Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 07:53 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,905,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There was considerable resistance to DWI checkpoints as being illegal searches and unconsitutional, no question that the rate of deaths due to drunken drivers went down after DWI check were instituted and people changed their behavior.
And now we need strict laws for cell phones and assorted other devices when driving. You PC people need to learn how to shut up.... Any day I drive someone texting or talking comes over the center line at me...

I don't hear and so i don't even own a cell phone... I know where that paint line IS. And this comes from people who can't ever drive stick shift, people who can barely steer a car.... LOL
Most moderns are lucky they don't poke an eye out with a fork just eating these days..

Getting busted for texting while driving should get you 10 years no parole, no lic ever again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 07:55 PM

56,990 posts, read 25,952,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Maybe, just maybe, if there had been some sort of law which would have held the registered gun owner somewhat responsible legally for leaving their guns accessible to people with any kind of background with mental issues, just maybe Nancy Lanza would have been far more careful and watchful regarding her son and the guns. Maybe.
There should be laws restricting ownership if you live with someone that is at risk, whether it's someone with a criminal or mental back ground but there is presently nothing in the system to capture those issues.

Adam Lanza actually was denied a purchase at a local gun shop beforfe the murders, if not for his mother being extremely careless the system would have worked

Old 03-31-2013, 07:58 PM

56,990 posts, read 25,952,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
And now we need strict laws for cell phones and assorted other devices when driving. You PC people need to learn how to shut up.... Any day I drive someone texting or talking comes over the center line at me...

I don't hear and so i don't even own a cell phone... I know where that paint line IS. And this comes from people who can't ever drive stick shift, people who can barely steer a car.... LOL
Most moderns are lucky they don't poke an eye out with a fork just eating these days..

Getting busted for texting while driving should get you 10 years no parole, no lic ever again.
Surely you disagree with DWI Checkpoints, they are unconstitutional correct??

Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Maybe, just maybe, if there had been some sort of law which would have held the registered gun owner somewhat responsible legally for leaving their guns accessible to people with any kind of background with mental issues, just maybe Nancy Lanza would have been far more careful and watchful regarding her son and the guns. Maybe.
Just maybe if the doctors nurses lawyers, judges and social workers had really done their jobs and locked that punk up for life for being a wacko who couldn't cope and should have been removed from open society in the first place this would not have happened.

Now just maybe if these same people who earned profit off the situation before it happened were to be tried and go to jail for a long long time it would put teeth in the medical and justice system.

Lock up the wackos even if it does hurt their feelings...... Quit pampering and coddling wackos and STOP telling them they agree equal or will be equal someday... Screw that just lock them up.

0 parole for violent crimes..... 1 crime you do the whole time.....

Anyone who is parole and repeats a life of crime the entire parole board goes to jail and serves as if they did the crime because in a way they DID!

Just quit pretending. You PC people are very sick border line insane.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Surely you disagree with DWI Checkpoints, they are unconstitutional correct??
Yup I do, and as far as i know they don't happen in NH. If they do i never hit one yet in NH. I hit one at high noon is western NY once. I was lost too.. Well i didn't know where i was when everyone was stopped.

The stop didn't go well for the cops I would have to say... I didn't have any right answers of course. Evidently NY cops can't read a lick either as i pointed out my tags were out of state and i was just passing thru. then i don't drink...... They wanted to look inside my truck and I told them thru the windows was fine.
By that point I knew besides booze they were looking for a man. I wasn't that man my wife wasn't and there was no one else.

No one was very happy with me when I left but I don't always play well with others and a sticker on my truck says so.

I think most of all, one ossifer really was upset as i left because he stepped out behind the truck as i applied the gas I'ld have to say he was struck with hot sticky rubber, my foot slipped.

You see if i see one bad apple in the barrel it's just making hard cider to me. When you see one bad apple in the barrel the whole barrel is suspect.

you can trade all your Rights for all I care for what ever security you think the officials will offer.

But you can't trade any of my Rights no matter how bad you want... I never had any security my whole life and i sure don't want any now.

In my past people have wanted me to do numerous things I would not do and have even offered lots of money. I am not for sale.. You think because i am hard I am bad..... That's fine with me, but my wife knows far better, and that is all I care about.

All winter my wife has been going places with me most people fear out in the real cold.. The other day she told me she is confident in my woods land ability and has never felt fear.

It isn't that cold anymore, but we were out today hunting chaga. We found many and got them on GPS for later harvest.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:33 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,141,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I am still trying to figure out how anyone, especially law enforcement can consider 6 firearms and ~1400 rounds of ammo to be an arsenal?

as of counting today, I have 317 firearms and 822,000 rounds of centerfire ammo. even my friends (some of them are cops) dont think I have an arsenal.
You have that constitutional right. Unfortunately there are many in our society that think any more than one box of bullets is unjustified.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 AM

12,902 posts, read 13,236,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You have that constitutional right. Unfortunately there are many in our society that think any more than one box of bullets is unjustified.
Ignorant busybodies, they are.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:19 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,022,208 times
I think If Adam was not on drugs we might of been able to hang out. We do have somethings in common. Not really into knives but love the sport of shooting. But I don't hang out with drug addicts or people on happy pills. They seem real unstable to me. And giving them guns is very scary.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:29 AM

12,902 posts, read 13,236,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I think If Adam was not on drugs we might of been able to hang out. We do have somethings in common. Not really into knives but love the sport of shooting. But I don't hang out with drug addicts or people on happy pills. They seem real unstable to me. And giving them guns is very scary.
It's against federal law for addicts to have firearms. Texas state law too.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,622,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
It's against federal law for addicts to have firearms. Texas state law too.
There's nothing to indicate Adam Lanza used drugs of any kind, illegal or prescription.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies