Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times

Advertisements

Throw the book at him!!

Signed,
William J. Jefferson aka Mr. Freeze

Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It's great to see another one of these GOP crooks thrown in the can where they belong

"The former chairman of the Florida Republican Party was sentenced on Wednesday for stealing $125,000 in party funds, according to the StarTribune. Circuit Judge Marc Lubet sentenced Jim Greer to 18 months in prison after he pleaded guilty to five charges.
“I feel that this crime deserves prison,” Lubet told Greer. “You egregiously violated a position of trust.”
Greer was arrested in 2010 and charged with one count of organized scheme to defraud, four counts of felony grand theft and one count of money laundering. The organized fraud charge was dropped as part of his plea deal."

Former Florida Republican chairman gets 18-months in jail for grand theft | The Raw Story
I am always happy to see corrupt politicians and criminals go to jail. But do you really think your post is any more meaningful politically than Jesse Jackson Jr's guilty plea? Or that of Rod Blagoyevich? Both happened to be Democrats. Or William Jefferson, the Democratic House Member from Louisiana, convicted of bribery? The prosecutor of Jefferson said he was guilty of "the most extensive and pervasive pattern of corruption in the history of Congress."

Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I thought Republicans never do anything illegal....that is the claim the far right is always making about their party they seem to worship so much.
I bet all he had to do was just say "Uh ummm,....I didn't spend all your taxdollars on my lavish lifestyle, I spent it on, uh, fighting against obummer that gunna take yerrrrr gunnnnnnnnzzzzzzz!!! I need even more or he'll take em' all!" Then his donors wouldn't care, and likely give him substantially more.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:42 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
I bet all he had to do was just say "Uh ummm,....I didn't spend all your taxdollars on my lavish lifestyle, I spent it on, uh, fighting against obummer that gunna take yerrrrr gunnnnnnnnzzzzzzz!!! I need even more or he'll take em' all!" Then his donors wouldn't care, and likely give him substantially more.
Jesse Jackson Jr. spent $750,000 of his campaign money on his lifestyle. The GOP guy spent party money (lets say it is essentially someone's campaign money). Both stole money.

Jesse Jackson Jr. was a Congressman at the time, while the GOP guy was just a party guy - not in office, not making laws. Both belong in jail - but the crime is more significant when committed by a person in office.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/21/us...raud.html?_r=0

Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I guess I do not understand how anyone can wish bad just because they are so one sided. If he is guilty and obviously he is, I am glad he will spend time in jail, but not because he is a Rep or a Dem. I felt the same way when the dear governor of Il got the shaft. the fact he was a Dem had nothing to do with it, the fact he was a criminal did!!!!
Political affiliation matters more to some people than criminal or not to some people, like the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I thought Republicans never do anything illegal....that is the claim the far right is always making about their party they seem to worship so much.
Case in point.

Another BS lie from the left. Are you people simply incapable of telling the truth, or do you really believe the stuff you make up?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:31 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,572,390 times
Michael Bachman will the next be republican to be in prison for 7 to 10 yrs for doing pretty much the same thing miss using campaign funds

Old 03-29-2013, 04:22 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Another BS lie from the left. Are you people simply incapable of telling the truth, or do you really believe the stuff you make up?
The right wingers think everyone in the GOP walks on water and could never do anything wrong....

When they do screw up, their obedient sheep just deflect, try to blame the dems, or troll. Sacking up and calling out their crooks is impossible to them.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:44 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Good.

Politicians are not above the law.
That would come as a shock to many on both sides of the aisle.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
The right wingers think everyone in the GOP walks on water and could never do anything wrong....

When they do screw up, their obedient sheep just deflect, try to blame the dems, or troll. Sacking up and calling out their crooks is impossible to them.
You certainly don't want to answer the question about the Dems who are behind bars or admit guilt do you? Can't you understand wrong is wrong and it happens to both sides? Show me one Republican that has ever said no GOP does anything wrong...Just one, that's all!!!

Old 03-29-2013, 06:45 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
It's great to see another one of these GOP crooks thrown in the can where they belong

"The former chairman of the Florida Republican Party was sentenced on Wednesday for stealing $125,000 in party funds, according to the StarTribune. Circuit Judge Marc Lubet sentenced Jim Greer to 18 months in prison after he pleaded guilty to five charges.
“I feel that this crime deserves prison,” Lubet told Greer. “You egregiously violated a position of trust.”
Greer was arrested in 2010 and charged with one count of organized scheme to defraud, four counts of felony grand theft and one count of money laundering. The organized fraud charge was dropped as part of his plea deal."

Former Florida Republican chairman gets 18-months in jail for grand theft | The Raw Story

So what? He'll just join all of the Democrats that are already in there. Maybe you are just ignorant enough to not realize how many Democrats have gone to jail.

Last edited by Scotty011; 03-29-2013 at 07:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies