Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yep, here it is, "I'd rather be on the government dole for LESS than $10/hr because I just don't want to work".
Great comeback

Still waiting for someone to call Bob Johnson a slacker, AA hire or whatever codename you wanna give him.

Last edited by stick2dascript; 04-04-2013 at 08:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you look at unemployment rates by educational level and other societal factors you would be able to identify how much of the problem is continued racism vs. residual racism relating to growing up in poverty, broken homes etc. and their proven impact on peoples educational and career acheivments.

I mean just look around at all the inner city schools with 40% graduation rates and tell me what type of employment opportunities those youths will have in this era of outsourced manufacturing?

You even touch on the disparity in education and professional achievement between the males and females. That points to problems in job type availability as well as social issues outside of racism.
Main point made my Iamme73 basically kicked the wind out of all the conservatives on the board, equal educations blacks still lag way behind whites, nothing can change that fact. No amount of personal feelings made by essay writing conservatives going back to their childhood years in the 1950's can change that.

Thread has been successfully overtaken and derailed by iamme73 with straight up facts with black vs white on equal education blacks still lag way behind often having twice the unemployment rate.

I recommend some people go to bed and get some sleep and don't bring this up for at least 6 months when we forget about it.

It's no stereotypical issue which is what I always thought, this in a nutshell is RACISM, this is a American issue that needs to be resolved.

Have a good one

Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
We constantly hear Liberals making the case for increased funding for education, "FOR THE CHILDREN". We keep increasing the funding, but NEVER see results. Where the hell is all the money going? It isn't going to teachers because the case is being made to have more money "to hire better teachers". It isn't going to help improve the quality and healthfulness of the lunches served, i.e. pizza is now considered a vegetable because of the tomato sauce. It isn't going to make schools more secure. It isn't going to keep a closer eye on bullying because schools turn a blind eye unless students defend themselves.

I suspect all the extra funding constantly petitioned for is being soaked up among the teachers unions and school administrator from Washington down to the individual schools.
When did we increase this funding for schools ? public schools are funded by property and sales taxes of their individual districts.

Pizza isnt considered a vegetable, the state saying its districts have the ability to call it a vegetable i not the same as all of them adopting it as policy.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post

Bill O'Reilly & BET Founder Robert Johnson On Obama Getting A Pass From Black Americans - YouTube

He's a multimillionaire... you can't deny this republicans, just can't call him lazy, unwilling to work...

So what ya gotta say?

Racism doesn't exist, it's all in our heads?

LOL

Bye
One thing Bill O'Reilly said at the end. He said he doesn't know if institutional racism exists in the oil industry, the banking industry, or the other industries, that all he knows is the media industry.

And with the Black unemployment rate, it has been higher than the White unemployment no matter who was president.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I think that the reason why there was so much animosity towards white students when Roots first came on Television. Black kids did not have a clue as to the brutality that was involved with slavery and was not prepared for it either.
I heard of that happening. I heard of this happening at a school. No one knew until later. The way I see it, this has always been a divided nation with alot of animosity and anger. I think a miniseries like Roots was something that would bring alot of things to the light.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I heard of that happening. I heard of this happening at a school. No one knew until later. The way I see it, this has always been a divided nation with alot of animosity and anger. I think a miniseries like Roots was something that would bring alot of things to the light.
Well if you were never taught the historical truth and when you are blindsided by it unexpectly kids full of misplaced hormones/rage are rather unpredictable

Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
When White America has a cold, Black America has pneumonia.
Looking at this from historical terms, this sounds about right. Black unemployment rates have been twice as high as for Whites in this nation. It hasn't mattered who was president. When Reagan was the President, Blacks still had the highest unemployment rates in the nation. This dates back to the 50s and 60s. Even when accounting for education level, it is still higher. The unemployment rate for Black college graduates is on par with that of young White people with only a high school education. However, I have rarely heard about that. It is when the unemployment rate for college-educated Whites started going up that there seemed to be some kind of emergency. I think it goes back to how Blacks have historically been viewed in this nation.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:13 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
One thing Bill O'Reilly said at the end. He said he doesn't know if institutional racism exists in the oil industry, the banking industry, or the other industries, that all he knows is the media industry.

And with the Black unemployment rate, it has been higher than the White unemployment no matter who was president.

Of course he would know something that he keeps fanning.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Well if you were never taught the historical truth and when you are blindsided by it unexpectly kids full of misplaced hormones/rage are rather unpredictable
In a way, it is like being subjected to shock. It was the shock of finding out information that was withheld.

I was never taught alot of things in school. I think this is why I feel like I got cheated by the school I went to. It was basically like some of the teachers didn't know it, and didn't really care about it. Being kept from one's history can be harmful. I think in my case, my father was telling me some things about my history, so I at least had a window to a part of my history my teachers rarely taught. For instance, when I was in the 6th grade, my teachers talked about the Holocaust. It was a horrific event and it needed to be discussed. That being said, there was only one teacher I remembered who taught be about La Amistad uprising, the Piano Lesson by August Wilson, and other bits of Black History that I would have never gotten, even during Black History Month. It was my 7th grade literature teacher, who was a Black woman. I remember my father asking me what was being covered in school, and he noticed that there were alot of things not being covered, stuff that he actually learned. In my own way, I was never really blindsided, because I just assumed no one was going to teach that stuff to me, stuff I wanted to know. As a young kid, I was really into cowboy stuff. I eventually gave it up, thinking that "it wasn't for black kids". Later on, when I was a junior in high school, I read about the history of Black cowboys, and I wanted to learn more.

Whenever children are withheld important information about their heritage, when they aren't being taught, it is difficult for them to have a sense of themselves. I see kids trying to act "hard" or behave in a manner that is considered "Black". I look at stuff such as disregarding education, acting "hard", and emulating stuff from these rap artists, stuff that is deemed "authentically Black", and I think of the real history behind. None of that behavior is "authentically Black".

Old 04-05-2013, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheMan View Post
So you're saying blacks are responsible for this? We're the reasons why jobs won't hire us? You can't be serious....
He usually makes a good post every now and then but this wasn't one of them. Common sense and a quick Google search should be made before making such broad statements.

Quote:

It's always been closer to double which is why I laugh when I see conservatives try to pin this on obama or I hear conservative blame the democratic party in America as the reason for high black unemployment. Truth is, we're black people and not many care nor give a damn about us, I said it before but I was called a "victim" but the truth is the truth. Educated blacks 50% more then educated whites. Blacks with no prison records = more unemployment than whites with a record...

When you look at it from this view, it's damn near laughable believing any conservative when it comes to black people, it's a stereotype and a skin problem, nothing to do with work ethic... They hate us because our skin is dark plain and simple.

Quote:
Looking at this from historical terms, this sounds about right. Black unemployment rates have been twice as high as for Whites in this nation. It hasn't mattered who was president. When Reagan was the President, Blacks still had the highest unemployment rates in the nation. This dates back to the 50s and 60s. Even when accounting for education level, it is still higher. The unemployment rate for Black college graduates is on par with that of young White people with only a high school education. However, I have rarely heard about that. It is when the unemployment rate for college-educated Whites started going up that there seemed to be some kind of emergency. I think it goes back to how Blacks have historically been viewed in this nation.
This is why I feel it's so important for blacks who get "in" to save, invest and open up something to the lower class and motivate them, gangster rap is a crime in itself and should be outlawed.

Unfortunately many of us have been taught to hate our own which makes their job much, much easier.

We spoke of the unions and the blue collar jobs yesterday, blacks dominated those jobs pre-union so no benefits, low wages but once unions came into play mostly whites were hired.

Taking politics seriously is really laughable at times.. especially looking back at history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies