times
I wish the gays would just get a life and start bitching about something else - there are far more WAY more important things in life than SSM that need sorting out.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:00 AM

585 posts, read 962,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I have always been neutral on the subject of gay marriage, but the gay marriage activists are ruining it for me. I hate how in your face they are and how they automatically assume that anybody against gay marriage is a homophobic bigot. It almost makes me not want them to win with gay marriage issues because of how obnoxious they can be. I also hate how sensitive they can be. Like if somebody says "That's so gay" they get all offended.

Anybody else feel this way?
I understand what you're saying. It's just like the African American community and the N word. they can get obnoxious but so can the people from the other side. I'd personally like it if they granted same-sex couples their rights but they just don't have to get up in my face about it. There is no reason why they can't express their views without causing a raucous.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,625,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Pretty much anyone that is in your face about any subject lile that goes on auto ignore with me. Doesnt matter if i even am on the fence and am open to agreeing with you. If youre going to be an obnoxious prick about it your cause is toast to me ... I do too secretly wish they fail also!

Before anyone rides their high horse into town with their mouth foaming just dieing to misquote me so they can make a post, i am not a homophobe etc etc etc throw whatever bs that is standard for you playbook

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
I'm sure you're a bigot at heart, lol. That seems to be the gay agenda. If you don't march with them, you're a bigot. You know.........kinda like if you didn't vote for 0bama, you're a racist.

Unfortunately, that's how the left reaches their misguided conclusions. They're all about little code words to define what doesn't march in lockstep with them. Someone on MSNBC throws the word out and they run with it!

Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 AM

1,127 posts, read 901,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm sure you're a bigot at heart, lol. That seems to be the gay agenda. If you don't march with them, you're a bigot. You know.........kinda like if you didn't vote for 0bama, you're a racist.

Unfortunately, that's how the left reaches their misguided conclusions.

I heard a White supremacist make the same claim, we know it's bs, because KKK types voted for Obama.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:12 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,061,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh please. Here's the proper analogy using race. Calling a person who supports banning gay marriage a bigot is like calling a person who supports banning black people from marrying a racist.

Last edited by hammertime33; 03-28-2013 at 12:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies