Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 06:49 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What right does the homosexual have to force their sexual beliefs on the public with gay marriage? They are the ones pushing their agenda on the public with sex education as if homosexuality is normal. The gays are the ones forcing their ideas on the public.
Well, since the act of two homosexual individuals getting married in no way forces an agenda or a belief on you nor in any way affects your lifestyle (unless you consider forcing your religious beliefs onto others to be a lifestyle, regardless of the unconstitutionality of such behavior), I'd say that the answer to your question is that your question is a non-sequitur.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
The gays are not doing that. If they want to be gay that is their right. But they are forcing their gayness as being normal on the public..they are the activists.

If they want to do what they do in the privacy of their bedroom they have a choice.. but they are not willing to keep it there.. they want to redefine what marriage is..
And who are you to tell them they must profess their love for one another only in the privacy of their bedrooms? By what right to you believe you have to do this? The law defines what marriage is, not your religion.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:55 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,028 times
Quote:
I know of no Christians that treat gays with disrespect.
The irony here is thick.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:56 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It's sad that the right's last gasp rationale to oppose to gay marriage is a dictionary defense.
And they don't have that right either:

Black's Law Dictionary:

marriage, n. (Bc) 1. The legal union of a couple as spouses. - The essentials of a valid marriage are (1) parties legally capable of contracting to marry, (2) mutual consent or agreement, and (3) an actual contracting in the form prescribed by law. Marriage has important consequences in many areas of the law, such as torts, criminal law, evidence, debtor-creditor relations, property, and contracts.

-Black’s Law Dictionary Ninth Edition 2009 Pg 1059

Old 04-01-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Then the gays should NOT FORCE THEIR AGENDA TO REDEFINE WHAT MARRIAGE IS.
The law, as decided by the will of the people, defines what marriage is. Not your religion or that of anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
who cares if you are on board? It's going to happen. This should be quite obvious by now. America is becoming a socially liberal society.

And by the way. This wouldn't be the first time we had to redefine marriage in this country. There was a time where inter-racial marriage was banned. What was the argument by the bigots back then? YOu guessed it...we shouldn't redefine the definition of marriage.
People who opposed interracial marriage also used the same lame 'arguments' like:

It's not God's will
It's a perversion
What next? People will marry their dogs!

1,866 posts, read 2,850,028 times
Quote:
What right does the homosexual have to force their sexual beliefs on the public with gay marriage?
You are over-estimating a menace that does not exist.

What "sexual beliefs" can gay people - or anyone, for that matter - force upon someone else?

Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 AM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,143,002 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPqN-F22WKA about sums it up for me.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Normally I don't respond to posters who resort to personal attacks ... however, I fail to see how I'm an "uneducated bigot" just because I'm personally opposed to both gay & interracial marriage. If the truth were known, lots of people have hangups about both kinds of marriages. Truth is, I'm not a big fan of marriage in general. I believe that everybody should do what they will according to their own values & personal beliefs, and to hell with what the trend is.
So don't marry someone of a different race or someone of the same gender. Or don't get married at all.

Simple.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
That looks like a good link and I've been meaning to look for something like that, so thanks. I looked at it but will read the whole thing later.

Isn't there an argument to be made that the anti-"interracial marriage" laws were actually guilty of redefinition. Interracial marriage goes back several millenia. IIRC Abraham had a black wife.
Abraham's wife Sarah was his half-sister.
He also had sex with his wife's slavewoman Hagar.
He also had a number of concubines with whom he had children.

And Abraham was Yahweh's poster boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies