Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 11:44 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Everyone knows why you need yer guns (compensation issues, for the most part). It's when criminals and paychopaths access them without so much as a background check, that's when we have a problem.
Everyone knows this? Compensation issues for the most part? Compensation for what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
*yawn* So whats the big deal? This is a typical Tea Partiers arsenal at home...
If this is what you visualize when you hear the word "arsenal" you'd scream like a little ***** in the home of any real gun enthusiast.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:46 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Not much of an arsenal, looks like he could have done some shopping.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Yeah, lets do away with ALL laws since criminals won't follow them anyway. Great idea.
No, we should only do away with the ones that restrict law abiding citizens from exercising their rights while accomplishing nothing to stop criminals.

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The problem is that these gun free zones were needed in the first place.
No, they weren't. What was needed then, just like what is needed now, is for current firearms legislation to be enforced. Passing more firearms legislation because the old legislation is too expensive/complicated/time-consuming to enforce is the height of stupidity.

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
Let Freedom Ring.

A person uses their gun rights or liberty wrongly and some suggest suspending such rights and liberty for all. However there are many things, rights and liberties that can be abused besides guns, so should we suspend all rights and liberties?

A person uses the internet to bully but we don't ban the internet or iphone, a person kills while DUI but we don't ban all cars or alcohol.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
All that and he chose to take in hand guns. Leaving the bad black rifle in the trunk.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:52 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Gun Free means Shooting Gallery doesn't it? Or do you have law abiding criminals where you are?
Did you think criminals are born, and that a law abiding citizen today cannot be a criminal tomorrow? If so, I pity you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
No, they weren't. What was needed then, just like what is needed now, is for current firearms legislation to be enforced. Passing more firearms legislation because the old legislation is too expensive/complicated/time-consuming to enforce is the height of stupidity.
You can't enforce something if it doesn't exist. And if it exists, and isn't enforced, you can't blame legislation.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
*yawn* So whats the big deal? This is a typical Tea Partiers arsenal at home...
No it isn't..... We don't have toy swords and crappy junk like on that list.. That stuff is the mark of a retard kid punklet who will never amount to anything higher than mom's skirt.

You PC are just that way......

I made a Germanic short hunting sword which is used as the coup de gras. This item was made for sale and fully usable. I made the blade and heat treated the blade and that blade was 24 inches long. The handle was made of carved exotic hard wood and was inlaid with fine sterling wire twisted to be a cord in 4 places that spiraled around the grip. and ended in a finale knob all hand filed and decorated in steel.

A man I took for a gentlemen approached and remarked on the item and seemed interested to have a better look (in his hands). He inspected the item and the quality and then passed the item to his teen son, who instantly went Ninja on me.

That kid was waving a weapon all around and other people were in range, and his IDIOT FOOL PC Father didn't do a thing to stop him!

I got up from my seat and slapped that kid to the ground where then I took back my item and wiped it clean and told his father that if he wasn't out of my sight in 5 milliseconds he was next!

I just happen to have a low threshold for Stupid and Political Correctness BS!

The PC wouldn't know a toy sword from a real one. Most of the toy swords bought for kids these days are made of junk chevy and old subaru mild recovered steel and you can tie that steel in a knot with your bare hands..... But i wouldn't expect the PC to be able to know the difference.

Most PC can't tell the difference between silver and aluminum by looking..

Old 03-28-2013, 11:57 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You can't enforce something if it doesn't exist. And if it exists, and isn't enforced, you can't blame legislation.
I don't blame legislation. Legislation is nothing more than words on paper. What I blame is the idiots who call for more legislation to be stacked on top of legislation that is not enforced to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies