Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 09:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
He's right. But what do black people do? Turn around and vote for the guy a second time.

LOL

All I can do is laugh. Loyalty To The Raceâ„¢ must be a really strong emotion.
They aren't loyal to the race. They are loyal to democrats -- they're fine with throwing 22% of that race under the bus. Obama isn't doing anything for the disadvantaged blacks and they admit they don't care.

The cheap foreign labor pouring over the border has no trouble finding jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 09:11 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So you would vote for someone or a party that removes your job opportunities but not one that wants all able bodied Americans to have those opportunities rather than being unemployed or on welfare? I don't know all the reasons why ending certain programs are being looked at afteall our country is broke and unless something is absolutely necessary we have to cut spending and get out of debt and stop borrowing money to keep afloat. Why don't you look at it that way rather then acting like minorities are just being picked on?
The best way to help african Americans get jobs is to stop defunding African Americans schools and put teachers and administrators in them that care about the students.

African Americans with a college degree have an unemployment rate of 7.3%

50% of African Americans without a high school degree are unemployed.

THis is an educational issue, not an immigration one.

I said nothing about African Americans being picked on, i said republicans seem to not realize that there are unique problems to the african american problems.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:13 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The African American unemployment rate under Reagan got as high as 22%.

Black unemployment rate: Highest since 1984 - Sep. 2, 2011

im not sure where you got that "4x" as much argument from, but could you back it up ?
He can't

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Illegal immigration benefits both parties while systematically screwing the population.

Democrats want the votes while Republicans want the cheap labor. The end result for Joe Public is few available jobs and higher taxes to support folks that shouldn't even be here to begin with.
Basically but blacks are better off under Democratic because more opportunity is there, that's the main difference, most financial aid for those who want to go to school, tighter AA laws to prevent discrimination which is actually impossible to stop and more.

If you take all that away you immediately have a 40% black unemployment rate, companies will drop a good amount of blacks in a minute. Blacks fair the best hired in government jobs also, so republicans hating government is a direct correlation to this.

These guys don't know history, blacks were killed back when they took off their hats and said hello in a respectable manner to white people back in the day.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:15 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Get real. Blaming education alone is a cop out. Parenting plays a more significant role than ANYTHING.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Get real. Blaming education alone is a cop out. Parenting plays a more significant role than ANYTHING.
I chose to focus on education, it doesnt mean i see education as the only problem. You should probably ask a question before jumping to conclusions.

You can have great parents but be born into poverty and not be able to pull yourself out because there is no opportunity to do so. Education can also overcome bad parenting by putting good role models into a child's life.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:22 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,673,944 times
There are places in Appalachia that I have been that are 94% white that have 14% unemployment.They have the same social problems that Urban blacks have; unemployment, teen pregnancy, drugs use, high welfare and disability population, school drop rates ,and crime.

Until we can look at these problems abstractly and get race out of the equation people will always feel these people bring these problems on themselves. In my experiences there are places in Harlem, Philadelphia, and Detroit that are eerily like being in Appalachia except one is black the other white. The differences are superficial like going into a black church and then a white church.

I think they both share the same problem that can be summed up in one word and that word is "access" Name anything that children need in order to be able to grow up healthy and productive, they don't have easy access to it . I saw the same thing way up in the mountains in the inner mountain west on the Reservations.

IMO Reservations , Urban areas and Appalachia are failed settlement ideals from the 17th or perhaps the 16th century that have not stood the test of time. There are no Jobs in those areas.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 03-30-2013 at 09:38 AM..

Old 03-30-2013, 09:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
The best way to help african Americans get jobs is to stop defunding African Americans schools and put teachers and administrators in them that care about the students.

I said nothing about African Americans being picked on, i said republicans seem to not realize that there are unique problems to the african american problems.
There are no African American schools. There are public schools that are funded very very well -- the US spends far more on education than any other country.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
in the very Quote you typed(copy/pasted) he says unemployment in the African American community has been above 10% for the majority of the last 50 years. You are attacking Obama for something that has persisted for Almost 50 years. It dipped to 8% under Clinton.
Where did I attacked Obama?

Old 03-30-2013, 09:41 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
The assertion that African-Americans weren't 'allowed to read books' until the late 1800's doesn't hold water, nor does it have anything to do with this discussion/topic.

As long as Obama continues his war against the middle class thanks to job-killing monstrosities such as ObamaCare & Dodd-Frank, coupled with his party's iron grip on our inner-city schools by refusing to allow those kids to use vouchers at a private or parochial school, African-Americans aren't going to see any improvement in their standard of living as long as they continue to vote for Democrats.

Until Democrats finally decide that challenging the competency of teachers via annual exams is more important than keeping them employed, initiating merit pay programs, and mandating that any teacher who teaches courses in science & mathematics MUST have an advanced degree, our schools are going to continue to pump out millions of illiterate children of all ages & races, with the 100% consent of the Democratic Party and their enablers in the liberal media who'll provide the cover for them.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:41 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:

Inner city schools have some of the highest per student spending rates in the country. I agree it's more of education issue than an immigration one but the simple fact is that many of these dropouts would have been able to do some of these jobs illegals now do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies