Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 06:42 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,653,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They skip the "Thou shalt not kill" part in the old testament.

Forget the bible, this is the part I don't get: Ask any "progressive" and they'll pat themselves on the back and tell you they are the kings and queens of technological change...except apparently when it comes to sonograms. Then they don't want to look. When the government made it legal to kill babies, perhaps the technology at the time didn't convince them that that's a person in there but what's their excuse now? Now they've become the See No Evil monkey...trotting out risk to the mother's life. What about the majority of abortions? Let's whip out those sonogram images.
Most, if not all, women already get a sonogram prior to an abortion. The issue is NOT the sonogram itself but the TYPE of sonogram that providers are being forced to perform. Why is this so hard to understand?

As for the OP, already answered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 06:44 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,927,961 times
s
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They skip the "Thou shalt not kill" part in the old testament.

Forget the bible, this is the part I don't get: Ask any "progressive" and they'll pat themselves on the back and tell you they are the kings and queens of technological change...except apparently when it comes to sonograms. Then they don't want to look. When the government made it legal to kill babies, perhaps the technology at the time didn't convince them that that's a person in there but what's their excuse now? Now they've become the See No Evil monkey...trotting out risk to the mother's life. What about the majority of abortions? Let's whip out those sonogram images.
You are right technology moves very quickly, so what technology would you like to use? what is the concesus from the right of the definition of life and when a life is viable or considered human?

What would the law look like? write a draft of what you are seeking using the new technology available as your guide?

Fetal heartbeat using a stethoscope? is that high tech enough?

Likeness to human using a sonogram?

what is the consensus method and rule?

Old 03-29-2013, 07:06 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,792,358 times
From a practical familiar tribal point of view...It is about the blood. Recently my brother mentioned that his son who has a girlfriend who is much older than him..(he is a very tall young man who looks like he is 20) - the fact is he is only 15...He has a very shrewd girlfriend who is 19...I heard a rumor..that this young woman is not from a good back ground..she is bright but has proved to be dishonest.

Also- I heard that this young woman might be pregnant. Well we had a quiet family discussion. We are pro-life in every respect except for one...If the family are taken for suckers...If it is true that the possible child to be belongs to the young boy..Then the family will offer full support...If a DNA test is run and we find out that the child to be is not from the young boy- It would be best to "get rid of it" _When a woman deceives and abuses her reproductive ability to gain some sort of control...Then that is the deal breaker.

You can abort who every you want- Just don't abort one of ours..so my pro-life stance is tribal and personal...If the child is not part of the family..then good bye "fetus".

Old 03-29-2013, 10:04 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,291,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
From a practical familiar tribal point of view...It is about the blood. Recently my brother mentioned that his son who has a girlfriend who is much older than him..(he is a very tall young man who looks like he is 20) - the fact is he is only 15...He has a very shrewd girlfriend who is 19...I heard a rumor..that this young woman is not from a good back ground..she is bright but has proved to be dishonest.

Also- I heard that this young woman might be pregnant. Well we had a quiet family discussion. We are pro-life in every respect except for one...If the family are taken for suckers...If it is true that the possible child to be belongs to the young boy..Then the family will offer full support...If a DNA test is run and we find out that the child to be is not from the young boy- It would be best to "get rid of it" _When a woman deceives and abuses her reproductive ability to gain some sort of control...Then that is the deal breaker.

You can abort who every you want- Just don't abort one of ours..so my pro-life stance is tribal and personal...If the child is not part of the family..then good bye "fetus".
Understood. You're vehemently pro-life unless it's inconvenient for you.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:07 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,346,600 times
I'm not christian nor was I raised christian so why would I quote something I don't believe in.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Unlike with gay marriage, there is no agenda with abortion. Why would there be, when it is already legal? Pro choice people simply do not see abortion as taking a life, so they don't see anything wrong with it. Their attitude amazes me, because to me abortion is pure horror.
You're a Christian are you not? Look at it this way....those little aborted souls will fly heavenward stright into the arms of Jesus. No need to face the sins, trials and tribulations of a mortal life. It's like a "get out of jail free" card.
Problem?

Old 03-29-2013, 10:47 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You're a Christian are you not? Look at it this way....those little aborted souls will fly heavenward stright into the arms of Jesus. No need to face the sins, trials and tribulations of a mortal life. It's like a "get out of jail free" card.
Problem?
The problem is murder, - the shedding of innocent blood.

There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:
haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The problem is murder, - the shedding of innocent blood.

There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:
haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.
So the abortionists whose hands are shedding innocent blood will go to your hell. The souls of the babies will still fly stright up to reside in the loving arms of Jesus.
Furthermore, why did your Lord command the miscarriages of cheating wives? It's right there in Numbers. Maybe some babies' souls are more special than otheres?

If you believe in the Lord, don't have an abortion. Seems pretty simple. Just because you choose to believe in a magic sky wizard has nothing to do with the rest of us.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:36 PM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So the abortionists whose hands are shedding innocent blood will go to your hell. The souls of the babies will still fly stright up to reside in the loving arms of Jesus.
Furthermore, why did your Lord command the miscarriages of cheating wives? It's right there in Numbers. Maybe some babies' souls are more special than otheres?

If you believe in the Lord, don't have an abortion. Seems pretty simple. Just because you choose to believe in a magic sky wizard has nothing to do with the rest of us.
Condoning / approving murder is pretty bad in my eyes, but obviously not in yours. We will have to agree to disagree.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:26 PM

717 posts, read 646,596 times
Abortion is not murder. Murder is a legal term referring to the unlawful taking of a life, abortion is not unlawful hence not murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies