Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You accused me of cutting and pasting from "talking points" and things I had heard on a "radio program," and in so doing, suggesting I was not being genuine, especially in adding, "at least my thoughts are my own."

The suggestion was clear.
I hurt your feelings..sorry.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:20 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Eh?
It's about using nonsense to "prove" more nonsense.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The liberals in this thread seem to think there is absolutely no middle ground between zero welfare services and 50 million people on food stamps.
Wanting to scale back our welfare state and get more people working does not equal throwing everyone out of public houses and cutting off all welfare funding.

Hope no one lights a match close to this thread, all the straw men when burn the place down in seconds.

Ben Carson's mother and Obama's mother both used the system as it was intended. They used it to feed their families while they worked for something better.
We dont believe that at all, we believe your side does.

reread your own statement, you just wrote that you believe taking people off welfare will force them to find a job. That insinuates that everyone on welfare could work if they wanted to or that most of them arent already working.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:03 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,630,500 times
The Liberals Now Going After Dr. Carson, Banned From a Commencement Speech
I feel sorry for Dr. Carson. I'm sure the liberals with the help of the leftwing media will do everything in their power to smear this man. To the left there's nothing more dangerous than a conservative black man

To the radical left wing/progressive, a successful, conservative african-american man is a non-person. As is a successful, conservative woman.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:13 AM

62,932 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I feel sorry for Dr. Carson. I'm sure the liberals with the help of the leftwing media will do everything in their power to smear this man. To the left there's nothing more dangerous than a conservative black man

To the radical left wing/progressive, a successful, conservative african-american man is a non-person. As is a successful, conservative woman.
It's not the first time that liberals in our colleges have denied freedom of speech to a conservative guest. I am reminded of a white conservative and another incident where a black conservative (can't remember their names right now) were invited guests and the liberal/leftists students were protesting during their speeches verbally and it even turned to violence on their part at one point. A screeching bunch of Latinos didn't like the guest that was speaking because he opposed illegal immigraton. I think it only respectful to not attend if you don't like the guest speaker's views or to at least withold comments until after the speech is delivered.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:20 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
It's not the first time that liberals in our colleges have denied freedom of speech to a conservative guest.
Do tell, how is Carson being denied his freedom of speech?

Oh right, he isn't.

Like I've said before, freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom for far right nuts to spout their hate anywhere they want (say, on stage at a commencement address) while everyone else is forced to listen and either remain silent or agree with them. It does means he's free to spout his hateful nonsense in public, in his house, or wherever he can find a group of people who are willing to give him a platform.

You would understand this concept if far left liberals were not being allowed to give a commencement address at Bob Jones U. You would understand it if an abortion activist were not being allowed to take over the pulpit at a Catholic church. You would understand it if someone who fails to be far enough to the right weren't being given a slot at CPAC. So why do you have so much trouble understanding what freedom of speech actually means when it concerns a far right nut not being given a particular platform to spread his hateful nonsense?

Old 03-31-2013, 09:21 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I feel sorry for Dr. Carson. I'm sure the liberals with the help of the leftwing media will do everything in their power to smear this man.
Interesting that you consider publishing his own hateful words and ideas to be a smear. Maybe that tells you you should rethink your support for those ideas.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I went to my nieces graduation last year and could not believe what I heard. The speakers were actually saying if you fail that is ok just come back here and live. Failing is not a problem. They asked if anyone remembered anyone who was a nobel peace prize winner then quickly said, that's ok, nobody ever remembers who they are.

Is this what they are doing in school? teaching the kids that it is ok to fail?
If it is indoctrinated into children that it is not okay to fail, they will simply stop trying.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Pretty big ass assumption. There were a lot of people not invited to speak at CPAC. Not everyone can be invited, or the thing would go on for weeks!

Rush Limbaugh wasn't invited either again this year. I can think of many whom I would like to have heard from that were not invited. That's just the way it works.

[b]Were you invited to every party anyone ever had when you were a child? In the real world, we get to choose our guests. CPAC is no different[/B].
You just negated the entire premise of your thread.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:34 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You just negated the entire premise of your thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies