Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 10:56 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Uh try again. Arizona's 1070 would have enabled racial profiling of all Hispanics including Hispanic American citizens. That has more to do that "freebies and hope for amnesty"
I'll bet you have no problem using the word redneck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 11:45 AM

991 posts, read 1,110,414 times
So many Republicans have become so tone-def - do they even think before they speak? Even if I agreed with somebody on some issues, if they came off sounding like a curmudgeonly a-hole all the time I would get sick of them. I would say the rebranding effort is probably the right course for the GOP.

Newsflash GOP: You're not cool. Isn't that what branding is about these days?

Old 03-29-2013, 11:53 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Bottom line is that he shouldn't have said it. He should know better.

Just say that it was wrong, and exit the thread.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
So many Republicans have become so tone-def - do they even think before they speak? Even if I agreed with somebody on some issues, if they came off sounding like a curmudgeonly a-hole all the time I would get sick of them. I would say the rebranding effort is probably the right course for the GOP.

Newsflash GOP: You're not cool. Isn't that what branding is about these days?
Meet the NEW BRAND, same as THE OLD BRAND!

Who - Won't get fooled again 1971 - YouTube

Old 03-29-2013, 12:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Should we not be use to this crap by now. Pelosi, Reid, Debbie the ignorant B---- Schultz, i can go on. say the most absurd ingorant statements that can ever be made, and you guys, don't care, so please give it a rest.

Politicians from both sides, are not the smartest cookies in what they say and do.

Democrats are not innocent in sticking with the truth, so please let's not go there. And john Edwards did not cheat on a dying wife. Did he.

Politicians for the most part, are good actors, because they are all fake.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:06 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
Not one Hispanic voted democrat because of a racial slur.

They vote democrat for the freebies and hope for amnesty.

And wingers vote Pub to give millionaires more freebies. It's all about who you want the gummint to give your money to.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:09 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
And you wonder why nearly 80% of Hispanics voted for Obama in the last Presidential election. Republicans might want to put different people in office or face even more losses in the future. Republicans are being recognized as the party of intolerance.

Alaska Rep. Don Young walks back ‘wetbacks’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
hispanics voted for obama because they foresaw this occurring four months in the future?

Old 03-29-2013, 12:15 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
This is like the N-word - only offensive when used by a person who is not of that race/ethnicity. Referring to others as mojados is pretty common among Hispanics. Anyhow, the guy is like 80 years old. He grew up in another world. Things like that just slip off the tongue with people who grew up using the terms and don't imply that he (or the Republicans) are racist. He recognized his slip and made apologies. It strikes me as disingenuous for people who abhor stereotyping of their particular group to try to lump-judge an entire political party based on a senior moment of one of its member. It is time to move on.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
hispanics voted for obama because they foresaw this occurring four months in the future?
Uh, no.

80% didn't vote for Republicans because of PREVIOUS incidents JUST LIKE THIS from right wingers who don't realize they don't live in the 1800's. This is just proof that conservatives cannot shake their racist leanings... no matter how much they try to re-package their "brand" to get more voters. It's disingenuous and this proves it.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:31 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Uh, no.

80% didn't vote for Republicans because of PREVIOUS incidents JUST LIKE THIS from right wingers who don't realize they don't live in the 1800's. This is just proof that conservatives cannot shake their racist leanings... no matter how much they try to re-package their "brand" to get more voters. It's disingenuous and this proves it.
what 'PREVIOUS incidents JUST LIKE THIS' ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies