U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:57 PM

1,571 posts, read 1,813,153 times

Advertisements

While the administration would like us to believe we're moving upward, various stats suggest otherwise. I've said it before, that the people that really NEEDED THE BAILOUT didn't get it. If the economy had been healthy for the blue-collar worker, none of the bailouts would have been needed. Now, one of their major indicators is showing that the economy's upward trend isn't even a flash in the pan.
Quote:
These are the states that showed the biggest increase in unlisted foreclosure inventory, homes that have started the foreclosure process but are not yet for sale:
  • New York: 129%
  • Florida: 82%
  • New Jersey: 49%
  • Washington: 41%
  • Pennsylvania: 39%
  • Illinois: 37%
  • Massachusetts: 33%
  • Indiana: 32%
  • Arkansas: 30%
  • Ohio: 25%
  • South Carolina: 24%
But, the news isn't all bad.
Quote:

These are the states that showed the biggest decrease in unlisted foreclosure inventory:
  • Oregon: down 50%
  • California: down 31%
  • Nevada: down 26%
  • Utah: down 25%
  • Georgia: down 21%
  • Michigan: doesn 19%
  • Virginia: down 18%
  • Arizona: down 15%
  • Tennessee: down 13%
  • Colorado: down 13%
  • Texas: down 11%
Still, overall, nation wide, foreclosures are up by 9%. I don't see that as getting better. I see it as getting worse. In spite of all the other indicators, I don't believe we've seen the bottom yet. But, I'm hoping that we're at least near it.
Foreclosures up 9% over last year - MSN Real Estate
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 02:51 PM

40,959 posts, read 22,212,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
While the administration would like us to believe we're moving upward, various stats suggest otherwise. I've said it before, that the people that really NEEDED THE BAILOUT didn't get it.
Yea, I know a hard working guy who tried and he didn't get any help. Does anyone know of anyone that got help with their underwater mortgage?

Old 03-30-2013, 03:05 PM

48,508 posts, read 87,642,016 times
I think one can see that Obama policies as far ahs his wants is more wel alth shring much like what has destroyed much of europes GDP. its a huge shift of priate to public wealth then redistributed accordig to politics in reality. Its just like the welth redistributio started in the mid 60';s tho in thast the reality is more at the bottom and less private investemnt i areas that creat jobs and more in using less labor because it makes econmic sense more with higher total labor cost. The increase in labor healthcare cost will do the same :IMO.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:08 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,194,040 times
Yeah, it's far from being over.. I think we have only seen the begining... I hope I'm wrong on this...

Old 03-30-2013, 03:13 PM

17,252 posts, read 16,029,558 times
If you're doing well, there's money in the bank and the bills are all paid, it's hard to know what's really going on. Most folks hear what's being blasted by the leftist media monopoly that's spoon feeding half baked propaganda. The majority of new job growth has either been very high paying, or very low paying, but not much in between. It's hard to cover a mortgage on a low paying job, which is why the housing market is still fledgling along. Of course, every other month, we keep hearing about how the housing market is finally on it's way back...

Prices might go up, but when foreclosures rise concurrently, something isn't right. Basically, the economy is still screwed up, but the left is always blasting little victories. You know, every time unemployment drops 0.1%, it's time to break out the bubbly. Complete silence when UE retreats back 0.1%.

Clearly, those Obama policies were not good. Libs will say the sky would have fallen if it wasn't for their savior, but the truth is, Obama's policies merely shifted burdens, and delayed the suffering. None of the fundamental problems that face our economy were ever address. At the end of the day, the wealthiest members of society recouped any loss, and then went on to vastly improve their positions. The poor got Obama phones. The middle class got nothing except a windbag of an empty suit with an ample supply of empty promises. Obama is the poster boy for the demise of the middle class.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:29 PM

5,094 posts, read 4,559,405 times
Barry Obama is not qualified to offer any advise on economics. He has no experience or background. I want to see his college transcripts from Occidental college.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:30 PM

40,959 posts, read 22,212,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Barry Obama is not qualified to offer any advise on economics. He has no experience or background.
It shows too. But damn!!! he sure knows how to spend our money.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:36 PM

5,094 posts, read 4,559,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It shows too. But damn!!! he sure knows how to spend our money.

Barack is a grifter who hustled himself into office.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:11 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,123,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
While the administration would like us to believe we're moving upward, various stats suggest otherwise. I've said it before, that the people that really NEEDED THE BAILOUT didn't get it. If the economy had been healthy for the blue-collar worker, none of the bailouts would have been needed. Now, one of their major indicators is showing that the economy's upward trend isn't even a flash in the pan.
But, the news isn't all bad.
Still, overall, nation wide, foreclosures are up by 9%. I don't see that as getting better. I see it as getting worse. In spite of all the other indicators, I don't believe we've seen the bottom yet. But, I'm hoping that we're at least near it.
Foreclosures up 9% over last year - MSN Real Estate

House GOP Votes to End Foreclosure Help Program

The above link explain how republicans voted against the laws that stop people from getting their homes foreclosed on, (and how Obama is for helping these people keep their homes.) Could you have posted a bigger lie ??

Republicans are against helping people keep their homes, just like their against raising min wage, against welfare, against giving everyone health insurance, against giving anyone except the rich their "trickle down tax cuts", ex.ex.

And Americas financial problems are simple,

Reagan did "trickle down" tax cuts for the rich and created huge deficits.
Clinton reversed Reagan's "trickle down" tax policies and created surpluses, and paid down our national debt.
GW Bush did "trickle down" tax cuts and turned Clinton's surpluses into deficits, and then GW Bush attacked Iraq for nothing and our deficits went through the roof.

And GW Bush's biggest tax cuts for billionaires happened while Obama was in office, and Obama has to pay for Bush's for nothing Iraq war. That's why Obama deficits are so big.

The following link shows Americas debt history, and it shows how our debt growth is going (down) since Obama took office. Look at the "Growth Rate YoY" section.
http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

Its ironic how you talk about Americas financial well being, when you voted for Mitt Romney and his $6.6 trillion dollars of tax cuts for Americas rich. That whole $6.6 trillion dollars would have been added to Americas national debt, and also financed the building of US factories in China.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

And to anyone not hooked on Fox news and Rush radio yet,

The following Australian documentary explains how Fox news and Rush radio CEO's manipulate these people as if they were retarded sheep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSAzYWmsiwI

Old 03-30-2013, 07:07 PM

17,252 posts, read 16,029,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
House GOP Votes to End Foreclosure Help Program

The above link explain how republicans voted against the laws that stop people from getting their homes foreclosed on, (and how Obama is for helping these people keep their homes.) Could you have posted a bigger lie ??
You mean the republicans don't want to fortify a false economy in which people who make irresponsible financial choices are immune from consequence? As in, us tax payers are expected to bail them out? Sorry, but Joe taxpayer is about wiped out already, largely due to Obamanomics and the left's love of throwing money at every problem imaginable.

Quote:
Republicans are against helping people keep their homes, just like their against raising min wage, against welfare, against giving everyone health insurance, against giving anyone except the rich their "trickle down tax cuts", ex.ex.
If you are looking to a politician for all your quick fixes, you're looking in the wrong place. If you require the government's assistance to keep a roof over your head, you shouldn't have made the purchase in the first place. That's the way it has always been, and that's the way it will always be, unless Obama succeeds in his efforts to turn the U.S.A. into the U.S.S. of A.. I'm sure you libs would love to be assigned to predesignated dwellings by the government, and given appliances and allowances on an as need basis.

And no matter how high your minimum wage gets, prices and COL will always be a reflection of the current market rates for labor. If anything, raising minimum wage would punish those who have been saving in a ZIRP environment, thanks to your dictator in chief and company. Yes, a real man of the people... Just not the responsible and sensible people.

And Obama isn't giving everyone health care. If you can't afford it, you will be paying a fine for not having it. And just like anything the government touches, it will be more expensive to purchase. In most cases, the uninsured poor will continue to remain uninsured, because the fine will be cheaper. I know you would love to add another expense to the tab of Joe taxpayer, seems to be the only answer the loony bin left has anymore. Oh wait, that has always been their only answer, which explains many of the flaws in our country and it's economy.

Republicans are against welfare??? Seems the red states host the largest collection of welfare recipients per capita. How can this be? Because your assessment is based on pent up rage instead of any sound reason. What conservatives really would like to see is SSDI reserved for legitimate cases, instead of a catch all for the cyclically unemployed, or just plain lazy. I know, I know, we would all like to live in a world of pixie dust and unicorns where Joe taxpayer has enough to finance everyone's perfect permanent vacation... I think we covered that ground already.

Remember when you were little and your mom caught you doing something you weren't supposed to be doing? If she loved you, she would discipline you. That's what responsible parents do. The point was to raise you to be a responsible adult who would make wise decisions. That's kind of how the free market works. When you buy something you cannot afford, it ends up biting you in the behind. Your credit goes to crap, the interest makes your life suck, and hopefully you won't make the same mistake again. The republicans like it this way because it hopefully will encourage responsibility.

The loon bin left thinks this is mean, and doesn't quite understand that the free market promotes equilibrium and responsibility among the masses. They seem to believe that responsible and hard working tax payers should subsidize everyone's mistakes so everyone can live the fantastic life, even with minimal effort. This is called pandering for votes, and it appears to be quite effective come election time. Apparently, the programs don't even have to hit their desired targets, because empty promises still count. You libs are too much. Actually, you are costing us too much. Just look at the deficits you losers have created. How many billions spent does it take to prop up a false economy? Quite a bit actually.

Quote:
And Americas financial problems are simple,
Such a statement only serves to cripple your credibility on the subject.

Quote:
Reagan did "trickle down" tax cuts for the rich and created huge deficits.
Clinton reversed Reagan's "trickle down" tax policies and created surpluses, and paid down our national debt.
GW Bush did "trickle down" tax cuts and turned Clinton's surpluses into deficits, and then GW Bush attacked Iraq for nothing and our deficits went through the roof.

And GW Bush's biggest tax cuts for billionaires happened while Obama was in office, and Obama has to pay for Bush's for nothing Iraq war. That's why Obama deficits are so big.

The following link shows Americas debt history, and it shows how our debt growth is going (down) since Obama took office. Look at the "Growth Rate YoY" section.
http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

Its ironic how you talk about Americas financial well being, when you voted for Mitt Romney and his $6.6 trillion dollars of tax cuts for Americas rich. That whole $6.6 trillion dollars would have been added to Americas national debt, and also financed the building of US factories in China.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

And to anyone not hooked on Fox news and Rush radio yet,

The following Australian documentary explains how Fox news and Rush radio CEO's manipulate these people as if they were retarded sheep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSAzYWmsiwI
Calling things you don't agree with "retarded". A true mark of intelligence if I ever heard of one

You can whine all you want about the rich getting richer thanks to the help of the republicans. Truth be told, they have been doing far better under Obama. Happened during the great depression too. The rich did extraordinarily well under FDR, despite all his programs designed to help the middle class and poor. What most of you are whining about is the rich are rich, and you're not. Were you rich 5 years ago? 10 years ago? Probably not. So why now is this a problem???? Oh yea, you don't have access to credit like before, so you can't load up on debt to upgrade your standard of living. Tough luck. Guess you better find another way, like working harder, studying something worthwhile in school, etc.

Problem with Obama and his policies... For one thing, he doesn't know what the hell he's doing. But the main problem is, your buddy slick Willy signed NAFTA over 15 years ago. So, your messiah is a little late to the game now. Actually, he's too late to even conduct damage control. At this point, he's just picking up the pieces and counting the casualties. Unfortunately, his policies are also delaying the efforts to construct an economy that actually works, and setting up roadblocks along the way.

One thing my dad always told me, and it became more clear as I got older... The scariest thing you can ever hear is "I am the government, and I am here to help". You'll figure it out someday, hopefully.

So how are those Obama policies workin out for ya
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies