Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 02:14 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
I am just posting the news...You seem to have taken a real interest in this...are you one of the teachers in the story or something?
are you?

You post a story on a message board, then get irritated at the possibility of an opinion different than yours?

Life must be really hard for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 02:19 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times
Quote:
I am just posting the news...You seem to have taken a real interest in this...are you one of the teachers in the story or something?
You are posting "news" from blogs. Anyone can post anything on a blog. Doesn't make it true or unbiased.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:22 PM

157 posts, read 102,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Ha, no. I'm posting in several topics right now, don't feel special. Didn't you want people to take interest in this if you posted it on a discussion board?

If you're "just posting the news" then why say that these teachers are typical liberals? And this isn't news, it's a blog post on some website. This didn't make news anywhere.

You're really backpedaling right now.
Its been posted on 2 news sites that I saw...probably more if I looked harder.I am not back pedaling just don't see how ANYONE can take the side of the teachers in this case...you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
are you?

You post a story on a message board, then get irritated at the possibility of an opinion different than yours?

Life must be really hard for you.
I am not getting irritated just find it odd someone would take the side of the bully....

Old 03-30-2013, 02:26 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,776 times
Quote:
Its been posted on 2 news sites that I saw...probably more if I looked harder.I am not back pedaling just don't see how ANYONE can take the side of the teachers in this case...you are.

I am not getting irritated just find it odd someone would take the side of the bully....
See, now I KNOW that you are desperate because you're making stuff up. I never took the side of the teachers and you know that. If you're gonna respond by calling me a liar, quote me where I said the teachers were right.

I said the kid was lying and this probably didn't happen. Then I said IF this did actually happen, there should be consequences. If that's taking the teachers' side, then the sides are pretty messed up.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:31 PM

You took the side of the teacher by claiming that the kid was lying...you don't want to believe its true...

Old 03-30-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
You took the side of the teacher by claiming that the kid was lying...you don't want to believe its true...
Right, high school kids would never lie.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:37 PM

So that's taking the side of the teachers? Really, you thought no one would question a blog post on a random website? Are you BS'ing me here? You thought it unfathomable that someone would be a little suspicious of an online post that could be by anyone who claims he was consistently pulled aside by his teacher and told how wrong he was? And that this same student decided to come online rather than go to the proper authorities? Is that what you're saying?

No, taking the teachers' side would be believing the kid and supporting the teachers.

If saying the kid is a liar is taking the teachers' side, I guess calling out the boy who cried wolf is defending wolves. I guess saying someone who claims their car was stolen to collect insurance on it a liar is defending thieves. I guess calling BS on someone who said they saw a UFO is defending aliens. Need I go on?

Old 03-30-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Right, high school kids would never lie.
Right,adults would never lie.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Complete deflection. The fact that adults lie has nothing to do with whether this kid is lying. Try again.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Putting aside your hyperpartisanship, who's word holds more weight? A college educated adult or a pubescent high school freshman?

Take all the time you need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies